SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:208127820

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Knuthulhu's Gamertracker

Estimated Server Time:
150h

Languages I speak:
Swedish & English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
Im active on the server. Not only on surf, but on the forum, discord and teamspeak. I always put helping users before surfing(If someone needs help I stop my current run to help them. I always try to attend the meeting(but due to my job this isn't always possible). Im always positive and do my best to help everyone that needs help.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?:

Activity

I joined Zarp for the first time on the 22nd of march 2017 and been actively playing almost everyday since the end of summer 2019. But im not only active on the surf server, im also active on the bunny hop server, Discord, Teamspeak, Forum and recently i've also started playing on the trouble in terrorist town server.

Attitude

Im a calm and positive person and I very rarely get angry. I always have patience when it comes to dealing with rulebreakers and im never to quick to punish someone. I'd like to think that im a trustworthy and helpful person and I do whatever I can to help a player in need.

Experience

I've been surfing since 2009, Staffing since 2011 and ran my own server from 2015 to 2017 and been staff on Zarp since 2019. This has given me a lot of experience dealing with users & reports.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I have never encountered a situation that I couldn't handle by myself. But lets pretend that i encountered a hacker, What i would do then is gather as much evidence as i can using either OBS or Shadowplay. I would then bring this up on the next meeting so the user gets punished appropriatly.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

Accepted

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Denied

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would talk to the staff member and ask why he banned the user for the amount of time that he did, if he doesn't have a good reason for the ban duration and would talk to him and make sure he doesn't do it again. I would also link him the Staff Ethos.
I would of course then alter the duration of the ban to a more appropriate time.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would talk to the staff member and inform him that he isn't dealing with the user they way he should, I would explain how to best deal with users. I would also link him the Staff Ethos.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would talk to the staff member and ask him what rules the second staff member have broken and if he have any evidence. In case he doesn't have any evidence there isn't really that much that i can do unless it was chat related(spaming, rasism etc..), then I could ask for the chat logs.
But If he has evidence:

Mild Offence

In this case I would tell the staff member to join either teamspeak/discord* so that I could talk to him and let him know what the he have done wrong and why he can't do it.

Example of some mild offences:
• Voice Modification/Voice Changers
• Inappropriate Avatars/Sprays
• Inappropriate Name/VIP Tag

Serious Offence

In this case I would issue an emerency demotion and tell the staff member to join either teamspeak/discord* so that I could talk to him and let him know why i demoted him, I would also let the Lead Team know. The demotion would then be brought up on the next meeteing and then the Lead Team will vote on whether to give him back his rank or keep his demotion.

Example of some Serious offences:
• Client Side Modification (hacking)
• Exploiting
• Threatening a player in any way

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I'd get them both on teamspeak/discord* so we can talk about why they're arguing, id then get in a call with staff member #1 and let him tell his side of the story, and then the same with staff member #2.
I'd then get both in the same call again and try to resolve the issue and make sure they get along, but if the argument can't get resolved I would bring this up with the Lead Team and let them decide what the next move is.
You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

Mild Abuse

In this case I would tell the staff member to join either teamspeak/discord* so that I could talk to him and let him know what the he have done wrong and why he can't do it, I would also give him a warning for abuse.

Serious Abuse

In this case I would issue an emerency demotion and tell the staff member to join either teamspeak/discord* so that I could talk to him and let him know why i demoted him, I would also let the Lead Team know. The demotion would then be brought up on the next meeteing and then the Lead Team will vote on whether to give him back his rank or keep his demotion.

*If the user don't want to join teamspeak/discord we could of course talk through Admin chat/discord chat instead.
  • Knuthulhu
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Thanks received: 213

ex Surf & Bhop Server Owner
The topic has been locked.

[Surf Super Admin] Knuthulhu's Application 4 years 3 months ago #1190218

Get em chief

:plussp:
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
The following user(s) said Thank You: Knuthulhu

[Surf Super Admin] Knuthulhu's Application 4 years 3 months ago #1190298

:support:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5653

[Surf Super Admin] Knuthulhu's Application 4 years 3 months ago #1190318

• Buffy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️ Rex ❤️
  • Thanks received: 2231

[Surf Super Admin] Knuthulhu's Application 4 years 3 months ago #1190320

• Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[Surf Super Admin] Knuthulhu's Application 4 years 3 months ago #1190399

oh yes
  • Taylor_
  • Legendary Member
  • (:
  • Thanks received: 866
✯ Legendary Member ✯

✯ Ex Deathrun Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Bhop Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Surf Head Administrator ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Super Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Prophunt Administrator ✯
✯ Ex Discord Administrator ✯
✯ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✯
✯ Ex Server Apps Section Mod ✯
✯ Ex SSRP Section Mod ✯

✯Steam✯

[Surf Super Admin] Knuthulhu's Application 4 years 3 months ago #1190412

You seem to genuinely care about the server and are pushing for things to be added. I believe you’d make a great SA!

• Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[Surf Super Admin] Knuthulhu's Application 4 years 3 months ago #1190462

• Dat Sand
  • Fresh Boarder