Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ)

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80238

Hello, so you've probably seen your friends sending you links such as - hey bro hahahah look at this /CENSOR / prtn-sc**n /CENSOR / / jokmems jpg. Don't even try to open this link cause it'll download a drive by keylogger. Don't click it. I censored it just you click it accidently. Anyway, if you see a friend sending you this that means he got hijacked by another friend sending him the link for example

John gets hijacked and then hacker sends link to johns friends
Johns friends open it, then johns friend Jack gets hijacked then the hacker sends link to jacks friend
Then jacks friend Eddy opens the link and gets hijacked and hacker then sends links to eddies friends.

This is how it works, they steal everything on your account. Be careful.

FAQ

I accidentally pressed the link and it downloaded a EXE, what should I do?!!

First, DO NOT EVEN open the EXE, cause if you do you'll get the keylogger/virus. Just DELETE IT and make sure to get malwarebytes or avg and scan about 4 times.

I opened the Exe i was stupid what should I do please help!

This is the most important part. You need to change your password and steam password and email pass from a NON INFECT/KEYLOGGER ON Laptop/Computer. DONT CHANGE THE PASSWORDS ON YOUR INFECTED COMPUTER Cause then they'll just get the passwords again. After changing them, and running virus scans, alot of them. And you got hijacked again then the only way to be secure for sure is to format your computer. Cause it's pretty hard to get rid of keyloggers.

They stole my items and everything I ever had! HELP!
Log on on your non infected computer/laptop/mobile anything that you can open steam support site. Request a ticket for help, it's steampowered support something. You can find it by searching for Steam support. Request a ticket and tell them what happened. Explain everything, and one day they will help you.

Always be careful. Do not open links anyone send you without looking them up google first. And seeing if they're viruses or not. I recommend you to download a googlechrome/firefox extention called myWOT, it shows you if the site is a virus or even phishing etc.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
  • Thanks received: 211
Login or register to post a reply.

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80272

Alright, I'll make things right. The current trend of malware targeting steam are steam stealers which do not key log. Their rise to popularity has taken 2 weeks.

They are horribly coded and only 25% of people who run it actually get infected.

Currently the only hope you have is to disable steam guard as this will disable trades.

If you wish not to be infected and still trade you can do either of the following. Get a good Anti virus that stops programs heuristically. Delete your .net framework, don't use steam or use Linux.

Once run the malware is easy to remove, these stealers don't need to retain access to the infected machine and share a similarity with pony (a seriously pro botnet) on that point. Once run you're fucked.

You can be infected many different ways, from EKs, SEing or just good old stupidity. My tip is, DO not use any outdated browser, DO NOT run an executable file of any type without first scanning it on a distrobuting virus scanning site.

I will write a full tutorial when I get on MY PC.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
Unable to display Google Map.
[spoiler=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]]'throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13][/spoiler][quote=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]][code=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]...
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by kristofferson.

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80301

As far as I have been informed by others who studied these links, this attack isn't even "malware", thus, anti-virus won't find it. Some might have virus packed with them, but the application itself is not a virus. It's a .NET application that uses the Steam API to make you trade your items.

It's disguised as a .scr file and because of it's extension, Windows won't warn you for the file (can't tell for sure, just have been told). Either way, scanning your PC multiple times does not make it more effective than scanning once. So that's a waste of time. Even if you download the file, if you don't open it and delete it straight away, there's no harm done to your computer (it never really harms your computer). As long as you don't run it, your Steam inventory is safe and you're good to go.
  • Ruben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 6
You don't know the man, nor his history

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80320

I think that this whole event is completely ridiculous. You wouldn't accept a random package from an untrusted source IRL so why would you click an untrusted link?
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80350

Ruben wrote:
As far as I have been informed by others who studied these links, this attack isn't even "malware", thus, anti-virus won't find it. Some might have virus packed with them, but the application itself is not a virus. It's a .NET application that uses the Steam API to make you trade your items.

It's disguised as a .scr file and because of it's extension, Windows won't warn you for the file (can't tell for sure, just have been told). Either way, scanning your PC multiple times does not make it more effective than scanning once. So that's a waste of time. Even if you download the file, if you don't open it and delete it straight away, there's no harm done to your computer (it never really harms your computer). As long as you don't run it, your Steam inventory is safe and you're good to go.

Thanks for your clarification ruben. Exrobite, many friends are falling for this, such as twix gamersfunhouse and many many other zarp members/staff. Ruben, a friend of mine got his account hijacked. So they might take the account and not the items only.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Christopher S.

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80351

I assure you, I have never been hacked by someone as I have a intelligent mind to not do so.
Now, let me just go to the strange car that's offering me candy. Bye!
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80356

I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
I assure you, I have never been hacked by someone as I have a intelligent mind to not do so.
Now, let me just go to the strange car that's offering me candy. Bye!

Lol well played :silly:
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80362

Then there must be variations of the tool going around. As far as I am aware, they never even get access to your account, they can only do what they do because you are logged in to Steam on your local PC.
  • Ruben
  • Fresh Boarder

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80366

Ruben wrote:
Then there must be variations of the tool going around. As far as I am aware, they never even get access to your account, they can only do what they do because you are logged in to Steam on your local PC.

How do they send messages, hmmm..
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80368

Chris_Smith wrote:
Ruben wrote:

• Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80369

I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
Chris_Smith wrote:
Ruben wrote:

• Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80375

Do you remember the *COUGH* "virus" on Garry's Mod? It just uses the Steam API to send messages to people, because it allows you to. It doesn't need access to your account, you just have to be logged in.
  • Ruben
  • Fresh Boarder

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80376

Ruben wrote:
Do you remember the *COUGH* "virus" on Garry's Mod? It just uses the Steam API to send messages to people, because it allows you to. It doesn't need access to your account, you just have to be logged in.

Yeah was a mess.
  • Christopher S
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Anyone?"

Warning Steam Keyloggers (MUST READ) 9 years 6 months ago #80377

Lol. This is how I react to modern day shizzel.

• Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

279 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40