Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is this keyboard worth the money?

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211510

Hey guys!

So there is a shop that is broke and they are selling their stuff for cheap prices. One of those products is the Corsair Strafe Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Cherry MX red switches. They will sell it to me for around 75 euro, and the normal price in the Netherlands is 120 euro. Is this keyboard worth the money?
Product on the corsair site
  • Scarko
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gr8 b8 m8
  • Thanks received: 85
add me on steam! | Youtube |
http://i.imgur.com/YHTqTfD.png[/center]
Login or register to post a reply.

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211512

That's a good offer considering it originally costs 120 euro.
But it's a frickin' keyboard man.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nutzu3650XL

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211514

I have the Corsair K70 RGB with brown Cherry MX switches and that is about 180 euro, but i just bought it because of the colors ^^ The Corsair K70 without RGB is about 130 euro. I really like it, the best keyboard i have ever had, and i can definitely recommend it.
  • Polsee
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pedo
  • Thanks received: 441

Ex-Deathrun Server Owner
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Deathrun Section Moderator

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211522

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
No
are youu just shitposting or are you serious? Because if your serious i want to know why not
  • Scarko
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Gr8 b8 m8
  • Thanks received: 85
add me on steam! | Youtube |
http://i.imgur.com/YHTqTfD.png[/center]

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211527

Scarko wrote:
Nutzu3650XL wrote:
No
are youu just shitposting or are you serious? Because if your serious i want to know why not
As walrus said, it's a keyboard man..
I use a generic keyboard and a 20 euro gaming mouse. Gaming equipment can definitely help, but the difference is not that massive. I remember seeing this video a while back (below), you should definitely watch it. The choice is ofcourse yours, but you should spend money on what's important. If you play games a lot, the comfort could help, but if you don't play that long sessions, you should save your money for something else.
  • p0rtalsh0oter
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm back I guess.
  • Thanks received: 119
Ex TTT Head Admin, then Admin again. Now I've disappeared. Add me on Steam if you like.

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211540

It doesn't exactly offer you an edge but if you want it then buy it? I personally wouldn't waste so much money on a keyboard, i'd rather buy clothes. But if you use it everyday and enjoy using it then buy it.
  • Eggism
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 22
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nutzu3650XL, Walter HWITE

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211557

i use the sharkoon skiller pro and its a very nice keyboard and its alot cheaper
  • Sophia
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'll always be the last one standing
  • Thanks received: 775

if a person who plays the piano is called a pianist why isn't a racer called a racist?

Weeaboos, Otakus and Anime are the side effects of nuclear radiaton

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211562

p0rtalsh0oter wrote:
Scarko wrote:
Nutzu3650XL wrote:
No
I use a generic keyboard and a 20 euro gaming mouse. Gaming equipment can definitely help, but the difference is not that massive. I remember seeing this video a while back (below), you should definitely watch it. The choice is ofcourse yours, but you should spend money on what's important. If you play games a lot, the comfort could help, but if you don't play that long sessions, you should save your money for something else.
I have a 5 euro Logitech mouse and I still rek portal in TTT. So basicaly, no. You don't need great equipment to be amazing. You just need to be amazing to be amazing.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211565

Not worth it.
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211568

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
LineLiar wrote:
p0rtalsh0oter wrote:
Scarko wrote:
Nutzu3650XL wrote:
No
I have a 5 euro Logitech mouse and I still rek portal in TTT. So basicaly, no. You don't need great equipment to be amazing. You just need to be amazing to be amazing.
Hi brother
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211827

Whether you have a gaming keyboard or not, it doesn't matter.

Personally, I like to have Gaming Equipment, so I bought a SteelSeries Apex, which was $139 ( steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-m800 ) and SteelSeries Rival, which was $61 ( steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-300 ).
  • SirKryptonite
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 1

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211831

Alright, the only reason you should get a mechanical keyboard is not only are the faster and more comfortable to type with they also can suit you. Different weights, etc. The only other things is the features. Honestly that's up to you.

Now to address the people saying "peripherals don't matter". They do to a degree. I'd be shut without the side keypad on my mouse. It also is more accurate, less prone to dropping then others. Is it worth the money for it? It depends on what you're upgrading from and why. I'd pay $100 for my mouse because it really does help and I'm going to pay $250 for an k90 (I think) RGB because #colours

You do get better quality but the improvements are only marginal past the cheap ones. Once you get a mechanical keyboard with good switches, there's not much point changing.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
Unable to display Google Map.
[spoiler=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]]'throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13][/spoiler][quote=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]][code=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]...

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211840

I got my keyboard and mouse from Amazon for $12 and it's perfect. Most people get expensive keyboards and stuff because they think it will stop them from being bad. Just saying... But yeah that keyboards is pretty nice just get what ever you think looks and feels good.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by RedPowder.

Is this keyboard worth the money? 8 years 7 months ago #211844

Nutzu3650XL wrote:
p0rtalsh0oter wrote:
Scarko wrote:
Nutzu3650XL wrote:
No
Portal could not have said it better. Sure, gaming equipment might give a slight advantage, but after all it's not that major and a similar experience and performance could be achieved with less known brands or cheaper hardware which is effective. Sure, 75E is quite a price reduction from 120, but as Walrus said "It's a freaking keyboard man". This price tag is only given by it's "gaming" label.
If you wish to buy it, you're free to do so, and hopefully it'll live up to it's price tag.
'slight difference' ? if you have a 100$ headset you WILL be better. a keyboard isnt changing anything but the mouse does. if your equipment is more comfortable , you will obviously be better than you are
  • EdenB
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 43
Brother Ryan wrote:
I did do 2 F1s
- Brother Ryan , 2k15
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

121 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
2/127