Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Concerning the Meetings & Applications

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #99929

I do not want this post to get deleted, but ever since people got accepted to moderator, this has made me think a lot.

You can say this is a complaint. It might not be like this in every gamemode meeting, but some fit the description. Now, I do not have any hate towards people that apply for moderator. I think its alright, showing dedication to the next level. I have been starting to read every application I see on the forums thats posted. I only read TTT applications at the time, but now, darkrp and deathrun applications as well.

You'll see people +/- supporting on applications. +/- support doesn't give you an advantage in the upcoming meeting, the meeting will decide that. This is where the thread takes place.

Alot of people I see are posting one sentence lines such as:
+support great person, nice in-game and mature.

While I have no problem with any of you saying that, some of you don't even read the application itself. If you've been seeing my responses to applications, you can see that I fully read the application, giving goods and flaws as well. The only downside for me is that I don't most of the time how the person reacts in-game and acts to his surroundings.
Let's look at the deathrun moderator template shall we?:

Steam Name:

Link to Steam Profile:

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/94.23.19.200:27035/
Server 2 - http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/94.23.19.200:27030/

SteamID:

Languages I speak:

It's all standard stuff really. Steam name, link to steam profile, age and the language you speak.
But then there comes the gametrackers. If a person has never used the service Gametracker, you're obliged to give him the details about gametracker. I see this as some have never heard of it and that's alright, neither have I when I first came to Zarpgaming.

Then there comes the Steam ID which makes a lot of people confused. I often see them putting in their steam username. The Steam ID consist of numerals. When I see people get accepted, some do not even have their Steam ID! What does that tell me now. That tells me that the staff haven't been reading the applicant's application or the fact that the applicant wasn't bothered enough to google what a Steam ID was.

Then there comes the second section, still for deathrun:

[b]How would you deal with a disrespectful player?:[/b] (Explain in your own words how you would deal with a player being disrespectful towards another player or staff member.)

[b]Why I should be chosen:[/b] (Explain in your own words WHY we should chose you to become moderator, what makes you stand out? What are good traits about you? (The questions are examples and are NOT part of the template.  (This part should be atleast 75 words)))

Its quite straightforward as it was for the first section.

How would you deal with a disrespectful player?
By the means of using commands that moderators get. Gag, kick, warn and mute. Simple. The disrespectful player carries on what he does, the moderator gags/mutes and warns him. This is where newly made moderators get confused. To my experience, I do not ungag/unmute the player as it automatically does that at the map change. If he continues, you kick, and if he continues on the 3rd strike, contact a higher level of staff aka the admins, which moderators don't do.

The last question is simple and I won't bother with it, express your feelings is what it is.
Edit from here:
I might as well include the other templates:

Trouble in Terrorist Town.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

B-Hop (Bunny Hopping)
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The next thing I want to talk about is, application being rushed, not neat, improvement.
-How do I see that an application is rushed?
Well, short made answers, missing contents, nothing like bold questions.

This brings me back to my point about +/- supporting applicants. People don't notice that, us admins want clear made answers. If you've seen my darkrp responses, I put in fully what are the flaws.
-Such as, please expand on how to deal with a NLR situation etc.

My last point being is that people get accepted for nonsense reasons. If you check some (Not always) applications that got accepted, you'll find: Rushed application, short answers, no steam ID, activity is terrible.

This goes bad to the people that put work in applications, have good activity but got denied. Vice versa.

I would like to point out some names that got accepted, but by doing so will ruin their reputation which I wouldn't be fond of. When I play on a Zarp server, I sometimes find newly-made moderators doing their job incorrectly, with what like false warning perhaps.

Remove it if you want, I am just a member speaking my concerns. I have copied this thread in my microsoft document. I have spent a quite bit of time typing this out and it'll hurt my heart if it'll get removed.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Studio Banter.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harridas, LineLiar

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #99930

+ support, nice guy
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • I call myself Nexize but you can call me tonight
  • Thanks received: 1215
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #99932

-SUPPORT, feels rushed.
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #99933

I agree with this post. Only the fact that someone doesn't bother to look up his Steam ID for example means he is not taking his application seriously. Anyone who doesn't edit his application to match the requirements even after being adviced to, shouldn't be chosen as staff since he obviously won't act any better when moderating the servers.

This can easily be compared to real life job applications. If the applicant's application is rushed and has spelling mistakes, obviously the employer will decline him. I understand that not everyone are native english speakers, neither am I, but some of the applications just look plain bad.

Also something I would like to point out is that if a staff member who is voting for a new applicant has never seen him, no matter what the reason is, he should at least have an opinion to not vote yes or no, because it's stupid to give either of those opinions just based on what you hear from others. So it would be a good change to the meeting system, even though it is a rare situation.
  • ChubbyFruit
  • Junior Boarder
  • U wot
  • Thanks received: 22
Ex - Deathrun Admin
Ex - BHop Super Admin

Steam Profile

Gif relates
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by ChubbyFruit.

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #99939

This post is so true, i always notice people saying "nice guy" and they say things about the application even tho they didn't even read it. Anyways, i don't see why people always go like "stop breaking rules and you're going to change my mind" the thing is, what you're saying in the thread doesn't actually do anything, unless you're a staff member, what you're saying doesn't lower his chances or make them greater.

Note: the only useful comments are those that actually mention something about the app that he should review or a comment that is properly written to give the user your opinion and not just fill it with "good guy in game +support".
  • RedWingz
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Former Deathrun Mod & SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 176
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by RedWingz.

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100020

Tl;dr

+SUPPORT BECAUSE ITS WALRUS!!!
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
The following user(s) said Thank You: DEADMONSTOR

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100025

I don't really get what your trying to say.
Are you saying that it's a bad system because during meetings no one looks at the applications properly?

I don't get it.
  • luk3gun1
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 26

Hooly balls VII
[SSRP] - Admin!

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100040

luk3gun1 wrote:
Are you saying that it's a bad system because during meetings no one looks at the applications properly?

I don't get it.
Same here Im not getting what your trying to get across. It would be stupid to assume that people don't read the applications before they vote on them. The only way you would be able to tell is if you had a rat on someones computer but that would be a different story.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100042

He's saying that half of the people applying havent heard of gametracker and SteamID and something should be added to guide them (Thats the only thing I read :p)
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100044

EMP wrote:
luk3gun1 wrote:

I don't get it.
Same here Im not getting what your trying to get across. It would be stupid to assume that people don't read the applications before they vote on them. The only way you would be able to tell is if you had a rat on someones computer but that would be a different story.

The point I want to make is that some people shouldn't be accepted. I want to show an example of a rushed application that has been accepted with missing segments to it but don't know if I can. Some don't even know what they're doing even if they get their mod training done.

The thing about the applications before meetings when people +/- support the applicant is that they just give a blank reason. Not like reading through what they said.

No I do not have a rat on someone's computer and yes in someway I am saying its a bad system.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthVader, Harridas, LineLiar, DEADMONSTOR

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100066

╯№Walrus╰ wrote:
EMP wrote:
luk3gun1 wrote:

I don't get it.

The point I want to make is that some people shouldn't be accepted. I want to show an example of a rushed application that has been accepted with missing segments to it but don't know if I can. Some don't even know what they're doing even if they get their mod training done.

The thing about the applications before meetings when people +/- support the applicant is that they just give a blank reason. Not like reading through what they said.

No I do not have a rat on someone's computer and yes in someway I am saying its a bad system.
As in you cant find an example and therefor it doesn't exist. Or you don't want to call someone else's app out.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100075

EMP wrote:
╯№Walrus╰ wrote:
EMP wrote:
luk3gun1 wrote:

I don't get it.

As in you cant find an example and therefor it doesn't exist. Or you don't want to call someone else's app out.

Fine, I've been preparing for an answer like this. I was surprised DCX didn't reply with his expression "The staff team chooses, not the lead team".

The bold will be where I show you the flaws that no one mentioned
Steam Name: SUP3RINS4N1TY

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120829156/

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/server_info/94.23.19.200:27035/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/server_info/94.23.19.200:27030/

SteamID:toodespicable3000 Wrong Steam ID, thus not bothered to search it up.

Languages I speak: english and little bits of french and welsh

the way i would like to deal with disrespectful players is if it is a minor disrespect than i will warn them but if it goes into extreme measures and they massively disrespect other player's or members of staff then i would kick them and if they joined back then i would moniter them closely and if they start disrespecting again then i would ban them for certain amounts of time depending on what they were doing.

Didn't mention mute/gag, moderators can't ban. Terribly typed.

the reason i want to be a moderator is because a lot of the time when i come online there is people reactivating spamming and all i want to do is try and help out the server and make sure everything is in order

Should've added more. Rushed application in general.

I would be honored to show more examples if you please
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Studio Banter.

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100081

So you are saying that people with bad applications are still getting through and that's what your angry about?
  • luk3gun1
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 26

Hooly balls VII
[SSRP] - Admin!

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100083

luk3gun1 wrote:
So you are saying that people with bad applications are still getting through and that's what your angry about?

Funny thing is, that's actually a deniable reason: Rushed Application.
But don't mind me, I am not the one saying server 1 should overall be your gametime.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Studio Banter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zax, DEADMONSTOR

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100099

My application is way back and I don't think I would be accepted because all of the -Support but for good reasons
  • Zax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 98

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100333

I can see why you're annoyed, but at the end of the day, staff that don't do their jobs get demoted.

i do fink peepel need 2 stahp beign lazi
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100357

Meliodas wrote:
I can see why you're annoyed, but at the end of the day, staff that don't do their jobs get demoted.

i do fink peepel need 2 stahp beign lazi

No they don't (Usually) , unless someone reports them and has proof (Just see how many staff members I demoted before :p )
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 3 months ago #100684

• DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN

AKA Victor

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 1 month ago #115849

1 month 3 weeks ago
Bump.

Added:
TTT Template
B-Hop Template

Reason: Boredom overload

You seriously thought I forgot about this gem of a thread.
Not really.
Because I just bumped it.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

Concerning the Meetings & Applications 9 years 1 month ago #115856

Fundamentally Walrus wrote:
<strong>1 month 3 weeks ago</strong>
Bump.

Added:
<code>TTT Template
B-Hop Template

Reason: Boredom overload</code>

You seriously thought I forgot about this gem of a thread.
Not really.
Because I just bumped it.

love it.
  • RedWingz
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Former Deathrun Mod & SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 176
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

153 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1