Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So, since when did we punish people because Steam?

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337588

Look, this is not targeting anyone, but it's a bit of a rant about something I find incredibly silly.
People in this community being punished on the servers/forums for things over Steam.
Since when?
People should not be punished for things on Steam, because it's OUTSIDE OF THE SERVERS.
Steam doesn't share the servers rules.
Steam's rules aren't shared with the server.
There should be no bloody rules for what you say on Steam, other the ones Valve set themselves.
The server rules shouldn't be enforced on Steam?
If you get into a bloody argument with someone on Steam, don't take it out on people on ZARP.
Only thing that people should be punished for inside the servers/forums for something outside of the server is DDoSing members of the community/the website, or things similar to that.
Rant over, don't start a massive flame war in the replies. Be civil. I might've failed at doing that myself in this rant, so I'm sorry if I did.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Login or register to post a reply.

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337594

It really depends on the situation and what the history between said players are, if it's brought into ZARP or is just being used as a median to disrespect or harass other community members so they don't get banned, that's where an issues lies.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337599

It basically depends who you say it to.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, constructive posts

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337602

constructive posts wrote:
OG meme machine wrote:
Look, this is not targeting anyone, but it's a bit of a rant about something I find incredibly silly.
People in this community being punished on the servers/forums for things over Steam.
Since when?
People should not be punished for things on Steam, because it's OUTSIDE OF THE SERVERS.
Steam doesn't share the servers rules.
Steam's rules aren't shared with the server.
There should be no bloody rules for what you say on Steam, other the ones Valve set themselves.
The server rules shouldn't be enforced on Steam?
If you get into a bloody argument with someone on Steam, don't take it out on people on ZARP.
Only thing that people should be punished for inside the servers/forums for something outside of the server is DDoSing members of the community/the website, or things similar to that.
Rant over, don't start a massive flame war in the replies. Be civil. I might've failed at doing that myself in this rant, so I'm sorry if I did.

Personally, I would understand if someone was punished because of racism / homophobia outside of the server, especially if it was directed towards a staff.
I can see it for it being extreme, but I'm talking about silly arguments and stuff.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337603

Hugh won't get banned for having an argument over steam. You'll get banned for being rude, disrespectful, racist, among other things. People need to learn to be more respectful towards each other. The only reason they know that these people exist is because of Zarp.

Every situation is different.
  • Tettra
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • The original Good Boy™️
  • Thanks received: 930
I'm an ex at a lot of things:
Global Moderator
SSRP Admin (I was SuperAdmin for 10 seconds as a mistake)
Minigames Owner
Teamspeak Staff
Minecraft Mod (lol)
Deathrun Mod

I used to go by Fennster4 but now I’m cooler

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337616

Fennster4 wrote:
Hugh won't get banned for having an argument over steam. You'll get banned for being rude, disrespectful, racist, among other things. People need to learn to be more respectful towards each other. The only reason they know that these people exist is because of Zarp.

Oh wow look at this:

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/report-ab...s-ban-request#284037

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by exrobite.

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337621

ExroOATS wrote:
Fennster4 wrote:

Oh wow look at this:

You fucked up Fenn
  • JokerMan
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ayyyyyyy
  • Thanks received: 279

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337622

ExroOATS wrote:
Fennster4 wrote:

Oh wow look at this:

God Exro, don't bring that up, I hate myself for that :/
  • nada
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Phoenix, AZ.
  • Thanks received: 278

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337623

Don't worry the image on the main thread doesn't work anymore :whistle:
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337627

It seems at this point everyone is just trying to argue a valid point against the wrong people, the lesson to learn is that when it comes to speaking to the owners, weather your disrespecting on zarp or not, you'll be banned. I don't really think they need to regard the rules, as they can just change them to suit the needs of your ban.
  • Sonzy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Sonzy.

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337628

itzsonzy wrote:
It seems at this point everyone is just trying to argue a valid point against the wrong people, the lesson to learn is that when it comes to speaking to the owners, weather your disrespecting on zarp or not, you'll be banned. I don't really think they need to regard the rules, as they can just change them to suit the needs of your ban.

Give up early, towards Pingu it's a simple waste of you're time. If you want it sorted, the worst thing to do is get people to cry about it on the forums.
and...
where in this post did i mention Pingu?
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337629

OG meme machine wrote:
itzsonzy wrote:

Give up early, towards Pingu it's a simple waste of you're time. If you want it sorted, the worst thing to do is get people to cry about it on the forums.
and...

Edited, punched it out and realized it was the wrong topic.

If your buddy is going to tell people to kill themselves, then he should consider when and where to place it, as i am pretty sure telling that to anyone in this community that is lead team on any server will just land you in a situation like his.

The moral of the story is to only chat shit to people who are not willing to accept that things are not meant to be taken 100% seriously a lot of the time.
  • Sonzy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 570

Ex-Deathrun Moderator
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Minigames Moderator

"Perp advertiser"
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Studio Banter. Reason: tou

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337631

when and where to place it, as i am pretty sure telling that to anyone in this community that is lead team on any server will just land you in a situation like his.

Except Stratiic he's a pretty chill guy. He'd probably just say it right back to you :woohoo:
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337632

Honestly, I've done sooooooooo much worse, but I'm not community banned. I'm not asking for one, I'm just pointing out. That when judging a punishment, refer to others.
  • nada
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Phoenix, AZ.
  • Thanks received: 278
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Studio Banter.

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337633

itzsonzy wrote:
OG meme machine wrote:
itzsonzy wrote:

and...

And about you're previous post just now, if your "gripe" beaver is going to tell people to kill themselves, then he should consider when and where to place it, as i am pretty sure telling that to anyone in this community that is lead team on any server will just land you in a situation like his.

The moral of the story is to only chat shit to people who are not willing to accept that things are not meant to be taken 100% seriously a lot of the time.
beaver didn't say it to a lead team member though, also the "victim" had his fair share of wrongdoings, so if beaver was punished, the victim should've been punished for what he did. yes, what the victim did wasn't as severe, so a community ban wouldn't've been needed, but something was needed. if you're going punish one person in an argument for their wrongdoings, you need to punish the other for their wrongdoings too.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337634

OG meme machine wrote:
itzsonzy wrote:
OG meme machine wrote:
itzsonzy wrote:

and...

And about you're previous post just now, if your "gripe" beaver is going to tell people to kill themselves, then he should consider when and where to place it, as i am pretty sure telling that to anyone in this community that is lead team on any server will just land you in a situation like his.

beaver didn't say it to a lead team member though, also the "victim" had his fair share of wrongdoings, so if beaver was punished, the victim should've been punished for what he did. yes, what the victim did wasn't as severe, so a community ban wouldn't've been needed, but something was needed. if you're going punish one person in an argument for their wrongdoings, you need to punish the other for their wrongdoings too.
To be frank they don't have to do anything because they're the owners
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337637

Lewis_is_java wrote:
OG meme machine wrote:
-snip-
that is true but I personally think that people should be treated fairly, and I'm sure the owners can agree that people should be punished in accordance with their wrongdoings in the same manner as everyone else who has done the same
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337638

OG meme machine wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
OG meme machine wrote:
-snip-
that is true but I personally think that people should be treated fairly, and I'm sure the owners can agree that people should be punished in accordance with their wrongdoings in the same manner as everyone else who has done the same
Overall lately beaver was acting like a chump and I'm sure it was than telling someone to kill himself that got him banned
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337640

OG meme machine wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
OG meme machine wrote:
-snip-

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

So, since when did we punish people because Steam? 7 years 10 months ago #337643

itzsonzy wrote:

I don't like being categorized with the rest of the lead teams, sure you can call me lead team but I think you'll find that my attitude is drastically different to any other lead team member. As Exro said, you could say anything to me outside of the community and I will not punish you in ZARP, do you know why? because I think it's hilarious, and I prefer to argue with them or something because I'm a cunt, same goes for inside of ZARP, if you disrespect me or something I'll either give it back in or out of the server - something I should probably change but that's not the point.

My point is - not all lead team members follow the same corrupt stereotype, I don't follow the stereotype in my opinion and if you think I'm corrupt, so be it, add me on steam we'll have a chat ;)
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

271 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun