Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Should i start YouTube?

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97667

Hello, Zarp Forums

I've been thinking of this alonb time. Starting YouTube! This has been something ive been wanting to do very long but if i want to start i want to start good. Can someone maybe help me with this and what would your oppinion be? If someone has some Tips for a YouTube banner and avatar! Please help me.

Greetings, Gino or TheMusicCat
  • ozi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Inspiration
  • Thanks received: 95
STEAM

Ex-TTT Moderator
Instagram
Login or register to post a reply.

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97669

good i read this post i have been thinking for 1/2 years for a youtube channel but doesnt really have the money for things and dont have too much free time, First of all get a good mic, no one is gonna watch a vid if you have a bad mic. second of all make a fucking twitter acc that will help alot, 3rd i dont think your'e youtube channel should be called themusiccat (idk what else but a more serious name is needed) get recording stuff and have a pc that can play games at minimal of 40 fps.
4th dont post an ongoing vid go edit it more like funny stuff or so or cool things. 5th What games you gonna play if its MC you will get 20 maybe 50 subscribers max. you need to play games you dont see everyday on youtube like killing floor or something like that. also have a decent english speak, because if you mess up most english words and dont know them you are fucked, 7th try to be alone while you are recording what if your mom comes in and just a funny thing happened you cant post a funny thing with your mom telling you something.

I think this is all i know for a decent youtube channel, i hope you got something from this :>
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone
  • Thanks received: 129

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97672

There is one problemo idk a name that fits me personally
  • ozi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Inspiration
STEAM

Ex-TTT Moderator
Instagram

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97682

• Speak english fluently,
  • Be active on social media,
  • Setup your video's correctly (think about a good description, title etc. so people can find you)
  • Invest if your goal is going big, you wont reach it with a $2 webcam and a $1 discount microphone,
  • Make a default timeline for your video's, either do a voice over on the video or do live commentary; not both,
  • Play more than 1 or 2 games, research popular topics and games.
  • illuminatixs
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Taste my rainbow!
  • Thanks received: 262

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97684

I'm already doing YouTube
[spoiler]www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIvdLBak2acTlydZptoaoQ[/spolier]
  • William [!Paco2]
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Peace never comes when war has begun
  • Thanks received: 29

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97687

Here are some tips from a Youtuber that has been going for almost a year and has racked up ~320 Subscribers.
  • If you want to play games, make sure that at the very least you can play them at 30FPS with medium quality.
  • Want to do voice-overs or live commentaries? Invest in a good mic. Those range from €25-40. If you can't afford them, either don't do voice-overs or get a job.
  • Good editing programs would be Sony Vegas or a couple of Adobe programs. Try them all out, and use the one that you can most efficiently use.
  • If you plan on making Top Lists, like I am currently, try finding HD clips. Rendering might take a bit longer, but the results make up for it.
  • If you plan on doing long videos, consider rendering them overnight. My renders of 1080p 8 minute videos take about 6 hours, during which you can't use your PC without making it take even longer.
  • If you don't mind the big file sizes, try out FRAPS as a recording software. I personally use it, since I have a 2TB External Hard Drive lying around anyway.
  • Try to make your own art for your avatar/banner, or request someone to make them for you. Do remember though, art is only 1/8th your channel.
  • Use everything to your advantage to gain subscribers if you want to become big. Ask friends and family to subscribe and share your videos (no matter how embarrassing it might be), ask people on Steam to check out your videos, etc.
  • Try to do collaborations with bigger channels, or try to befriend them/join a group. I personally got invited into a Nominations Poll for the Best Anime of 2014 by one of the largest Anime Channels out there. And heck, if I managed to do something like that, you'd be able to do it in seconds.
  • If you are going to collab, try to not ask people that are waaaay bigger than you. Asking PewDiePie, Markiplier or Seananners to collab will you will end up having you wait ages and still have no reply. Instead, try asking people you already know with a decent subscriber base, or try to ask some random people that you're subscribed to that won't mind.
  • Whatever you do, DO NOT rely on cute cat pictures to get you through everything.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

If you need more tips, feel free to contact me, but do note that I have next to no Gaming videos on my channel as of yet, due to not having an incredibly good PC.

Here's my channel if you're interested.
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by LightArrowsEXE.

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97689

Illuminatix, you don't need to play more than 1 game, look at sp4zie :)
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97692

aspectionz wrote:
Illuminatix, you don't need to play more than 1 game, look at sp4zie :)

Playing more games adds more variety. If there's something everybody should do, is add more variety.
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97698

Play gta, i did it, and got 35,689 views on 4 days..

proof:
Its danish.

so yeah, go play GTA 5 and just do funny shit in it :)
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97705

honestly, without being disrespectful , I dont think you will reach 1000 subs, its pretty hard
  • EdenB
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 43
Brother Ryan wrote:
I did do 2 F1s
- Brother Ryan , 2k15

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97713

William [!Paco2] wrote:
I'm already doing YouTube
[spoiler]www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIvdLBak2acTlydZptoaoQ[/spolier]

If you look at my post earlier , I SAID IT, 20 subscribers with MC playing
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97717

EdenB wrote:
honestly, without being disrespectful , I dont think you will reach 1000 subs, its pretty hard

Nothing's hard when you put your mind and soul to it.
You need something unique, and finding uniqueness in this world right now is very hard. Thus its unique.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97728

I was thinking about doing Minecraft video's because the way i play minecraft is so funny xD i just dont even care i fuck around haha. Im also planning on starting with some Building Tutorials etc. and true Walrus if you put your mind and soul to it you can accomplish everything *Look at PewDiePie* and EdenB and Buzz i would be even happy with 10 subscribers because if 10 watch your video probaly 1 is gonna like it and subscribe! And yes, i have Adobe After Effects and Photoshop! And that's what i will use! I have a Logitech G430 Headset which sounds like shiz via GMOD but its a good mic if you know how to set everything up! Thnx for all the support *does not include EdenB* B)
  • ozi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Inspiration
STEAM

Ex-TTT Moderator
Instagram

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97730

Please... no Minecraft. I might just subscribe if you don't only do Minecraft. I am so done with Minecraft, and I think a lot of people are getting to that point.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97737

LineLiar wrote:
Please... no Minecraft. I might just subscribe if you don't only do Minecraft. I am so done with Minecraft, and I think a lot of people are getting to that point.

True, too many people play minecraft and if i even wanna see MC vid's the only one's i watch are maricraft (from smosh)
you need to play the new games or good games:
GTA V on pc (because not many people do it cause of ps4 gta5)
Shadow of mordor or something like that
Evolve
Battlefield Hardline
And everyone like's a youtube who plays dark souls because of the rage :D
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97740

Exactly, something that not the entirety of YouTube plays. I don't necessarily agree with the games of your choice, but it would definitely be 20000% better than another boring Minecraft channel that does some super unoriginal survival let's play of which there are millions already.
  • LineLiar
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 163

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97748

TheMusicCat wrote:
I was thinking about doing Minecraft video's because the way i play minecraft is so funny xD i just dont even care i fuck around haha. Im also planning on starting with some Building Tutorials etc. and true Walrus if you put your mind and soul to it you can accomplish everything *Look at PewDiePie* and EdenB and Buzz i would be even happy with 10 subscribers because if 10 watch your video probaly 1 is gonna like it and subscribe! And yes, i have Adobe After Effects and Photoshop! And that's what i will use! I have a Logitech G430 Headset which sounds like shiz via GMOD but its a good mic if you know how to set everything up! Thnx for all the support *does not include EdenB* B)

Yeah, but look at pewdiepie. 1 in a million who succeeded in youtube. There's million others minecraft channels. Try to come with something more unique. Trying to make youtube your place to make money is pretty hard and 1% chance of that happening.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97749

It's good to see some discussion that I can take part in thanks to it not being related to DarkRP or other servers. Personally, I have thought of starting a Youtube channel multiple times but never had the determination, inspiration or motivation to do so. I do not believe that buying the best and latest equipment is really essential.

I believe that starting Youtube requires not much besides yourself, as-long as you have certain qualities such as determination, inspiration and motivation and try your best to represent yourself, you will make your way across youtube in no time, however I believe the most important thing is that you are persistent and are devoted to succeeding, be compassionate about youtube and you will do great.
  • Captain Casual
  • User is blocked
  • [b]New to PC gaming :)[/b]
  • Thanks received: 5

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97751

Im gonna say this gino, my 2 friends have a Dutch youtube channel (dutch is wrong in everyway) but they started 9 or 10 months ago (not too many vids yet also a problem of them) but look at subscriber account and views www.youtube.com/channel/UCOmdzPwxcjLYZeTBgXjNJXA
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone

Should i start YouTube? 9 years 4 months ago #97753

I've been doing Youtube for more than 4 years now.
And these are the basic rules:
-Find a game that you'd like to let's play, if it's fun for you then your commentary automatically sounds happier.
-Don't start Youtube for the reason that you wanna get money/subscribers/likes.
-Take your time with editing your video, at the beginning you don't have to be a pro at editing but at least put some effort into it.
-Creativity is a big part of making videos. Adding some funny stuff (pictures...) into the let's play will help you aswell.
-Do let's play togethers with other youtubers or friends,
-Have good equipment. You don't have to buy a 10 million headset, but buy a good one. Also don't film let's plays with your camera.
-Respond to your subscribers if they have questions.
-Block the haters and don't argue with them.

My channel is here. There might not be too much on it, but if you watch the videos you will see what i mean with the creativity and the picture editing, especially on my DayZ videos.

Hopefully this helped.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by TheAp4ch3.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

210 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32