Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED]

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356506

So, I've been seeing alot of posts saying we should have new servers in new gamemodes like PERP, ZombieRP etc etc

And I think some people may be missing the reality of having a server, Yes Zarp has proven in the past that they can offer hosting to multiple servers, But this doesn't come without nothing. Servers don't run themselves and if you've caught on all these new servers require someone to actually operate them and provide them with new content regularly. You see the Zarp Owners are doing this part time, you may not see it but Zarp is the sideline for most of them and outside Zarp they are involved in proper Jobs, they are already busy with the servers they have to update regularly, so don't expect them to open up servers with no help

Give the devs a break and offer up some help. Want a new server? Put time into learning how to operate a server like the Devs had to.
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148
Login or register to post a reply.

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356509

It's easy to make a server, you just need motivation and to know that it will bring in players.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356511

Aspect wrote:
It's easy to make a server, you just need motivation and to know that it will bring in players.

Of course, people need to stop bitching about it and do something themselves
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356514

The simple reality is we the players have no obligation to assist the people who have been entrusted with running the servers. We don't want to. We want to enjoy the game modes promised to use by people who think they can run a server when in reality they are starved of time or resources. It's no wonder people are voicing their disappointment when the excitement of a new server is so great and then to be met with such a sub par product.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356534

We had PERP ages ago It never finished BETA stages as there was problems with the devs

A couple of months later It Reached BETA stages but again it never came out.

Again, its all a matter of motivation and actually being dedicated to the gamemode
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356552

There are only 2 main perp servers. 1 one of them can easily be overtaken, and if its good enough players form the main perp server could try it out and hopefully play ... I would recommend someone to join the community of theirs or just read the problems that the main server is having which we could fix on the ZARP server
  • Want
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • L4GY
  • Thanks received: 238

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356558

Want Francisco wrote:
There are only 2 main perp servers. 1 one of them can easily be overtaken, and if its good enough players form the main perp server could try it out and hopefully play ... I would recommend someone to join the community of theirs or just read the problems that the main server is having which we could fix on the ZARP server

You realize how hard maintaining a good PERP server is. You need extremely dedicated and mature staff to not break the extremely heavy RP and a mature playerbase. The standards are so high I don't think ZARP can match it.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

A Random Rant [ZARP RELATED] 7 years 9 months ago #356560

In my honest opinion we need to work on creating great content for our current servers and stop making servers. A server isn't anything without great content and players, the servers need to stop being opened up for now until we improve the content and increase average players counts across TTT, BHOP, SSRP, etc. Quality over quantity applies to this in my honest opinion, wait until we have an above average player count across all servers and get more members into our community before we continue expanding into other games or gamemodes.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Want
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

291 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127