Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles.

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #94797

Wallcop wrote:
Moral of the post.

Warning! Adult Link!
Click
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374
Login or register to post a reply.

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #94798

Yotsugi wrote:
Wallcop wrote:
Moral of the post.

<strong>Warning! Adult Link!</strong>
Click

Right click -> Copy link url
  • Harridas
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The only Harridas on Steam
  • Thanks received: 127
Former Deathrun SuperAdministrator
Former TTT SuperAdministrator
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #94803

Yotsugi wrote:
If you click on suspicious links, you kind of deserved to be hacked. Take it as a lesson, trust nothing on the internet.

Alright, I cant trust anything on the internet. I cant trust you Lightarrows then. All this time you were making anime lists with bad anime. Hue hue hue.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #94926

I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
Yotsugi wrote:
If you click on suspicious links, you kind of deserved to be hacked. Take it as a lesson, trust nothing on the internet.

Alright, I cant trust anything on the internet. I cant trust you Lightarrows then. All this time you were making anime lists with bad anime. Hue hue hue.

What? I obviously have the worst channel on the internet.
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #94945

For the people who don't know what this is -
Its a link to a steam stealer
It will steal everything you got on your inventory and it will send it to who ever it was programmed to.
  • EdenB
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 43
Brother Ryan wrote:
I did do 2 F1s
- Brother Ryan , 2k15

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #94946

EdenB wrote:
For the people who don't know what this is -
Its a link to a steam stealer
It will steal everything you got on your inventory and it will send it to who ever it was programmed to.

THEY ARE GONNA TAKE MY AK47 PREDATOR?!?!?! Lol.
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #94964

WATCH OUT! THEY GONNA STEAL YO CRATEZ.
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95002

My AWP | Safari Mesh! Noooooo!
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95078

Chris_Smith wrote:
Why would the anti virus company do something? This isn't a virus, this is a EXE that uses your account by grabbing your steam_api.dll , steam ssfn files. They do that because when normal hacking, the hacker some times need to wait 14 days to trade due to steam guard. So some guy, made this in the idea of not waiting for steam guard cooldown, so in short
-You downloaded the EXE
-You Execute it
-It grabs your steam_api.dll & ssfn files
-It commands the files to send a trade offer of all your steam items
-Items go to the hackers alts then the alts send to his main, then he sells the items and makes loads of money

Those files are very important, they can be used to control any part of your steam. Just not change passwords.

So no, it's not a
-Keylogger
-Virus

Just a simple coded exe grabber and modifier. Hope you learnt something new today, have a nice day.

Some Information:

The hacker/Idiot has loads of money, he's making new sites everyday. So beware everyone.
Reporting the bots won't help.

-Mate
You sir a wrong. May I point out that this is like saying (A form grabber steals Ws2_32.dll) DLLs are libraries and store no data except in memory (Point on Hooking functions).

They simply use the SteamAPI.

Correct they are not viruses or keyloggers, Neither is betabot, neutrino, Zeus (I include citadel), Spyeye, LoadHTTP, smoke, dexter, or most other malware.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
Unable to display Google Map.
[spoiler=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]]'throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13][/spoiler][quote=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]][code=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]...

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95081

spanish wrote:
Chris_Smith wrote:
Why would the anti virus company do something? This isn't a virus, this is a EXE that uses your account by grabbing your steam_api.dll , steam ssfn files. They do that because when normal hacking, the hacker some times need to wait 14 days to trade due to steam guard. So some guy, made this in the idea of not waiting for steam guard cooldown, so in short
-You downloaded the EXE
-You Execute it
-It grabs your steam_api.dll & ssfn files
-It commands the files to send a trade offer of all your steam items
-Items go to the hackers alts then the alts send to his main, then he sells the items and makes loads of money

Those files are very important, they can be used to control any part of your steam. Just not change passwords.

So no, it's not a
-Keylogger
-Virus

Just a simple coded exe grabber and modifier. Hope you learnt something new today, have a nice day.

Some Information:

The hacker/Idiot has loads of money, he's making new sites everyday. So beware everyone.
Reporting the bots won't help.

-Mate
You sir a wrong. May I point out that this is like saying (A form grabber steals Ws2_32.dll) DLLs are libraries and store no data except in memory (Point on Hooking functions).

They simply use the SteamAPI.

Correct they are not viruses or keyloggers, Neither is betabot, neutrino, Zeus (I include citadel), Spyeye, LoadHTTP, smoke, dexter, or most other malware.

Very sure that you were gonna quote me, but hey. I have mentioned that they grab/command your Steam_api.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95084

Chris_Smith wrote:

Very sure that you were gonna quote me, but hey. I have mentioned that they grab/command your Steam_api.

Also your comment about the Anti virus companies is complete bullshit. They really deal with all types of malware, and unwanted software. I will say, using your logic they don't care about Zeus, the most used Malware and that stole ~$50Mil, but they do. (even though 40% of zeus is detected, mainly because anti virus companies are slower then the Crypter developers)
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
Unable to display Google Map.
[spoiler=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]]'throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13][/spoiler][quote=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]][code=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]...

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95105

I do not understand one thing you just said soxey
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95186

The best antivirus is common sense.
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95188

gmod troller wrote:
I do not understand one thing you just said soxey
Don't worry, he's just using smart language. :)
  • Zan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 131

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95189

Best argument of arguments ever. Love how this lead to a malware warning to an argument on how the "hackers" do this technique. You sirs need to go outside :D
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95190

I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
Best argument of arguments ever. Love how this lead to a malware warning to an argument on how the "hackers" do this technique. You sirs need to go outside :D

B-But... It's cold outside. And wet. And there are pedophiles out there too.

and my little brothers too
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95502

spanish wrote:
Chris_Smith wrote:

Also your comment about the Anti virus companies is complete bullshit. They really deal with all types of malware, and unwanted software. I will say, using your logic they don't care about Zeus, the most used Malware and that stole ~$50Mil, but they do. (even though 40% of zeus is detected, mainly because anti virus companies are slower then the Crypter developers)

Also what I mean't about grabbing is that it searches for your file, then modifies it. Instead of going on complaining about how people are giving "wrongful" information, go and make a post, a big one your self talking about it. Bringing all those unwanted malware names won't make you look smarter at all. What I was doing on that post is giving people a simple idea of how it works.

After research, it is a malware but a type that modifies files and has connection with it's host, it also sends information of if you launched, when you launched, and so on.

This "malware" has been going on for a year, and guess what? Anti-Virus companies haven't done shit about it. So you might be wrong, you're right it deals with all sorts of malwares, but this is just nothing to them. If it was, they would've added it to there database. Only a few AntiVirus companies can detect this .scr file.

Info: When it downloads the SCR file it will look like it's PNG, but it isn't, it's just named .PNG

What happens when you open it?

You'll just get a picture of a Ballistic Knife, meaning that you're basically f**cked.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95503

Chris_Smith wrote:
Instead of going on complaining about how people are giving "wrongful" information, go and make a post, a big one your self talking about it. Bringing all those unwanted malware names won't make you look smarter at all.

• LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli

Malware going around Steam Comments on Profiles. 9 years 4 months ago #95504

Chris_Smith wrote:
spanish wrote:
Chris_Smith wrote:

Also what I mean't about grabbing is that it searches for your file, then modifies it. Instead of going on complaining about how people are giving "wrongful" information, go and make a post, a big one your self talking about it. Bringing all those unwanted malware names won't make you look smarter at all. What I was doing on that post is giving people a simple idea of how it works.

After research, it is a malware but a type that modifies files and has connection with it's host, it also sends information of if you launched, when you launched, and so on.

This "malware" has been going on for a year, and guess what? Anti-Virus companies haven't done shit about it. So you might be wrong, you're right it deals with all sorts of malwares, but this is just nothing to them. If it was, they would've added it to there database. Only a few AntiVirus companies can detect this .scr file.

Info: When it downloads the SCR file it will look like it's PNG, but it isn't, it's just named .PNG

<strong>What happens when you open it?</strong>

You'll just get a picture of a Ballistic Knife, meaning that you're basically f**cked.

• Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

127 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun