Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Should there be a moderator age restriction?

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79987

Ohhh shit let's give this guy mod
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The topic has been locked.

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79988

OutstandingCitizen wrote:
Chris wrote:
very mature Chris please note the seriousness of this thread and reply in a mature nature please

seriousness noted

note reads: nil

inference: pathetic, bigoted argument
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Chris.

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79990

Chris wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
To be fair that's easy to say coming from someone who's over 16.

I disagree.

how old are you I take it you are under 16 and your reply is understandable but you are then bias being under 16

Then I take it you're bias for being over 16?

No because of the sheer amount of abusive young admins has molded my opinion on this matter to hate young admins and not take their opinion to be fair

sir, comments are not suggestive of bias as they are representative of the perceived majority.

you are wrong

bias definition:

technically you are being bias as you are labelling a group incapable of doing something because of their age, given that interpretation of the term

bias usually refers to a source that favors one side with invalid grounds to do so, or when they are meant to be impartial

if the argument is that all super admins were abusive a super admin's opinion would not be valid only the other people in the community who have witnessed it do you understand what I am saying?

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79991

I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
So you're telling me all over 16s are mature. Top notch. You know what? I completely support this, demote everyone under 16 now. Also demote me because 14s cant be mature like adults.

The joke is real.

please tell me you read my post? because I never said anything about all 16 year old's being mature just that I think they are far more mature than someone who is 12 or in your case 14

Oh my, did I misread your silly post? Do beg my pardon!

Maturity can come at any age technically speaking. For me maturity hit around 10 years of age. I even know people that are way older than me and act like utter kids. So your argument is invalid.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79992

i would like to appeal to the moderators of this forum that this thread is closed on the basis that it influences a prejudice and is of stereotypical origin, with regard the members who have been on this planet less than 16 years, and as such it doesn't correspond with ZARP's 'open to all' mindset.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79993

DarthVader wrote:
Why don't we ban all players and staff under 16 while we're at it...

Why would you do that? to become an admin I would have thought you would have had to go through a much harsher selection process so anyone who wasn't perfect wouldn't have made the cut

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79994

I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
So you're telling me all over 16s are mature. Top notch. You know what? I completely support this, demote everyone under 16 now. Also demote me because 14s cant be mature like adults.

The joke is real.

please tell me you read my post? because I never said anything about all 16 year old's being mature just that I think they are far more mature than someone who is 12 or in your case 14

Maturity can come at any age technically speaking. For me maturity hit around 10 years of age. I even know people that are way older than me and act like utter kids. So your argument is invalid.

Maturity =/= puberty
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79995

Chris wrote:
i would like to appeal to the moderators of this forum that this thread is closed on the basis that it influences a prejudice and is of stereotypical origin, with regard the members who have been on this planet less than 16 years, and as such it doesn't correspond with ZARP's 'open to all' mindset.

pathetic chris you are pathetic my opinion is not based on a stereotype but my personal experience with the moderators on the server but whatever

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79997

Exrobite wrote:
I_am_the_Walrus wrote:
I_am_the_Walrus wrote:

The joke is real.

Maturity =/= puberty

4 + years in the world would make people far more mature I would think why not just make people who are 14 lawyers?

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79998

Chris wrote:

pathetic chris you are pathetic my opinion is not based on a stereotype but my personal experience with the moderators on the server but whatever
So your experience with a few <16 mods dictates your opinion on them all?

Sounds like stereotyping to me.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #79999

Chris wrote:

no.

no.

no.

pathetic outstanding, you are.

everything about your argument is prejudicial as it is explicitly stating that those under 16 are not competent of moderating a server, and assumes that this is the case for all in that category when it simply isn't
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80002

Exrobite wrote:
Chris wrote:

If you read my post I said that I understand some young moderators are mature but the majority who I have met are imature and bad moderators

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80005

Report any staff who you think is abusive or does not know how to deal with players. I think this is enough arguing for today.

Please Lock
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80006

Exrobite wrote:
Chris wrote:

If you read my post I said that I understand some young moderators are mature but the majority who I have met are imature and bad moderators

So let's ban all of them from being mod!

Define fallacy.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80007

Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:

no.

no.

no.

everything about your argument is prejudicial as it is explicitly stating that those under 16 are not competent of moderating a server, and assumes that this is the case for all in that category when it simply isn't

It is not prejudiced Chris this is based on my experiences please read

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80009

Exrobite wrote:
Chris wrote:

then clearly your problem lies with the selection process, sire. you state that some young moderators are mature, some older ones aren't exactly that, and so the only way to resolve the issue of 'immaturity' being what you make out to be a cogent issue in the staff team is to root out the problem for everyone, not discriminate against certain categories.

put it into perspective, say that 90% of a communities' demoted staff members are of chinese ethnicity. 10% are the best staff in town. it would simply be racist to apply such restrictions in the application process.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80010

Chris wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Chris wrote:

then clearly your problem lies with the selection process, sire. you state that some young moderators are mature, some older ones aren't exactly that, and so the only way to resolve the issue of 'immaturity' being what you make out to be a cogent issue in the staff team is to root out the problem for everyone, not discriminate against certain categories.

put it into perspective, say that 90% of a communities' demoted staff members are of chinese ethnicity. 10% are the best staff in town. it would simply be racist to apply such restrictions in the application process.

I agree with your post, friend.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80012

Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:

no.

no.

no.

it is. i couldn't care less about your experiences. people are arrested all the time because they make protests about certain religions and say that they are all responsible for the actions of others. it is still prejudice and if I have to spell out the logic as to why it is then so be it:

- you acknowledge that some staff members under the age of 16 are good, some are bad. you also acknowledge that not all over the age of 16 are good either.
- you say that the solution to this problem is to bar any under 16 from joining the staff team.
- you are therefore labelling under 16s as immature in their entirety based on some experiences, and thus it is a prejudicial concept.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80013

I for one am for demoting all moderators under 16 and disallowing any moderator applications for people under 16 because they are not experienced enough in the real world with dealing with people + I see a lot of moderators who are about 13 breaking rules consistently and because they're mods they get away with it the young moderators are given far to much power and do not understand the repercussions of their actions. I was once an admin on elite roleplay which had an age restriction of 16 this made sure that many people who applied were more mature and understand the responsibility that comes with being an admin also with less young moderators this should mean a more mature older clientele for the server

I do understand that there are some good young mods but they are in a minority compared to the excessive amount of immature and disrespectful abusers that make up the young mods on the server

Pathetic idea, everyone is allowed to have fun. Especially in ZARP where EVERYONE is welcome.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

Should there be a moderator age restriction? 9 years 6 months ago #80018

Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:

no.

no.

no.

it is. i couldn't care less about your experiences. people are arrested all the time because they make protests about certain religions and say that they are all responsible for the actions of others. it is still prejudice and if I have to spell out the logic as to why it is then so be it:

- you acknowledge that some staff members under the age of 16 are good, some are bad. you also acknowledge that not all over the age of 16 are good either.
- you say that the solution to this problem is to bar any under 16 from joining the staff team.
- you are therefore labelling under 16s as immature in their entirety based on some experiences, and thus it is a prejudicial concept.

Some staff over 16 are bad at their job you are a good example but still I think that people with more years would be better at dealing with situations understanding how the world works and dealing with it from there
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

156 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf