Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Surf Admin] Dias Application

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390855

Prince Nyx wrote:
narexa wrote:
Prince Nyx wrote:
narexa wrote:
I maybe missing something here but why do you want staff on a server you don't play?
~1350h I wouldnt say he isnt playing on the server ngl

You know exactly what I mean, your past time on the server doesn't matter whatsoever if you aren't actively playing now
I actually missunderstood. However I already stated. Dia is playing a lot on the dev server together with myself. This testing is important for the improvement and the release of the new gamemode. Dia is one of the most pationate ppl on the zarp surf server. Without his help, a lot of the new features which are implemented in the new gamemode, wouldnt have happened. When testing a 100% new gamemode its not done in just playing a few hrs. We've been testing new features and the gamemode over all for months and even more intensely in the last few weeks. Choosing between the help on the dev server and the active staffing on the live server (which he also does), the dev server outweighs by a lot. I hope that this kind of clears things up.

How does he actively staff on live when he has played 24 minutes in the past week? he isn't going to be staffing on the dev server so it's completely irrelevant, obviously it's nice for him to help out with testing but at the end of the day he's applying for a position on live that has nothing to do with helping out on a dev server.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4844
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by narexa.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red.

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390903

Quick note: thx for the support nyx, i really appreciate it.

I understand the critique, and if my playtime on the current zarp surf server is less then it should be i truly understand that point.
On the otherhand, work that ive done in the last weeks for zarp is not only messured by playtime.
E.g. I cleaned up a lot of mess caused by other players on the leaderboard. I have done a lot to improve our future projects and brought up a lot of points how zarp can improve for everyone from beginner to "pro".

To bring up the other point of critique, that my application is hot garbage:
That was the point.
Like fr, why should i write a 2000-words letter to bring up points that the staff members should already now in the first half.

Ive played on zarp for litteral YEARS, and even in times where i wasnt enjoying the time on here, or didnt agree with the past staff members, I still tried to bring up my opinion on how to improve the situation.

And before i forget, the "german trash"... thats me... i would never call someone like that, unless its an obvious joke between me and that person. Which is me in that case, as i said lul.

Thx for everyone thats supporting me,
and hope yall have a great day <3
  • Diacetylmorphin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ???????????????
  • Thanks received: 22
???????????????
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Diacetylmorphin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prince Nyx

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390905

Diacetylmorphin wrote:
Quick note: thx for the support nyx, i really appreciate it.

I understand the critique, and if my playtime on the current zarp surf server is less then it should be i truly understand that point.
On the otherhand, work that ive done in the last weeks for zarp is not only messured by playtime.
E.g. I cleaned up a lot of mess caused by other players on the leaderboard. I have done a lot to improve our future projects and brought up a lot of points how zarp can improve for everyone from beginner to "pro".

That was the point.
Like fr, why should i write a 2000-words letter to bring up points that the staff members should already now in the first half.

Ive played on zarp for litteral YEARS, and even in times where i wasnt enjoying the time on here, or didnt agree with the past staff members, I still tried to bring up my opinion on how to improve the situation.

And before i forget, the "german trash"... thats me... i would never call someone like that, unless its an obvious joke between me and that person. Which is me in that case, as i said lul.

Thx for everyone thats supporting me,
and hope yall have a great day <3

german thrash but still one of the best surfers on here <3
  • Prince Nyx
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Qui doluit meminit
  • Thanks received: 252

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390906

narexa wrote:
Prince Nyx wrote:
narexa wrote:
Prince Nyx wrote:
narexa wrote:
I maybe missing something here but why do you want staff on a server you don't play?

You know exactly what I mean, your past time on the server doesn't matter whatsoever if you aren't actively playing now
I actually missunderstood. However I already stated. Dia is playing a lot on the dev server together with myself. This testing is important for the improvement and the release of the new gamemode. Dia is one of the most pationate ppl on the zarp surf server. Without his help, a lot of the new features which are implemented in the new gamemode, wouldnt have happened. When testing a 100% new gamemode its not done in just playing a few hrs. We've been testing new features and the gamemode over all for months and even more intensely in the last few weeks. Choosing between the help on the dev server and the active staffing on the live server (which he also does), the dev server outweighs by a lot. I hope that this kind of clears things up.

How does he actively staff on live when he has played 24 minutes in the past week? he isn't going to be staffing on the dev server so it's completely irrelevant, obviously it's nice for him to help out with testing but at the end of the day he's applying for a position on live that has nothing to do with helping out on a dev server.
Don't even worry about it bro the dude got accepted for mod by using the admin template and never fixing it after being asked to. clearly the surf server has great standards with zero nepotism. cause if this were to be anyone else on any other server they would be denied
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-ap...tor-dias-application
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390910

i think theres smthn up your ass my dude. Yall be taking this more serious then i do my studies..
This is so lost.
  • Diacetylmorphin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ???????????????
???????????????

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390912

Diacetylmorphin wrote:
i think theres smthn up your ass my dude. Yall be taking this more serious then i do my studies..
This is so lost.
me when I can't do less then the bare minimum and get accepted.

• Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Lewis_is_java.

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390913

Diacetylmorphin wrote:
This is so lost.

