Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SegataSam: Moderator Resignation

SegataSam: Moderator Resignation 10 years 3 weeks ago #44046

Hello once again. I am here to explain my recent inactivity and eventual resignation from the moderator position.

I used to play ZARP a year ago. The server shut down around that time because of repeated DDOS. I was upset by the loss of the server, and found myself wandering around other servers. It was then that I took a break from Garry's Mod entirely - upon returning, I found that ZARP was back! I had always thought of the community as one of the greatest, and I find this to still be the case.

Since I was gifted the Moderator position, I have noticed that the ZARP Community is isolating itself - when I joined TeamSpeak I used to see everyone in one chat room enjoying themselves... now I see most people in Staff-Only chatrooms or in server-exclusive chatrooms with as little as 3 people in at a time - I understand the reasoning that many have for doing this, but I felt far more isolated from the community than I had been comfortable with.

Despite these community issues, my primary reason is that I have recently found interest in starting my own Garry's Mod community - I know that this has no place in the ZARP Staff Community and so I will take my leave in a respectful manner while I still can. I would list all members of the community and what they have done for me, but I am resigning from my moderator position and not from the server entirely (I will be far more inactive though). Members of the community such as Beck and Hopking welcomed me with open arms when I joined the server for the first time, and the community efforts of Chris and dcxbigdaddy are what made me want to become a moderator in the first place... oh, and Hawky Jason - keep being epic! I thank you all, and I wish to be demoted from the moderator rank.

- Justice
- edited almost 7 years later to refer to my current username and not my old one
  • Justice
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • on-and-off for 7 years.
  • Thanks received: 125
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Justice.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phantom2207

SegataSam: Moderator Resignation 10 years 3 weeks ago #44047

Was nice having you here, SegataSam. You've done good as a moderator.
Sad to see you go. Take care in life, mate.
  • ZuaXX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 10

SegataSam: Moderator Resignation 10 years 3 weeks ago #44048

As ZuaXX said "said to see you go" I agree with that, have fun with making your own community and come on DarkRP/TeamSpeak sometimes to talk to us. Bye!

Regards.
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!
  • Thanks received: 64

SegataSam: Moderator Resignation 10 years 2 weeks ago #44309

Dear sam,

Sad to see you go man and I wish you the best!
  • Beck
  • Junior Boarder
  • "When life gives you lemons, Fist your dad"
  • Thanks received: 55
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

162 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT