Give and explain 3 situations in which it would be appropriate to use the ban command:
1. If prior warnings demand it, this means if a person on the server was committing RDM and they are reported via the F1 menu and I deal with the situation, when I check the players rapsheet and they have five (or more) recent warnings, a reasonably timed ban is an adequate punishment for the player.
2. Scamming. A player who commits a scam will be issued a permanent ban, the ban is in place to protect the player on the other end of a coinflip or other gambling activity.
3. Hacking. Due to policy changes the lead team are the only members of staff that can ban hackers as they need to go through the anti-cheat system and analyse the claims, despite this the ban command is still appropriate despite the admin not needing to use it.
Explain in detail the main functions of the F1 menu and how this can be used to help you deal with situations on the server:
The F1 Menu is an incredibly useful tool the staff can use to get basic details for sits and general information
1. Admin requests: Where we see all of the F1's players make it gives us the ability to goto/bring, copy the details of the player who made the F1 including time F1 created, reason for creation Steam ID.
2. Warnings: In the warning tab any staff member can see any warning another staff member makes, it is extremely useful as it shows who was warned, for what and how many recent warns they have, it also let's you take back warnings given by yourself if deemed unnecessary
3. Logging: A place where all of the basic information and the basis of reports comes from, whether be RDM, NLR we can see the basics of it, it helps us make a case for or against the player accused.
4. Active NLR: Like mentioned above it shows all players who recently died and when their NLR ends.
Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation: You witness Player A being verbally abusive towards you through voice/chat whilst you are carrying out your administrative duties.
I simply ask them to stop, as an administrator we have more power, having power means we have to have restraint so asking them to stop is probably the only thing I would do. Now if another player was caught in the crossfire a mute would be in order.
Explain in detail how you would handle the following situation: Player A makes an appeal on a ban that was placed on them permanently for prop spamming, putting great apology and detail into the appeal, admitting to what they did. Explain the process of how you would handle this appeal.
I would contact the staff member who put out the ban to chat with them about it, ask for details how bad was it, how long they were doing it for, was anyone's roleplaying ruined by it and so on, I would check the player's recent warnings to check for prior bans of the same nature, If the player has withstood the ban for a few weeks or months I would be more than happy to either remove the ban completely or put an end date on the ban. I would use one of these to end the appeal.
Why I should be promoted (we recommend a minimum of around 150 words):
I should be promoted as I have experience as a moderator (in the past) having just restarted as a moderator I have quickly remembered the con's of being a moderator, you aren't taken nearly as seriously as an admin, it is also a lot harder to monitor whilst on duty as you cannot cloak or noclip which I think is one of the truly great thing's about being an admit is to watch without being seen.
I would consider myself a very fair player as I try to not be extreme with my punishments and try to find genuine way's around circumstances that may have different consequences if it was another staff member.
I think I'd be a good fit for admin as my past experience and my overall good nature in game.
Thanks for reading
[SSRP ADMINISTRATOR] Dusky's application.
7 months 3 weeks ago #1406049
Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP SSRP! During our weekly staff meeting we reviewed your application, checked your activity and discussed your recent punishments.
We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a staff member.
Before you get started a lead team member will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. Don’t forget that you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something
ZARP SSRP Staff Meeting – Every Saturday 7PM BST
There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Discord server Discord. You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.