Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A short history of zarp

A short history of zarp 10 years 3 months ago #37312

Hello everyone........ it's time for a history lesson of zarp! With Charles lee ray!
Even though i have a low playtime (around 40 hours) i still remember every detail of old zarp so...... lets begin shall we?

I first joined the server and i was thrilled. The time i joined there was only around 30 players or so and agent still owned the server. I recall this being nearly 8 months ago? The map was downtown. Well i had so much fun i stayed on for hours on end. Then i met a mutant called terramorph (or however you spell it) he asked me to join him in this type of lair since there were no sewers and i did. So we pretty much made our own sewers and killed everyone who went in. I also printed 800k off it. The second day was pretty exciting. Agent said we were changing map. i was told it was called Bloc_v1 or something. (this is not the current bloc oh no! this is the first ever!) So he said we were changing in 3 hours. 3 hours passed( i made 500k) and then it was time to change. So we changed, and it was a beautiful map. So simple but good......
So many days past... admins came and went mods came and went all that thing. Till i met a guy called morgan of freemans. (i dont think he remembers this) I talked to him a bit and he seen like a nice guy; he was a miner at the time. And as the story progresses i printed more and more with terra. Before i noticed morgan had VIP. And a few weeks later he was a mod! Gotta say uhhhh he wasn't great.

I had great times with agent and Zart. Both fun guys. Also smallville! Thanks for being a awesome mod :) you knew how to do things correctly. Well during the last 6 months many new faces emerged and they were kind and helpful. I remember seeing baron come on for the first time (i pretty sure you dont remember me but i remember you). He the only one i could remember there were others.

Then came the day which agent sold ZARP to chute. That day was horrifying what agent did. Kinda ruined everything of a good owner. (lol he now plays on propkill servers) He was abusing his powers with slay etc killing everyone at spawn. I'm pretty sure many of you can remember agent's rampage just as well as jeffs! Luckily he was banned in time along with Zart (well i think....)

And thats how the forums changed TA DA and so did the server. Many new mods came on and it was great fun. Pay 4 mod has gone away because it was a agent thing and people abused it.

Then the next rampage...... Jeffs. I not sure if this was worse than agents...... I wasn't exactly there when the rampage started but i got on near to the end. First time i got on i was slayed. This rampage went on for quite a while till a super admin came to save the day and ban him. So hopefully we wont have any more rampages, still jeff was a nice guy. Why would he do it?

Were nearly at the present day so lets do this! Many people had been promoted to admin during the time after agent and they look after the server so well. It's a pleasure to be here but i can no longer do my mutant printing sprees :(
:dry: :dry: :dry: Well it's the present zarp now with all new servers like JB murder, and heavy balls.
:lol: Well that was your history lesson!
`See you in the game
  • Charles
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dope

A short history of zarp 10 years 3 months ago #37314

That was the most sexiest story... i finished.
  • blackfox
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Too. Much. Caffeine.
  • Thanks received: 5
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by blackfox.

A short history of zarp 10 years 3 months ago #37315

I agree 100%, all the new servers now and proper updates to RP its very nice :woohoo:
Charles wrote:
Hello everyone........ it's time for a history lesson of zarp! With Charles lee ray!
Even though i have a low playtime (around 40 hours) i still remember every detail of old zarp so...... lets begin shall we?

I first joined the server and i was thrilled. The time i joined there was only around 30 players or so and agent still owned the server. I recall this being nearly 8 months ago? The map was downtown. Well i had so much fun i stayed on for hours on end. Then i met a mutant called terramorph (or however you spell it) he asked me to join him in this type of lair since there were no sewers and i did. So we pretty much made our own sewers and killed everyone who went in. I also printed 800k off it. The second day was pretty exciting. Agent said we were changing map. i was told it was called Bloc_v1 or something. (this is not the current bloc oh no! this is the first ever!) So he said we were changing in 3 hours. 3 hours passed( i made 500k) and then it was time to change. So we changed, and it was a beautiful map. So simple but good......
So many days past... admins came and went mods came and went all that thing. Till i met a guy called morgan of freemans. (i dont think he remembers this) I talked to him a bit and he seen like a nice guy; he was a miner at the time. And as the story progresses i printed more and more with terra. Before i noticed morgan had VIP. And a few weeks later he was a mod! Gotta say uhhhh he wasn't great.

I had great times with agent and Zart. Both fun guys. Also smallville! Thanks for being a awesome mod :) you knew how to do things correctly. Well during the last 6 months many new faces emerged and they were kind and helpful. I remember seeing baron come on for the first time (i pretty sure you dont remember me but i remember you). He the only one i could remember there were others.

Then came the day which agent sold ZARP to chute. That day was horrifying what agent did. Kinda ruined everything of a good owner. (lol he now plays on propkill servers) He was abusing his powers with slay etc killing everyone at spawn. I'm pretty sure many of you can remember agent's rampage just as well as jeffs! Luckily he was banned in time along with Zart (well i think....)

And thats how the forums changed TA DA and so did the server. Many new mods came on and it was great fun. Pay 4 mod has gone away because it was a agent thing and people abused it.

Then the next rampage...... Jeffs. I not sure if this was worse than agents...... I wasn't exactly there when the rampage started but i got on near to the end. First time i got on i was slayed. This rampage went on for quite a while till a super admin came to save the day and ban him. So hopefully we wont have any more rampages, still jeff was a nice guy. Why would he do it?

Were nearly at the present day so lets do this! Many people had been promoted to admin during the time after agent and they look after the server so well. It's a pleasure to be here but i can no longer do my mutant printing sprees :(
:dry: :dry: :dry: Well it's the present zarp now with all new servers like JB murder, and heavy balls.
:lol: Well that was your history lesson!
`See you in the game
  • Dope
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 24

A short history of zarp 10 years 3 months ago #37318

Let me just say that this story really fails to look at the people involved correctly. If you hadn't realized, Agent had always played on propkill servers, he wanted to move on from ZARP which is why he contacted Chute regarding acquiring it.

As for Jeff, it wasn't even his name. He was using it to minge. He was authorized superadmin powers by Agent to do exactly this, and resulted in banning most of the staff leaving us helpless on the server; the chances are that you had never even met a 'Jeff' because he was in fact Shell, who rarely came on the RP server as he had no interest in it.

He was a cool guy, yeah, but I'm not sure exactly why you're trying to say that he is using his alias: suggests to me that you really wrote that bit without a clear insight (considering you probably made that statement having never met him).

It's a good story for you to have wrote, so I applaud you on that, but it really lacks accurate information in the management transition.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Chris.
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

157 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf