Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Rule Suggestion

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743143

Map specific (Minecraft) rule suggestion

After reading the rules, I've noticed there are no "map specific" rules. Seeing as the server is currently running 24/7 ttt_minecraft_b5, and after playing it for ages now, I've come to the conclusion that there are a few unwritten rules about the map that some players may be unfamiliar with, or have disagreements on.

-Hiding the golden block.
By far the most controversial action would be hiding the golden block, which activates the tester. I've heard people it's not KOS'able, others say it's only KOS'able if you hide it but it's not if it's still accessible, others say it doesn't matter how you hide it, as long as you do, it's still KOS'able. Newer players or even regular players can't really familiarize themselves with this, and this can be an extremely gray area on weather or not this is KOS'able.

People won't be sure if they will be punished or not. My proposal is, add a rule saying that if you do anything in order to hide it, it's KOS'able.

-Hiding diamond blocks.
This one is also heard a few times, people saying that this is also KOS'able as it takes away a method of winning for the innocent, as does the golden block. While I don't think this is as serious as they say it is, I still think this should be taken into consideration, at least a bit.

My proposal for hiding diamond blocks would be that it would only cause high suspicion on the player who hides them.

-KOSing a location.
This one is, gladly, fairly common knowledge between players. You aren't really allowed to do that. Due to its simplicity, my proposal is just leaving it like it is, and adding a rule that you can't call out locations, as it is EXTREMELY unfair.

-Forcing to test.
Again, fairly common knowledge but not as much between the players as it is with the last one. There is confusion between who can force to test, confusion with how fast can you kill if they don't test, some even say you CAN'T force to test.

My proposal for this one would be that ONLY Detectives are allowed to force tests. They should give 2 warnings and then a countdown before actually KOSing them.

Confusion between individual rules and "T baiting"

Some people might argue, that these rules can go down under the category of T baiting, mainly the first two. Now, whilst I somewhat agree for this to be true, the "T baiting" rule is, in itself, a big grey area, and in my opinion, should be revisited and improved to be written with higher detail.

Conclusion

If you have any additional suggestions, please comment down below. Other than that, any feedback is appreciated.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Yikes Svanz Comet.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743147

Gold Block - If your intention isn't to bring it to the tester = KOS

Diamond Ore's - I believe the same might apply to Gold Block

KOS Locations - It's not allowed

Force to Test - Only Detectives can do that
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743149

All of these things are already in the rules.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743156

I read the rules before writing the post, what do you mean

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743165

Svanzscape wrote:
I read the rules before writing the post, what do you mean
There are some un-written rules that we all know. And some of them accually are written....
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Nick0GR.

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743171

Svanzscape wrote:
-Hiding the golden block.
By far the most controversial action would be hiding the golden block, which activates the tester. I've heard people it's not KOS'able, others say it's only KOS'able if you hide it but it's not if it's still accessible, others say it doesn't matter how you hide it, as long as you do, it's still KOS'able. Newer players or even regular players can't really familiarize themselves with this, and this can be an extremely gray area on weather or not this is KOS'able.

People won't be sure if they will be punished or not. My proposal is, add a rule saying that if you do anything in order to hide it, it's KOS'able.
2.5 Valid KOS reasons
There are many KOS reasons and they all work in different situations and scenarios, here are a few;

- Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor.
- Ignoring unidentified bodies/C4 etc.
- Declaring invalid KOS on other players
- Turning themselves in I.e "I'm a traitor, in the traitor room" etc.
- Seeing a player inside of a Traitor only room.
- Failure to answer to a life check.
- Throwing a incendiary grenade that damages other players near the player.
- Pushing someone with a crowbar near an edge or hazard.
- Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots.
- Attempting to hide diamond blocks from innocents.
Svanzscape wrote:
-Hiding diamond blocks.
This one is also heard a few times, people saying that this is also KOS'able as it takes away a method of winning for the innocent, as does the golden block. While I don't think this is as serious as they say it is, I still think this should be taken into consideration, at least a bit.

My proposal for hiding diamond blocks would be that it would only cause high suspicion on the player who hides them.
2.5 Valid KOS reasons
There are many KOS reasons and they all work in different situations and scenarios, here are a few;

- Holding/Using a Traitor only weapon without announcing that he got it from a traitor.
- Ignoring unidentified bodies/C4 etc.
- Declaring invalid KOS on other players
- Turning themselves in I.e "I'm a traitor, in the traitor room" etc.
- Seeing a player inside of a Traitor only room.
- Failure to answer to a life check.
- Throwing a incendiary grenade that damages other players near the player.
- Pushing someone with a crowbar near an edge or hazard.
- Throwing the Golden block in unreachable spots.
- Attempting to hide diamond blocks from innocents.
Svanzscape wrote:
-KOSing a location.
This one is, gladly, fairly common knowledge between players. You aren't really allowed to do that. Due to its simplicity, my proposal is just leaving it like it is, and adding a rule that you can't call out locations, as it is EXTREMELY unfair.
2.6 Invalid KOS reasons
There are many invalid KOS reasons which are not allowed within the server, here are a few;

- A player is AFK [Ask a member of staff to force them to spectate]
- Being in a public area [Players are allowed free-roam of the map, you cannot KOS someone for entering a area minus traitor only areas]
- A grudge held in a prior game upon a player.
- A player has taken damage.
- The Traitor has a similar skin/hat to the player in question.
- The player throws a discombulator/smoke grenade away from other players.
- A player looks at you/follows you [Unless in partnership with rule 2.2]
Svanzscape wrote:
-Forcing to test.
Again, fairly common knowledge but not as much between the players as it is with the last one. There is confusion between who can force to test, confusion with how fast can you kill if they don't test, some even say you CAN'T force to test.

My proposal for this one would be that ONLY Detectives are allowed to force tests. They should give 2 warnings and then a countdown before actually KOSing them.
2.2b Detective Warnings/KOS Reasons.
As a detective, you may issue a warning to players to not do/use something, but you must still use valid KOS reasons, and not make up your own false reasons. Some examples of valid detective KOS reasons are;

- Refusing to go into the traitor tester after being asked multiple times.
- Using a health station repeatedly without permission.
- Refusing to cease fire.

These are not all the valid scenarios for detectives to KOS someone, but make sure that they follow what is stated above relating to false reasons. There must be something valid and traitorous that lead to call the KOS .
Svanzscape wrote:
Confusion between individual rules and "T baiting"

Some people might argue, that these rules can go down under the category of T baiting, mainly the first two. Now, whilst I somewhat agree for this to be true, the "T baiting" rule is, in itself, a big grey area, and in my opinion, should be revisited and improved to be written with higher detail.
2.3 Baiting as a Traitor
When in-game you cannot commit traitorous acts as innocent/detective for example you cannot shoot nearby players to "scare" them ect...
All of these things are already rules, specifically stated and described there for users to understand. The only rule that might have to be revised would be the traitor baiting rule to give more examples (though, realistically, it just means you can't commit traitorous acts as an innocent/detective)
  • Raeker
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743203

Thanks for the extremely detailed response.
For the Diamond block and Golden Block hiding things, I clearly skipped that, thank you. But, it goes to show that they're fairly easy to miss.

For the KOS location, I meant the scenario where "Someone's shooting from the tower! KOS The tower!"

For the Test force, I meant that the rule needs to be way more clear. People think INNOCENTS can test force, there needs to be warnings in place and then a countdown, etc.

But the response was super detailed, thank you.

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743206

I've noticed there are no "map specific" rules. Seeing as the server is currently running 24/7 ttt_minecraft_b5

24/7 ttt_minecraft_b5 one day, we hope
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5849
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743223

Svanzscape wrote:
Thanks for the extremely detailed response.
For the Diamond block and Golden Block hiding things, I clearly skipped that, thank you. But, it goes to show that they're fairly easy to miss.
That could be argued for all the rules I'm afraid. Sorry, I know it's just my own experience talking here, but I don't think that rule clarifications are needed. Just look at SSRP for example: it has a lot of rules that need to be enforced and although there's occasionally a discussion about whether or not a rule has been broken, they are clear enough to be enforced and followed.
Svanzscape wrote:
For the KOS location, I meant the scenario where "Someone's shooting from the tower! KOS The tower!"
I guess it's not extremely clear, but that would go under the KOS areas rule in rule 2.6. So it's already in the rules.
Svanzscape wrote:
For the Test force, I meant that the rule needs to be way more clear. People think INNOCENTS can test force, there needs to be warnings in place and then a countdown, etc.
Once again I know I'm an experienced staff member and thus have a clear understanding of what's written down there. Because of this I find it a bit difficult to relate to your issues, as some users who are less familiar with them might not find them as clear as I do.

It's simply a fact, though, that it is specified in the rules. That you might not understand them is more your problem than ours - although that's a very rude way of thinking about it.

I'll discuss a possible rule overhaul with some high ranking people like how they did it on SSRP a few months ago. If possible I'd like to do it with you directly - an experienced, yet new opinion on the matter might be exactly the combination that could be needed for the rules to be better described. Please add me on Steam, thank you.
Svanzscape wrote:
But the response was super detailed, thank you.
Just doing my job bud :)
  • Raeker
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Raeker.

[TTT] Rule Suggestion 6 years 7 months ago #743338

Will do, and thank you. It's just that TTT is an extremrly popular gamemode, and sadly, players come and go, theres dozens of new ones everyday. Little things like wording matters, because there are countless possibilities on how a certain situation can go down, so I believe it would be best to keep things as black and white as possible. I've only said this because from my experiences, there have been tons of situations that are almost identical, but are dealt with differently.

Will add you on steam. You may close the thread if you want, or you can leave it for others to give feedback or suggestions. Thank you.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

158 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32