Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to add images like paragraph separators?

How to add images like paragraph separators? 8 years 6 months ago #221638

[SS] MrFluffy

Link To Page

Steam ID
STEAM_0:1:94779265

Languages
English, Dutch, French

Server 1
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Server 2

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Estimated Time
4000 minutes

Random Death Match
RDM

Random Death Match, RDM, is when a player is killed for by another for no Role Play Related reason.

Example 1 -
Ben has just had a bad day at school so he come online to play some SSRP when he gets on he can't become a miner. He's really not happy about this. He decides to go to mines and randomly kill the miners most probably AFK. This is RDM because there was no reason to kill them.

Example 2 -
Ben's friend has come on and does not know any of the rules. He has $5000 when he joins so he decides to go and buy some snipers from a near by shop. He equips the sniper and starts to randomly shoot people but cannot be found as he is hiding.

How would I deal with this? -
1st of all I would start at the area where the RDM'ing has been taken place. I will look in the console and see to find any suspicions of mass RDM. When I have found the guy and have been provided with the evidence I will teleport to him and give him a /warn to resemble not to do it again. If he dues to carry on I will warn him once and tell him to follow the rules. A contact with a higher rank would come to this cation too.

New Life Rule
NLR

New Life Rule also known as NRL is when you die you forget about your past position. The NRL timer means that you cannot return to that position until the timer is up (3 minutes). This also includes that you should forget your killer and how you died unless it was a RDM cause.

Example 1 -
Bob is about to raid a base lets say SM (Love you really SM) He walks into the base seeing a wall of printers. As he is taking the money from all the printers an SM gang member comes along and kills him. Bob now knows everything. He decides to go back not even bothering to wait for the NRL time to go out. Now he remembers where the printers are and he's going to head straight for them. When he gets into the base he assassinates the member who killed him and carries on collecting the money from the printers.

Example 2 -
SM are not happy about Bob raiding them so they all head back to the base and kill him. They're also bypassing the NRL timer so they are also in the wrong (Shame on you SM). They all know they broke NRL now so I would come along and deal with it.

How would I deal NLR? -
1st I would teleport to the player who NLR'ed and freeze them into place so I could get their full name. Once this has been accomplished I will give them a /warn to symbolize that they should not break NLR again. If they due to carry on again I will report with another warning and contact a higher rank of authority to come and get it dealt with further punishments.

Metagaming

Metagaming is when a player is talking about a role play situation is OOC.

Example 1 -
Robin has just joined the server and wants to base with Plankton :3 Robin doesn't know where plankton is so instead of using the command /pm he chats over /OOC to plankton saying where the base is. Plankton reply's with the exact coordination of the base over /OOC. This is role play over OOC but it could also get them raided is SM felt like they were on a raiding day <3

Example 2 -
Billy has encountered a raid at bank. He walks in and tries to raid/kill too. As he is doing this Billy is killed. In OOC chat billy says there is a raid at bank and he needs help. This is meta gaming and it can lead to a warn/mute as it it taking away people positions in role play.

Explain how you would handle the following situation -
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

1st of all this would be very difficult for a new staff member because you would need to find all the evidence you can get unless you eye witnessed it you would warn the player you saw do it. But for some of these propaganda's, how do we know that player X was raiding or getting raided. This will have to come to finding evidence from both of the players and then going in the console for previous kills by the two. Once I have found the player who actually RDM'ed I will act calm and warn them and carry on moderating.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

I couldn't really make a judgment on this because it's only a few lines apart. I don't know the console but I suppose it shows the times and that is what you would need to rely on. If the times are under 3 minutes they have broke NLR. I would ask for some evidence from the players if possible so they can hold a strong statement.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

I would say over OOC or /PM to the player x not to meta game and if they need help by a request that they should use /Pm than speaking globally. If they due to carry on I would teleport to player x and freeze him and give him a verbal warn for metagaming and say it's his last chance. If he still does carry on I would give him a full /warn for metagaming.

Why Me? -
I would love to become a moderator for your server of SSRP. It always catches my interest and I want to try something new. With my administrator skills on DeathRun I know most of the commands and I can be trusted by the Zarp Community. Catching rule breakers is my kind of thing and I love to do it because I can deal with situations efficiently and not take anything in the wrong way. Being a staff member on your servers would give me a big boost of confidence and I always love to help the community out as much as possible! I am a very active member of SSRP and normally on for around 3-5 hours a day. I am friendly to everyone and would always treat every one the same. Yes I do know I have previous warns but I can tell you. I have changed and I always follow the rules and try to keep the SSRP server under peace even though I'm not staff. Thank you for reading my Application

• Jamie Lawrence
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Name Changed From MrFluffy
  • Thanks received: 250
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Jamie Lawrence.
Login or register to post a reply.

How to add images like paragraph separators? 8 years 6 months ago #221639

Make sure you download small, thin, .png images.
  • stratiic
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • spitting in your mum's twat
  • Thanks received: 1452

How to add images like paragraph separators? 8 years 6 months ago #221640

Copy the image URL and put it in the following BBCode;
[img]http://[/img]

OR;
[img size=500]http://[/img]

Put in the size you want in the second BBCode.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Studio Banter.

How to add images like paragraph separators? 8 years 6 months ago #221641

[img]http://menopausemoxie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/divider_scroll.jpg[/img]
  • Geralt
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Deathrun Administrator
  • Thanks received: 50

How to add images like paragraph separators? 8 years 6 months ago #221642

Alright, Thank you guys soo much for the help. You're the best!
  • Jamie Lawrence
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Name Changed From MrFluffy
  • Thanks received: 250
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Jamie Lawrence.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

174 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf