Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Keypadcracking...

Keypadcracking... 11 years 2 months ago #6454

2 fading doors in a row is legal. You are allowed to force the player to keypadcrack. As far as I know?
  • SirWilly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Superadmin before you were born
  • Thanks received: 9
Login or register to post a reply.

Keypadcracking... 11 years 2 months ago #6455

taddyxD wrote:
What do i do if i only want raiders to keypadcrack my fading doors instead of them lockpick them?

I want this beacuse people can just lockpick my doors in like 10 sec. And if they are V.I.P they can be masterthief and that goes much faster. What should i do.

My last idea with 2 fading doors in a row was really good but then it came an admin and removed them and sad that this is not legal even if i have been seen other people doing this.

Personally I think 2 fading doors in a row is unrealistic and failRP. Basically it takes advantage of the 4 second fading door rule making it impossible to lockpick your door as intended. This puts a player who doesn't have a keypad cracker go a greater disadvantages and forces him to spend money on it as well. It's pretty much powergaming to put two doors up. You are forcing a method of security that isn't meant to be used.

I can see where the admin is coming from deleting your entrance. However it may not be strictly noted in the rules, it does influence RP.

Opinions may differ though, that's why some admins approve and some don't. I've said it before and I will again: They need to make it written rules and not just act by what they think is right. Every admin has different thoughts and it is confusing as F.

From the rules:
•Entrances should fit at least 2 people, for each fading door.

Meaning your two fading doors have to be away from eachother as far as 2 players. You can't row them.
  • Scottie

Keypadcracking... 11 years 2 months ago #6463

I just don't see why they don't remove the keypad cracker, if it shouldn't be allowed to double prop each door. The keypadcracker is only used by people who doesn't know they can use the much faster and more silent lockpick. Doesn't make much sence. Also if I recall correctly the lockpicks are cheaper for thieves to buy as well.
I think these facts weigh alot more than failRP does. But i agree with Scottie in that Agentlulz or Zart should definately state it more precisely in the rules.
  • SimonBright
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2

Keypadcracking... 11 years 2 months ago #6468

SimonBright wrote:
I just don't see why they don't remove the keypad cracker, if it shouldn't be allowed to double prop each door. The keypadcracker is only used by people who doesn't know they can use the much faster and more silent lockpick. Doesn't make much sence. Also if I recall correctly the lockpicks are cheaper for thieves to buy as well.
I think these facts weigh alot more than failRP does. But i agree with Scottie in that Agentlulz or Zart should definately state it more precisely in the rules.

I agree. And I'm not saying it is 'fair' either way. But then again IRL your doors don't fade back in before you can lockpick the second, stucking you and then forcing you to keypad crack. If you allow this type of basing, next thing that'll happen: People putting boxes around their cars that you have to 'keypad crack' or else you wont be able to lockpick a car. It's a blown up version of the keypad crack forcing, it's dumb.
  • Scottie
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

189 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32