Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting a new computer!

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642441

Here in the next month or so I should have a new computer and setup! Right now I'm on a shitty laptop with a 20$ keyboard and 10$ mouse, if that. 30$ monitor as well that my laptop is hooked up to.

Anyways, I thought it was time for a MASSIVE upgrade. The website I'm thinking about using is Ironsidecomputers.com to build my computer.

If you have any suggestions for other sites that would be cheaper or better to use, certain parts (The site is limited, I only have certain parts I can pick with the build) Then please leave them below. Thank you!

This is my current list of things in the build. Also, if you're going to make suggestions, the current price is USD $2,590 and needs to stay below USD $2600. So unless its a replacement of an item listed, doubtful I can get it!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Main Owner of Corrupted Vengeance
  • Thanks received: 172
steamcommunity.com/id/Diabolos2
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Mirx. Reason: Changing price and removing headset.
Login or register to post a reply.

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642460

Computer parts look fine; however, I'd suggest you HyperX Cloud for headset, and Zowie as a mouse. Razer products are always overpriced, and they aren't that efficient to use. Also, Logitech headsets are a meme.
  • Progr4mm3r
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Happy Little Roses
  • Thanks received: 58

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642476

Progr4mm3r wrote:
Computer parts look fine; however, I'd suggest you HyperX Cloud for headset, and Zowie as a mouse. Razer products are always overpriced, and they aren't that efficient to use. Also, Logitech headsets are a meme.

For the headset, done! However, I've done some research and decided I like the razer mouse more :)
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642480

Progr4mm3r wrote:

Peripherals are just personal opinion, I personally hate razer and just seem them as Overpriced Plastic.

Headset is also opinion based, for my i like my Corsair 1500 headset, while others like Logitech, etc
Mouse wise Logitech MX Masters still are one of the best rated mouse.

BTW liquid cooling doesn't give much benefits, and can be louder than standard aircooling.
With proper management on air cooling, you can get better and cooler results than Water cooling, as well as a quieter system.
WaterCooling, also adds more parts to fail within a system.

Also personally i would say that site is a little expensive for certain things
  • Anon_Gaming
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • #BritishCrumpet
  • Thanks received: 580

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642487

Also personally i would say that site is a little expensive for certain things

As for that, you do have to look at the things they do for free and they do in fact assemble and make sure everything is working before shipping it off.
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642508

Internal Lighting - Ironside RGB LED Strip
Mouse - Death Adder Elite [RGB]
Operating System - Windows 10 64 Bit
Networking - Internal Wireless N 150Mbps
Case - Nemesis Case - Black Tempered Glass [Exterior Multi-Color LED]

The things above that I have listed can be removed and switched out for something more useful. You don't need no Internal Lighting and its just for looks so when money is a issue you should really priorities what you want vs what you need. The mouse is expensive AF for crap you can get a good mouse for 60/80 bucks online. You don't need to have them install windows 10 because while you have your laptop you can get it yourself and then contact Microsoft with your product key and let them know your switching Hardware and they will fix your product key and then all you need to do is put windows 10 on a usb drive and install it on your new pc when you get it and log in with your account. The network card that you have selected might not even work on your router so I would check but even at that you only need a normal 300bs one if your not streaming.
The case well I haven't even looked at but I'm sure there is other choices that are not ''Fancy'' and will save you a couple bucks.

I'm not sure about '' Monitor - Dual Acer 23 1080P HD Monitors '' does that mean you got two of them? because you don't need two at all one will do fine. So if you did get two put one back and then upgrade your motherboard to the Hero and get some faster ram.

You also shouldn't buy from that website if your not financing your PC you and your parents could easily build the PC yourselves for much cheaper and still have it working. I know it seems like a task and a half but its not really its pretty simple and for the things your not sure about they have plenty of instructions on the internet about how to do it and you can also watch YouTube videos but of course that part is up to you and how much you really want to spend on the pc itself.

Good luck man.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by RedPowder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legendary Soldier, xInsaneSamurai

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642511

Holy shit that looks fucking awesome, you can probably run that baby at max for another 5-6 yeard
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard
  • Thanks received: 1318

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642515

RedPowder wrote:
Internal Lighting - Ironside RGB LED Strip
Mouse - Death Adder Elite [RGB]
Operating System - Windows 10 64 Bit
Networking - Internal Wireless N 150Mbps
Case - Nemesis Case - Black Tempered Glass [Exterior Multi-Color LED]

The things above that I have listed can be removed and switched out for something more useful. You don't need no Internal Lighting and its just for looks so when money is a issue you should really priorities what you want vs what you need. The mouse is expensive AF for crap you can get a good mouse for 60/80 bucks online. You don't need to have them install windows 10 because while you have your laptop you can get it yourself and then contact Microsoft with your product key and let them know your switching Hardware and they will fix your product key and then all you need to do is put windows 10 on a usb drive and install it on your new pc when you get it and log in with your account. The network card that you have selected might not even work on your router so I would check but even at that you only need a normal 300bs one if your not streaming.
The case well I haven't even looked at but I'm sure there is other choices that are not ''Fancy'' and will save you a couple bucks.

I'm not sure about '' Monitor - Dual Acer 23 1080P HD Monitors '' does that mean you got two of them? because you don't need two at all one will do fine. So if you did get two put one back and then upgrade your motherboard to the Hero and get some faster ram.

You also shouldn't buy from that website if your not financing your PC you and your parents could easily build the PC yourselves for much cheaper and still have it working. I know it seems like a task and a half but its not really its pretty simple and for the things your not sure about they have plenty of instructions on the internet about how to do it and you can also watch YouTube videos but of course that part is up to you and how much you really want to spend on the pc itself.

Good luck man.

Thanks for the constructive response! As for the mouse, convenience is at a large play here. I like the mouse myself and have used it before in real life, I am keeping that in there. Operating system, my grandpa who is the one paying for half of the build wants to play it safe and buy the operating system so theres no issues down the road. The case is only 19$ more than the cheapest option, and I'd rather it look nice. The networking doesn't particularly matter, I need it to have wifi, but I'm going to be using on-board ethernet when at home. Also, I >>WILL<< be streaming. Two monitors are needed as I will be streaming and have OCD so I can't split windows on one screen. Again, thank you for the awesome reply!
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Mirx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642518

el une spodermun wrote:
Holy shit that looks fucking awesome, you can probably run that baby at max for another 5-6 years

That's the plan!
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642551

Dang dude, took me a few years to get my build and it was only $800
  • Diet Water
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 747
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Diet Water.

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642560

Diet Water wrote:
Dang dude, took me a few years to get my build and it was only $800

My grandpa is pretty wealthy... I am paying for half though, I'm well off myself.
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642565

Hoodie is missing hmmmm
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642570

for 2,6k i will make u computer thath can run everything even gta 20 add me on steam steamcommunity.com/id/troublemakerr/
  • troublemakerrrrrr
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lenny’s
  • Thanks received: 130

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642610

troublemakerrr wrote:
for 2,6k i will make u computer thath can run everything even gta 20 add me on steam steamcommunity.com/id/troublemakerr/

The difference is I also need the keyboard, mouse, mintors, mouse pad, etc.
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642613

Progr4mm3r wrote:

i've had my razer orochi for 4 years now and the only problem i've had with it is that at one point it started disconnecting, but that was fixed by updating drivers through razer synapse. i dont get all the hate on razer
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642614

FTPxPlague wrote:
Progr4mm3r wrote:

i've had my razer orochi for 4 years now and the only problem i've had with it is that at one point it started disconnecting, but that was fixed by updating drivers through razer synapse. i dont get all the hate on razer
You can get same quality for lower price
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642801

Therapist wrote:
FTPxPlague wrote:
Progr4mm3r wrote:

You can get same quality for lower price

Not looks and cool-factor lel

If its gonna last 4 years, I'd rather pay a few extra books to look badass while I'm at it
  • Mirx
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642906

-support not enough LED
  • Zax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 98

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642984

A new computer won't make you any better than you already are ;)
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

Getting a new computer! 6 years 9 months ago #642986

Are you rich wtf
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799