What's up with everyone having a problem with being serious?

I love being serious if you didn't tell by now.
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don
  • Thanks received: 214

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390914

ItsDonny wrote:
Diacetylmorphin wrote:
This is so lost.

Yes, you love being serious and that's okay. But not everyone wants to spend his freetime with being serious and basically pretending to work in a company, but for free. It is after all a gaming community. We're not applying for a paid job. The ppl who apply, are volunteers, who want to improve a gamemode they love. It doesn't have to be serious all the time. And especially when it comes to gaming and gamemodes like surf.
  • Prince Nyx
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Qui doluit meminit

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390916

What counts more than any application is the effort a person puts into the gamemode and the community. Dia has proven himself in regards of his love towards surf.
  • Prince Nyx
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Qui doluit meminit

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390917

Prince Nyx wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Diacetylmorphin wrote:
This is so lost.

Yes, you love being serious and that's okay. But not everyone wants to spend his freetime with being serious and basically pretending to work in a company, but for free. It is after all a gaming community. We're not applying for a paid job. The ppl who apply, are volunteers, who want to improve a gamemode they love. It doesn't have to be serious all the time. And especially when it comes to gaming and gamemodes like surf.
This is funny coming from the chronically online zarper who takes getting a fraction of a millisecond faster on a gmod surf map more serious than life itself.
Prince Nyx wrote:
What counts more than any application is the effort a person puts into the gamemode and the community. Dia has proven himself in regards of his love towards surf.
if that were the case the application would reflect that, it's obvious the guy expects a free pass
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390918

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Prince Nyx wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Diacetylmorphin wrote:
This is so lost.

This is funny coming from the chronically online zarper who takes getting a fraction of a millisecond faster on a gmod surf map more serious than life itself.
Prince Nyx wrote:
if that were the case the application would reflect that, it's obvious the guy expects a free pass

He doesnt. And I can assure you that the amount of effort he put into the server more than outweighs his application.
  • Prince Nyx
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Qui doluit meminit

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390919

Honestly Nyx and Dias, if you would be so kind to allow me to bring some light to this, i think i understand where the communication is lost throughout this debate whether or not he is deserving and for what.

I completely understand and respect the focus and dedication by working behind the curtains, however, you can't ask someone in the audience to cast a vote for that person without them actually having something to measure their vote with. Words of assertion by a third party usually mean nothing, especially when there is little to no effort by the person applying to at least convince the community of his good intentions towards moderating the server. That is why, his contribution, as i mentioned already, is greatly appreciated, especially when it is for the greater development of something that will benefit the whole community when it's released, however, this has some, if not full difference from the position he is applying for with such a humorous way.

I can also accept the "not taking this more serious than your studies" statement, always to a certain extent, as this is a community based on garrys mod, however, the reason this IS a community is due to people being serious enough to create terms of use, rules, procedures, meetings, and many more. None of these would exist without such people in those ranks. Not being serious enough is for people not in the ranks.

I never mentioned being robots taking orders and having an army's discipline, but keeping fun and giggles where it belongs, which is definitely not in an application, it would most likely keep the rant to a minimum if not completely gone with some live server's activity
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don
  • Thanks received: 214

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by ItsDonny.

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390939

:plussp:
  • Pie_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lewis Abdul Hajar
  • Thanks received: 656
Teamspeak/Discord Head Administrator
SSRP Head Administrator
Rat Sandwich Enjoyer

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390952

Overqualified for this position :plussp:
  • Perry het vogelbekdier
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Thanks received: 108
Click for my profile!

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390966

Diacetylmorphin wrote:
This is so lost.

Fucking hell mate you might have to take your studies more seriously then, I really don't think anyone actually cares if you get it or not lol
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390967

Prince Nyx wrote:
narexa wrote:
Prince Nyx wrote:
narexa wrote:

Do you ever not waffle?
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2035

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO
The following user(s) said Thank You: God dammit Ross, Adriii, Nogtog

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390978

Then why are you even typing in here Narexa? If you dont care mind your own business please :)
  • Diacetylmorphin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ???????????????
???????????????
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Diacetylmorphin.

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390982

Diacetylmorphin wrote:
Then why are you even typing in here Narexa? If you dont care mind your own business please :)
Because he is a true and devout zarper and cares about equal opportunities for all zarpers pal :zarp: :pray:
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter, narexa, Nogtog

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1390984

Diacetylmorphin wrote:

This guy is deffo Sinz on an alt
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter, Lewis_is_java, Nogtog

[Surf Admin] Dias Application 1 year 9 months ago #1391011

my binoculars spotted a spicy thread but my colleagues narexa and lewis were already here, bless :pray:
Diacetylmorphin wrote:
That was the point.

No one's telling you to write a 2000 word essay but no one is telling you to skip the effort. The whole point of an application is for you to show your knowledge of the server and show that you're able to handle new powers. You not bringing up points because staff members already know it is retarded because that's how you are supposed to apply, by SHOWING these points.

Also like other people said but I'll iterate. I don't see why you should get preferential treatment when it comes to activity when lots of other people either been denied for it or given warnings.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, narexa, Red.
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza, JustGurp
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

228 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf