Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moderator Application

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #184874

Steam Name: CaptainBlackBeard95 (or Portsop95, not so sure which one you need)

Forum Name: CaptainBlackBeard95

What server(s) are you active on?: Zarp 1 is my main then it's Zarp 2.

I am From: Cyprus and Finland but live in Sweden.

Time spent with Zarp Gaming?: Roughly a year if not more.

How often do you come on the forums: Barely since I had no reason to do so.

Why You?: Truly, there is no specific reason I should be selected. All I want is to reduce the frustration of people waiting for a response on the F1 and help solve conflicts.

I told my age. I turn 16 in October the 3rd and the estimated Server Time is around a year and a few months On and off. I had times where I was addicted then something got in the way and I forgot about this then found it and got addicted again.

I speak fluent English, Swedish and Greek,

Random Death Match (A.k.a RDM) is when a person randomly opens fire. If it is in self defence either against an Officer/Raid or Mug then it is not an RDM case.
A scenario: A gundealer self-supplied and had the urge to pull his new guns out and open fire at civilians. (You included). Call an Admin and report the case with F1.

The New Life Rule (Mostly called NLR) says that upon respawn after death, you may not return to the location where you died for a specific amount of time. Varies from server to server. In this server it is 3:00 minutes.
A scenario: You get killed during a raid. You may not return to the place nor interact with the people involved with the raid.

The Metagaming (''Meta'' for short is used more often) rule is hard to explain but one way to explain it is, do Not use external factors to affect the game. Basically don't use /OOC to ask someone for guns or bail. OOC is an Out Of Character chat and therefore you may not use it to directly affect the game though if you use it to ask general questions about rules or even just Personal questions is NOT breaking the Metagaming rule.
A scenario: ''/OOC Buying M4A1's!! Who sells? PM me!'' would be breaking Meta, though ''/OOC I just caught my dog peeing on the carpet...'' and ''/OOC Can someone send a link to the Rules in the Forums?'' are completely Acceptable.

(The dog thing may be a little you know.. but You get my point)

If Player X accuses player Y for RDMing him (X), I would first ask if there is any proof because if there IS proof then there is no more process required. If not then we'd have to check what class X had to know if he was allowed to have guns and then if Y was a Thief, Gangster or Officer, I can assume that X was being raided or Arrested so that would be a reason to kill Y.
Starting to confuse myself so I think this is a complete answer.
Simplified:
X has class Drug Dealer and Y has Thief, Gangster = X is being raided = Not an RDM
X is a Gangster, Y is an Officer = X is being arrested = Not an RDM as he was responding to the Arrest
X is a Civilian, Y is anything but a Thief = X WAS NOT being mugged = RDM

NLR being broken. Extremely accurate proof (Not 100%) is if Y dies then either gets a kill or dies again within the NLR time span. If X has both the kills in his name then that is 100% proof that Y interracted again with X when he shouldn't have.

Player X calls for help in the OOC for someone to affect his in game position/situation. I would warn the person not to do that or else they would be warned for Metagaming. I usually warn multiple times because I feel like I am abusing my powers if I insta-warn. It just makes me want to lose my powers to make sure I won't abuse them again.

I don't think I have 150 words to use to convince you to choose me but I can try. There goes nothing:
I don't know how far back the console goes but I almost Always become an Officer if Possible. I want Justice. I want Order. Even as a gangster, I threaten people who curse the Authorities (which I know is not the best method to go with). As a Moderator, my voice will Actually be heard and I actually Do have the power to stop crime and place order in place. Solving conflicts is, without a shread of doubt, the most rewarding (Feeling wise) thing to do. I would not be surprised if I didn't get the role as I know that there is a huge number of Moderators out in the game and I know there is no need for more but I'd be extremely grateful and I'd do my best to do job properly.
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by CaptainBlackBeard95.
The topic has been locked.

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #184878

Use this template

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Alicia
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Aliciaaaa
  • Thanks received: 58

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #184924

Post Removed.
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by CaptainBlackBeard95.

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #184930

I just arrested someone and RIGHT when I arrested him, I heard the sound of suicide and I reported him. It said in the logs that he tried to FailRP when I arrested him.

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #184932

Follow the template; if you speak fluent English, then this won't be a problem.
Use the edit button that you find below any post that you create.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #184953

It's almost like you're RPing in your application.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #184963

I am just trying to prove that I can think with the way I'm supposed to think as a Moderator..

Moderator Application 8 years 8 months ago #187845

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:
Use the correct template so we know who you are.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

254 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127