Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anyone fancy a change on the forums?

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51811

Well as everyone knows the forums seems to only have lists of endless moderator applications and ban appeals. The one or two fun topics are either locked or removed. No idea why anyone would remove it as it is better to see than lists of mod apps.

If the reason that people don't like posts like that is because it is apparently letting people post farm then surely there could be a way to make post count void on that if it actually hurts someone that much.
Also second idea I had was to make mod apps and admin apps to be posted through a template setout such as a registry form for a website where they have the questions and boxes for your answers in each of them and it is sent to one of the community managers who can then add it to their powerpoint for the meeting. This would stop my eyes from burning having to search through the forums trying to find a post that isn't a mod app.

Anyway I just wanted to know people's general opinions on this.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by LazyBro.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthVader

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51816

I second the motion.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51817

This motion clearly passes :D
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51821

First of all, we should get Xenforo which is much better than Kunena and we should get custom Forum ranks (e.g. SSRP Moderator, Forum Moderator etc.) and to stop the evil regime of not letting people post what they want!
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 109
The following user(s) said Thank You: LazyBro

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51827

Nameful wrote:
First of all, we should get Xenforo which is much better than Kunena and we should get custom Forum ranks (e.g. SSRP Moderator, Forum Moderator etc.) and to stop the evil regime of not letting people post what they want!

First of all, Xenforo is shit. It's slower than the fucking PayPal website, has more security exploits than the US Government website and the last update was adding support for Windows Millennium edition.

TLDR: Xenforo is LOL
  • Dope
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 24

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51828

JamHot wrote:
Nameful wrote:

First of all, Xenforo is shit. It's slower than the fucking PayPal website, has more security exploits than the US Government website and the last update was adding support for Windows Millennium edition.

I've no idea where you got that information.. I've tried out Xenforo and it's very fast and safe. The last update was also a few weeks, if not months ago.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51830

Nameful wrote:
JamHot wrote:
Nameful wrote:

I've no idea where you got that information.. I've tried out Xenforo and it's very fast and safe. The last update was also a few weeks, if not months ago.

Xen looks nice but we use Joomla. Kuena is just the forum addon.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nameful

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51831

Chris wrote:
Nameful wrote:
JamHot wrote:
Nameful wrote:

Xen looks nice but we use Joomla. Kuena is just the forum addon.

If not Xenforo, then vBulletin, which is a little bit slower. I'm begging you on my knees, change the forums and add Staff members ranks please! We need some changes!
Thanks.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51833

If not Xenforo, then vBulletin, which is a little bit slower. I'm begging you on my knees, change the forums and add Staff members ranks please! We need some changes!
Thanks.

Rank images are available in Joomla (for example our ZARP VIP rank with badge), but I can imagine our members (for example me) with all my badges from ts on Forum:

Developer, TS3 Staff, Forum Moderator, DarkRP Admin, Deathrun Staff, Minecraft Staff, ZARP CS GO Team, ZARP LoL Team, ZARP Volounteer 2014.

Can you imagine this?
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51839

GregoryTWIX wrote:
If not Xenforo, then vBulletin, which is a little bit slower. I'm begging you on my knees, change the forums and <strong>add Staff members ranks</strong> please! We need some changes!
Thanks.

Rank images are available in Joomla (for example our ZARP VIP rank with badge), but I can imagine our members (for example me) with all my badges from ts on Forum:

Developer, TS3 Staff, Forum Moderator, DarkRP Admin, Deathrun Staff, Minecraft Staff, ZARP CS GO Team, ZARP LoL Team, ZARP Volounteer 2014.

Can you imagine this?

"ZARP CS GO Team, ZARP LoL Team, ZARP Volounteer 2014" These aint no staff ranks these are just TeamSpeak badges that some people added.....

Plus why did this thread got like people talking about two different things... :/
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51841

TiGzTeR wrote:
GregoryTWIX wrote:
If not Xenforo, then vBulletin, which is a little bit slower. I'm begging you on my knees, change the forums and <strong>add Staff members ranks</strong> please! We need some changes!
Thanks.

Can you imagine this?

"ZARP CS GO Team, ZARP LoL Team, ZARP Volounteer 2014" These aint no staff ranks these are just TeamSpeak badges that some people added.....

Plus why did this thread got like people talking about two different things... :/

Yep, I agree. All we need is ranks like "SSRP Moderator", "SSRP Admin", "SSRP Superadmin", "Community manager" etc.
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder

Anyone fancy a change on the forums? 9 years 10 months ago #51842

As we're mainly a DarkRP community, probably for the best if it's just darkrp and community ranks.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nameful
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

273 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT