Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New server?

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412659

Alright everyone. So by what EMP announced the Deathrun 2 server is going to close by immediate effect. He also stated that if you had suggestions for a new server now would be a good time, as that would open up a server spot.

I myself might be creative, but in case they will need ideas, it could happen that one of you had a viable idea that could be used.

If maybe we could go together to create some powerful ideas with either existing concept new features, or a completely new concept and new features. I know this would require devlopment anyhow, but if we combine existing concepts I believe it will be easier to create.

We can also move the other way around and breakdown concepts to get a visualization on how to create a new concept that would be easy to make adaptable within gmod.

An example is TTT. TTT is based on a game that is 'role'played in real life, however it also has its own features. The whole gamemode can seem simple but is rather complex. This gamemode holds 3 entities that adds to the gameplay. 3 is reasonable and easy to learn. There is a traitor, which is amongst the civillians, and a detective some tries to figure out who the traitor is. The gameplay and so on includes several features, but not so many that it makes it complex to play. It is easy and fun.

If we took TTT and implemented it in another gamemode. Could be BuildRP. Then we could make a new concept with equal features. Yes maybe this is dumb but it is all thereotical. Anyhow any concept you can make that 'sounds' reasonable, I am willing to compile into a concept that could be used.

In case no ideas happen to surface, well at least I made a try. Any concepts that holds a sense of possibility I will try to run alone on my demo server. I am no developer and therefore can only run mishmash... Hope we can get some ideas, maybe something awesome will come of it.

Use whatever form/template to describe best.

(I do not stand to guarantee anything like a new server or anything alike. I do not guarantee that any ideas will ever be used, but the idea generation is still fun and could be of help in many ways. Please try to restrain yourselves inside sanity and reason)

:b hope we can make some good ideas surface.
Also hope this can be a good discussion.
(Note: Also congratulations to Biwx V)
  • Lux
  • Junior Boarder
  • SSRP Senior
  • Thanks received: 18
I do my best to remain neutral, and I support all positives to the community.
:neutralsp:
Login or register to post a reply.

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412670

Lux wrote:
Alright everyone. So by what EMP announced the Deathrun 2 server is going to close by immediate effect. He also stated that if you had suggestions for a new server now would be a good time, as that would open up a server spot.

I myself might be creative, but in case they will need ideas, it could happen that one of you had a viable idea that could be used.

If maybe we could go together to create some powerful ideas with either existing concept new features, or a completely new concept and new features. I know this would require devlopment anyhow, but if we combine existing concepts I believe it will be easier to create.

We can also move the other way around and breakdown concepts to get a visualization on how to create a new concept that would be easy to make adaptable within gmod.

An example is TTT. TTT is based on a game that is 'role'played in real life, however it also has its own features. The whole gamemode can seem simple but is rather complex. This gamemode holds 3 entities that adds to the gameplay. 3 is reasonable and easy to learn. There is a traitor, which is amongst the civillians, and a detective some tries to figure out who the traitor is. The gameplay and so on includes several features, but not so many that it makes it complex to play. It is easy and fun.

If we took TTT and implemented it in another gamemode. Could be BuildRP. Then we could make a new concept with equal features. Yes maybe this is dumb but it is all thereotical. Anyhow any concept you can make that 'sounds' reasonable, I am willing to compile into a concept that could be used.

In case no ideas happen to surface, well at least I made a try. Any concepts that holds a sense of possibility I will try to run alone on my demo server. I am no developer and therefore can only run mishmash... Hope we can get some ideas, maybe something awesome will come of it.

Use whatever form/template to describe best.

(I do not stand to guarantee anything like a new server or anything alike. I do not guarantee that any ideas will ever be used, but the idea generation is still fun and could be of help in many ways. Please try to restrain yourselves inside sanity and reason)

:b hope we can make some good ideas surface.
Also hope this can be a good discussion.
(Note: Also congratulations to Biwx V)

I quickly scammed through your paragraph, If I'm correct you are implying we kinda of merge 2 gamemodes, or at-least features withing the gamemodes to create some other gamemode?

The Problem is that is kinda more complex then it sounds, Since if you are making a server or a premade gamemode everything you may add is compatible by default to that gamemode (since darkp / ttt are popular etc) But if you are making a gamemode, you most likely will have to do it from scratch even it you are merging features.

I don't know much about developing, I made a custom RP server once with a medieval setting, It wasen't really a merge but a normal themed RP server, But it sounds good, would love to hear the devs opinion of this.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412671

I am currently making a gamemode and it's taken 7 months already but it's nearly finished depending what the gamemode is it does take a long time.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412672

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
I am currently making a gamemode and it's taken 7 months already but it's nearly finished depending what the gamemode is it does take a long time.

PERP pls
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimeForPug

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412674

KapiJam wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

PERP pls
You will have to wait and see won't you
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412675

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
KapiJam wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

PERP pls
You will have to wait and see won't you

Deadmonstor, Whatever it is man, I'll be happy <3
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412682

In that way you are kind of right, but an old concept with new features, like taking DarkRP and making it into different stuff has happened alot lately, and therefore it is possible.

I myself have only coded minor gamemodes and therefore can only do basics, merging two gamemodes are hard. But no one says it is hard to run them both at the same time. It just needs manipulating their end games. It can be hard depending on complex coding, but in most cases it usually isn't... Anyhow, we can always come with ideas and see how it goes :b
  • Lux
  • Junior Boarder
  • SSRP Senior

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412760

If you have a suggestion you are free to suggest it in the server suggestions section , I am not taking this as a suggestion so I will leave it where it is but if this is a suggestion then please user the template and post ask for it to be moved.

I have an Idea but ....
  • Luan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex- Surf Owner
  • Thanks received: 488

EX- TS3 Staff
EX- SSRP Head Admin

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412761

Luan wrote:
If you have a suggestion you are free to suggest it in the server suggestions section , I am not taking this as a suggestion so I will leave it where it is but if this is a suggestion then please user the template and post ask for it to be moved.

I have an Idea but ....

If you have an idea please share. Could be something great. :)
  • Lux
  • Junior Boarder
  • SSRP Senior

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412879

Luan wrote:

I have an Idea but ....

surf kappa,
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412883

KapiJam wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

PERP pls

^-^

If you actually get the bugged main gamemode to be a fun and playable gamemode (Needs a lot of fixing), I will have tons of respect for you and the people involved in this project. I love PERP.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by TheAp4ch3.

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412914

I didn't read the post but I see the title says 'New Server' so before anyone wastes their time in to coming up with an idea read the following.

We don't want to hear your ideas if you have no idea how your going to make it happen, You will get the best answers out of us if you present us with a powerpoint or some kind of information on what your doing and how your going to do it. We have already had way to many failed attempts at people 'Trying' to make game modes work so unless you have started making it and can code the rest of it ( EMP / Chute will help with minor stuff ) then we don't want to hear about it. No we don't want another version of SSRP!
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412921

:support: SSRP Asia server :support:

I am playing with 300 pings and 300 fps atm lmao
  • Ducky_Bom
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #412952

How about we bring back PropHunt but in a new way and with new features that attracts players? :D
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Roy Harper.

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #413142

Just like RedPowder said buddy, Get a Powerpoint and show it to the owners. Personally I don't want to see another server as I think we need to maintain the servers we have now however I'm always open to look at new ideas and step out my comfort zone.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #413174

RedPowder wrote:
I didn't read the post but I see the title says 'New Server' so before anyone wastes their time in to coming up with an idea read the following.

We don't want to hear your ideas if you have no idea how your going to make it happen, You will get the best answers out of us if you present us with a powerpoint or some kind of information on what your doing and how your going to do it. We have already had way to many failed attempts at people 'Trying' to make game modes work so unless you have started making it and can code the rest of it ( EMP / Chute will help with minor stuff ) then we don't want to hear about it. No we don't want another version of SSRP!

I think this thread have been misunderstood. I made this thread so if people had any idea I with compile it and render it into a viable/plausible idea. And also represent it in example PP or Pdf.

I am not trying to make a new gamemode. But the whole idea thinking is better when done modelled by multiple people instead of one. Gamemodes can take up to a year to code, and therefore is not plausible to start doing now. I was looking for ideas to represent that could easily be customozed and be easy for people to be accustomed with.
  • Lux
  • Junior Boarder
  • SSRP Senior

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #413176

Maybe a Zombie Survival server ?
I LOVE these gamemodes
  • bortchy
  • Senior Boarder
  • cool
  • Thanks received: 32

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #413178

Chaotic wrote:
Maybe a Zombie Survival server ?
I LOVE these gamemodes

That is nice. I myself with a friend hosted Sledbuild and stranded servers, people really like doing something slack. Especially stranded fully customozed was very welcomed by new players.
  • Lux
  • Junior Boarder
  • SSRP Senior

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #413183

why make another gmod server? It's a shitty engine and just laggy af
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

New server? 7 years 6 months ago #413220

Aspect wrote:
why make another gmod server? It's a shitty engine and just laggy af

Because they happen to have an unused server currently either waiting for next invoice to have it canceled, or to come up with a better idea. I don't think they will keep up a server like this when they already (supposedly) have servers for testing stuff etc.

It's just luggage on a long travel, it will draw on the expenses with no, honestly, reason to exist. If somehow they were able to find meaning in keeping the server and also add to the community, it could become beneficial to the community as a whole. Or so is my opinion.

I am as much in the dark as everyone else, or well not in the dark literrally, but all I base my opinion is pretty much just thoughts. So therefore I thought why not try to find something that we can do with the server. Seems like most people misunderstood though, most likely not everyone read the whole post.

The engine is not as laggy as one would think though, I've seen worse.
  • Lux
  • Junior Boarder
  • SSRP Senior
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

300 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop