Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My response to the resignations

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62843

Introduction
This topic is the only place I will address anything regarding me being to blame for 'resignations'. I ask that you do the same, to keep the other threads on topic.

Before I begin...
It's easy for someone to listen how the words are written, and perceive this whole issue as 'I forced someone to resign' - that's not true, for anyone who may have believed that. It's easy to make things look wrong, and I'll give a living example from this actual situation:
From Scorpion
Darth, Blocked, Kpro, and LazyBro all think he should get demoted. Also, I know this isn't a demotion request, but from his latest behavior, I suggest a demotion, a warning is the least he can get in my opinion.

I was surprised that blocked felt this way, it was a little out of character in contrast to his response on my forum staff app. I contacted him regarding it to see why he felt that way.

Turns out, it was just Scorpion's words. That's a lot of this situation in a nutshell: people's words.

The people who are involved have resigned because they dislike me, and couldn't remove me because the evidence given wasn't significant enough. As well as that, the majority of the TS3 staff prior to accepting more always had a relaxed environment on the TS3, and did pretty much equal to what I was accused of - what was needed to be addressed was that all 'trolling' was stopped.

And to those who assume that I'm on a 'final warning', yeah, I'm not going to hide that I have had a disciplinary which could be considered a 'final warning' with regards to how the meetings are ran.

Kpro's Resignation

I'll start by saying that Kpro was a good member of the team. He contributed quite well to the development of TTT and DeathRun, and worked hard on the DarkRP server. Lately, I realized that Kpro had a grudge against me. I was not formally confronted about his issues with me, and the lack of communication has ultimately caused the present drama.
decided to resign mainly because of Chris

The first paragraph of the above section relates to this.
legitimate proof of him abusing his powers

I can't really say anything about this. I haven't seen the proof personally, but from the talk I received after the TS3 meeting on Saturday, I saw that what I was talked to about was pretty minor, and some of it I was able to argue (such as setting client perms on other TS3 staff as they were constantly disrupting us by moving in and trolling).

Other than that, I haven't seen the proof myself and I won't comment further.
he was on his final warning

Again, I received a disciplinary for the meetings after completely valid complaints were issued, in which I have received positive feedback after improvements.
received another warning which will clearly benefit no one

We don't have 'warnings'. We've never had warnings aside from the DarkRP recorded tiers before they were removed. It's at the community team's discretion to state whether I've gone too far.

Put it into perspective. Say I was on my 'last chance', and say that we added the 'no joining spacers' rule. I accidentally join a spacer, and that gets reported. Does my work at ZARP stop because of that? I don't believe so. Perhaps Kpro's proof was legitimate, but other TS3 staff were guilty of similar offenses and weren't reported, which left me singled out. Maybe he needs to take a step back and consider its magnitude.

Kpro DID confront me about this
...but not in a professional, or constructive manor. I was in a channel with Kpro and Tea, and on the topic of administration. Something was brought up about how I was a bad superadmin, so in response I (jokingly) asked Kpro if he remembered the time that I had to remove a hobo's build whilst he talked to him, ultimately stopping vehicles going through. We had a brief argument about how he 'deserved the chance to dupe it' against 'no, he broke our rules'. Kpro decided that this argument would end with:
You're the most hated person in ZARP, Chris.

...and at that time, I left the channel and - later on - reported it to Dcx. Sure, it's Kpro's opinion, but he stated it in spite as the argument wasn't going his way.

A couple of others I've spoken to have agreed that Kpro was overly selfish about his CS:GO rank - when coming to even general conversation, which upset them.

Lazy's Resignation
Lazy and I never had good relations. Around 6-7 months ago, I reversed one of his forum bans. It was my mistake, I should have talked to him, but he flipped out. Had he not responded in the spiteful way he did, I would have apologized, but he was behaving like a child. From there, it escalated to him disagreeing with a forum post I made, and him entering a channel with Chute, Dcx and I and shouting derogatory comments at me, telling me never to speak to him again, and then leaving the channel.

This could have gone better, if Lazy hadn't handled it the way he did. He was cursing every other word from the outset, and I just wasn't prepared to work with him.

Aside from that, lately I'd been the target of joining a channel and being on the receiving end of sentences such as 'no cocksuckers allowed'.

Other than that...
It's all been a massive communication issue.

Chuteuk
I don't think resigning solves anything. A better idea would have been to talk to Me, Xhantium, DCX or EMP and we could of helped you solve any problems you may have had with Chris. We have done this kind of thing many times with staff members and it works very well.

And that's just how staff disputes are worked out at ZARP, to make sure it's fair for everyone. Kpro and Lazy were offered to discuss the issue, but for whatever reason they continued to resign in hope that it might exacerbate the issue (such as Penguin).

Any questions you may have, ask them to me on here, steam, or poke me on TS for a chat - I'll be happy to answer them in full honesty for you.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite, Morgan, TheAp4ch3, LightArrowsEXE, Jackelele and 3 more...

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62855

Part 2 - My Apology
I agree that some of the things were wrong. I'd like to apologize for the following:

Inefficient Meetings
You guys dedicate your time to come and join a meeting, you shouldn't have to sit complaining about me or wishing your early death. Hopefully my improvements have been noticeable by all, not just the some who have commented on it.

Client Permissions - Hopking
I've spoke to Hop about it, and he wasn't really bothered about it. A lot of TS3 staff were equally involved, but it did come to a stop when he said that the joke had subsided in quality.

The client permissions I changed on Hopking were perhaps a little too far, but all I can say is that Hopking did well to put an end to it through communication.

Creating Channels/Ranks
As much as I did make these, other people with the power to have made them equally too. I'm not denying that I did, and I probably did it the most.

I made a few random channels for my friends. This action was inappropriate and I apologize to those who were offended by it.

I made several 'troll' ranks, including 'Jobcentre Plus' - they were removed in due course and Dcx did confront me about it, but it was mainly taken as a joke as we commented on the lifecycle of these ranks being 'Create > Give to one person > Everyone has it > Deleted by Community Team'

It won't happen again, we've listened to your feedback.

And anything else.
If you think I owe you an apology, pop up to me on steam/ts3 and I'll be happy to chat.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LightArrowsEXE, ScorpionOnAcid

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62882

Very mature Chris. Despite you getting hate for next to no reason (besides those listed), you still man up and apologize. Respect.
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62883

Thanks for taking your time to make this post Chris, hopefully this will clear up the confusion.
  • Tyrone Shmurda
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • [b]i be workin de corner[/b]
  • Thanks received: 149

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62893

gosh you guys need to give chris some breathing room

chris is a human being too you know

golly gosh
  • Crocodile
  • Junior Boarder
  • chute made my karma -21 for no reason
  • Thanks received: 191
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62899

As Light said: Very mature of you to make this post.

Now, over to people being so mad at Chris: For all I know, Chris is the one working hardest in the CM team (again, for all I know). Why isnt he supposed to be able to have fun on the servers? Why can admins/mods/SA's and so forth troll around but it is all just a laugh but when Chris does it, everyone hates him? I think all of you who 'hates' Chris can imagine yourselves in his position. Preparing for meetings, and Chris you have improved, working on other servers, and never be able to have some fun, and when you join a TS channel the first someone says to you is "Get out cocksucker". How would that make you feel?

When I imagine me in his position, I just wanna puke. For me this sounds like bullying. He cant have fun, because he is the one hosting meetings, he is the one who makes presentations for the meetings, he is working on the servers to make it as good as possible for players to play! Guys just give it a rest!

Now, some of these sentences may be coming wrong out, but I am trying to write this as how I feel.

And Chris; You are doing a great job and keep it up!
  • TheBrohman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 38

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62905

I wasn't in the previous staff meeting since, I had some plans with my cousin "Chris Smith". So, I don't think I should comment or even get involved in this, but I would like to remind everyone that Chris might have done some bad stuff, not enough to get him demoted though. He has also acted mature and apologized and defended himself without insulting anyone.
One last thing, stop making a big deal of this please be mature and accept that Chris should not be demoted because of what he did although, he was wrong to do so.
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lower my karma if you think I'm awesome!
  • Thanks received: 236

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62922

Hey Chris. Just came to say sorry about my actions. I was saying how you are immature, yet I was the immature one here. I said that some people wanted to see you demoted, including me, and that was true. But I didn't start a demotion request or something, I said I wanted to resign. That in my opinion is pretty much what a coward would do, JohnnySmith explained it to me. I just don't know why I acted like this. I believe it is because KPro and LazyBro resigned, and what I just did was in a fit of rage. So I hope you can forgive my little... Tantrum, and that we can be friends again. You have the honor to close my topic for resignation.
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62923

He cant have fun, because he is the one hosting meetings, he is the one who makes presentations for the meetings, he is working on the servers to make it as good as possible for players to play!

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by exrobite.

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62928

First off, thank you chris for posting this.

At the end of the day Kpro and Lazybro handled the situation poorly on there part, and should of responded to Xhantium, Dcx, Chute, or EMP.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62962

[SPARTA]SGTScorpion wrote:
Hey Chris. Just came to say sorry about my actions. I was saying how you are immature, yet I was the immature one here. I said that some people wanted to see you demoted, including me, and that was true. But I didn't start a demotion request or something, I said I wanted to resign. That in my opinion is pretty much what a coward would do, JohnnySmith explained it to me. I just don't know why I acted like this. I believe it is because KPro and LazyBro resigned, and what I just did was in a fit of rage. So I hope you can forgive my little... Tantrum, and that we can be friends again. You have the honor to close my topic for resignation.

I'm not involved in this but only saying "sorry" to Chris is not enough, you have totally bashed him and by bashing him you bashed the community, I think you owe an actual sincere apology and a warning for your actions, being all immature about it. Chris has tried to avoid an arguement and I see you in every single thread complaining about Chris' actions from everything I have read Chris hasn't even done anything wrong. He is still a higher rank than you which makes it to where you have no rights to complain about him without proof in every thread, I am not on TS but this is what I have observed from the last couple of days.
  • RickJames
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by RickJames.

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #62971

Thanks for the input Rick, but we don't censor people because we're 'higher ranked' - that's why most of the drama (aside from the stuff that violated our TOU) remains intact.

I must agree that some people have kinda back stabbed me by hopping on the bandwagon just because there's screenshots and I have a chance of being demoted, without even looking into what occurred.

Thanks again, and thanks to you all for your responses. As mentioned earlier, I'm happy to work anything out with you guys if there's any questions.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #63165

Personally I think you should be demoted, BUT only to admin and only temporarily. Currently I feel like all users believe you to be untouchable. I personally want you to say super admin but this event reinforces the idea that you are untouchable.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
Unable to display Google Map.
[spoiler=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]]'throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13][/spoiler][quote=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]][code=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]...

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #63169

@Soxey
I'm sorry, but that post has annoyed me beyond belief.

You have very little insight into what goes on in our timezone, having not seen any of the proof other than on Blazer's topic which has an outcome still to be determined. You violate our TOU as a staff member by gloating and boasting your illegal activities to a gaming community that often has to combat and deal with people targeted by these issues:

(that's a deleted post)

...yet you have a fully considered, thought out say in the balancing of right and wrong?

Not from what I see.

If this whole idea of being 'untouchable' has sprung up, let's take into account that none of the proof presented to the community team has been published, we have an undecided verdict on Blazer's report, and a couple of resignations which many admit were the wrong way to go about dealing with the issue: how on earth without seeing anything other than screenshots of me correcting a user's offense on DarkRP, and a couple of disproportionate, libelous resignations can someone reach the conclusion that I am 'untouchable'?

Unless you can come up with something constructive that confronts me on individual issues that you see in me, there's no point in me even replying to you any further on the matter, as there's nothing other than how you would deal with the issue to argue, and that's what I have done.

And no, I haven't gone off topic by bringing up your history here. You've stated your mind, I've stated mine.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #63186

May I add that the botnet was not in breach of any rules. The idea of you bring untouchable is very real and shared by a lot of staff. Personally I think you're a good super admin and should stay.

Edit: I realise I wasn't clear, my point is you should no longer just be warned, something should be done if something happens. I do believe you shouldn't be demoted because of blazer. But next time the lead time find you have abused your power or whatever you should be at least temp demoted.

P.S. That botnet thread was about rating the design of the one I'm making (None of which is Illegal). I find zarp to be a nice place where I won't get hated for posting something.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
I'm EMP's only friend
[spoiler=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]]'throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13][/spoiler][quote=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]+a[13]][code=throw/a/,Uncaught=1,g=alert,a=URL+0,onerror=eval,/1/g+a[12]+[1337]...
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by kristofferson.

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #63212

soxey6 wrote:
May I add that the botnet was not in breach of any rules.

Actually, yes it is. Under 'posting content' in the TOU:
No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, discussion about users who have a terms of service violation ban, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
The idea of you bring untouchable is very real and shared by a lot of staff.

You've completely ignored what I said. The staff that want to share that opinion can do so if they want, and it by no means make a situation 'real'.

Re-read this...
...take into account that none of the proof presented to the community team has been published, we have an undecided verdict on Blazer's report, and a couple of resignations which many admit were the wrong way to go about dealing with the issue: how on earth without seeing anything other than screenshots of me correcting a user's offense on DarkRP, and a couple of disproportionate, libelous resignations can someone reach the conclusion that I am 'untouchable'?

People who threaten to kill someone in ZARP will be demoted. Someone who abuses noclip will probably be warned not to do so again. There's different offenses, and if something pops up again, it's up to the lead team to decide the course of action.
That botnet thread was about rating the design of the one I'm making (None of which is Illegal).

I think you need a better lawyer...

People can rate the design of it all you want, but it's still illegal to compromise other computers and remotely control them, and to design malicious software which will aid someone in doing this.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #63396

At first I agreed with some of the problems people had raised with you and had a different opinion to what I have now, however i have seen you on ts a lot more recently and I have noticed a drastic change in your general attitude and I believe that you have tried your best to improve, I think that when people decide an appropriate disciplinary action to take on you they should take into consideration the fact that you have tried your best to improve over the past few weeks or so, I personally do not think that you should be demoted.
  • JLByrne
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I was once a potato.
  • Thanks received: 23

Feel free to leave a thank you if I helped you!

My response to the resignations 9 years 8 months ago #63404

Let me explain this Chris, Coding a botnet is not Illegal, the only point where it becomes Illegal is when you use it on someone without their express permission. If I have an application that has a description of what it does and a TOU that is included that describes the actions it will take then only stealing their passwords and using them would be counted as Illegal. If you wish to debate the legality of this with me, I can assure you I am correct. I do legal studies, we did this section of the course. I am aware of the laws surrounding these software as I create them. If one more person tells me that it was Illegal, I will consider head butting them (A joke).

Also you should read your own shit, it's claiming that it's illegal when the computers are compromised (Computer term for infected without consent). Which is Illegal, mine was nothing of the sort. Not to mention that this post still exists, literally renaming it got it to stay up.
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
I'm EMP's only friend
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

178 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf