Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:
RDM is where a player kills another player with no justification. Attempted RDM is where a play shoots at another player for no reason but doesn't succeed in killing them. Example:
Player 1 walks up to player 2 in spawn and starts to shoot him when he hasn't engaged in any RP. This is RDM.
Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:
New Life Rule is returning to an area ,within a time limit, in which they died in. They can't return or interfere with anything that happened in that area for 3 minutes. Example:
Player 1 kills player 2 in the rich district (On server 1). Player 2, within the 3 minute NLR timer, returns to the rich district.
Explain how you would handle the following situation: Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would teleport both users to an area away from RP situations. I would then ask both users to individual explain what happened. I would then ask if either of the users have any evidence or proof of what happened. If the person who got RDM'ed had no proof then I wouldn't be able to warn them as there is no way to indentify whether it was RDM or not. If they did have evidence that the user RDM'ed them then I would warn the user and refer them to read over the rules in order to avoid it again.
Explain how you would handle the following situation: Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would teleport both users to an area away from RP situations. I would then ask both users to individual explain what happened. I would then check the logs to see if the same player had indeed killed the user within the NLR timer (of 3 minutes). If the user had infact broken NLR then I would warn them and refer them to read the rules of what NLR is. If they hadn't broken NLR then I would end the sit and not deal any punishments
Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words):
I think I should be chosen as I have been admin on SSRP before but resigned due to exams etc. I am a previous and current Deathrun Admin where I do my job correctly and professionally. I believe I would make a great SSRP staff member as I am good and fair when dealing with situations. I always conduct what I believe the correct punishment as long as I have justification. I have a good knowledge of the commands from my previous experience of staff.
I was told to apply for Moderator first as I have been away for so long.
Thanks for taking the time to read my application. All feedback is greatly welcomed.
[SSRP Moderator] Dezmond's Application
9 years 4 months ago #575374
Can I request for this to be reviewed at a later date? This is because I have received a warning for something I didn't know was a rule and even after apologising and admitting I didn't know it was a rule, I still have a warning.
[SSRP Moderator] Dezmond's Application
9 years 4 months ago #575399
Dezmond wrote:
Can I request for this to be reviewed at a later date? This is because I have received a warning for something I didn't know was a rule and even after apologising and admitting I didn't know it was a rule, I still have a warning.
[SSRP Moderator] Dezmond's Application
9 years 4 months ago #575401
B4nQk0k wrote:
Dezmond wrote:
Can I request for this to be reviewed at a later date? This is because I have received a warning for something I didn't know was a rule and even after apologising and admitting I didn't know it was a rule, I still have a warning.
Appeal it?
He was warned when he had zero recent punishments, it seems the admin didnt know what he was doing, it should be removed as i think para was informed
[SSRP Moderator] Dezmond's Application
9 years 4 months ago #575462
Sada wrote:
B4nQk0k wrote:
Dezmond wrote:
Can I request for this to be reviewed at a later date? This is because I have received a warning for something I didn't know was a rule and even after apologising and admitting I didn't know it was a rule, I still have a warning.
Appeal it?
He was warned when he had zero recent punishments, it seems the admin didnt know what he was doing, it should be removed as i think para was informed
Para has supposedly denied the request so the warning still stands.
[SSRP Moderator] Dezmond's Application
9 years 4 months ago #578768
Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.
This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
One recent warning.
You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!