Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27629

CHANGE LOG
25/10/13

22:55 Right, at long last - the map is now completed. Over the weekend, I shall get the final compile and that will mean that the map will be ready for usage on the server! :D

17:41 For you petrol heads on the RP server, there has been an additional Petrol Station added. It is much smaller but it is located at the other side of the map.

Additionally, the shopping area (4 shops) has been doubled with an additional floor being added.

24/10/13

18:52 Its been a very long time since Ive actually been mapping and here is why. Initially I couldn't get hammer to work until earlier this week and over the past 24hrs, been up and down from the hospital. Anyway enough of personal matters; shall get the guns firing again and get this finished for you guys :)

08/10/13

21:05: Haven't been keeping this up-to-date for extremely small trivial aspects. Anyway Ill try to summarise everything in this list:
  • Cave implementation
  • Industrial part which cave is located
  • Traffic lights installed at several areas (junction lights and 1 set of pedestrian lights)
  • Minor changes to roads to try and improve move-ability around the map
  • Few building details (fixing window frames etc)
In addition, I know roughly how long a full map compile takes (55-60 mins). This means that if I carry out some optimisation, it could reduce that time AND improve general FPS etc whilst online.

Hopefully I remember to keep you guys informed but its rather easy to forget :/

30/09/13

11:30 Morning all. Just to say that whilst I haven't been able to speak to agent (as he was at work) I decided that it would be for the best to start some small details to make the map look more detailed and interesting in certain aspects. One suggestion was the use of traffic lights - which are now being implemented at certain areas of the map (not every junction).

If I remember correctly, there was also a suggestion for pedestrian crossing lights (light is always green unless the player presses a button to cross the road). As the server has the car killing ability, this set of lights could give players the safety to cross (if the drivers are safe - but as its gmod who am I kidding??)

Here is the above image explained:
ROAD A traffic light turns green for 20 seconds whereas ROAD B traffic light is at red
ROAD A traffic lights turn to amber/orange whereas ROAD B traffic light is at red
ROAD A traffic lights turn to red and ROAD B traffic light is at red
ROAD B traffic light turns green for 20 seconds whereas ROAD A traffic light is at red
ROAD B traffic lights turn to amber/orange whereas ROAD A traffic light is at red
ROAD B traffic lights turn to red and ROAD A traffic light is at red
Pedestrians are given 10seconds to cross at marked lines before the above sequence repeats itself

28/09/13

22:33 Going to call it a rap for tonight. Before I can go any further forward, I require additional information from agent about the next part of the map, plus I need to test fully what has been completed to date to ensure that there are no noticeable problems. Apart from that, hopefully everybody is having a good Saturday evening and I shall update you all again at some point tomorrow :D

19:36 Many people were wondering what would happen to the skyscraper. My solution to this problem was to create a fairly moderate but open room. This allows the player to purchase a space and can use for whatever purpose they may use.

14:41 Finally completed the residential area. Here is the 4 apartments which all have parking. 2 flats on the left have on-street parking and the 2 flats on the right have off street parking.

02:56 Just finished the 2nd big house. This house has unique features in comparison to the other "big" house in the residential area. This includes having a garage for vehicles and/or items.

27/09/13

19:49 Whenever agent comes online, I will be doing another private test with him to resolve any current problems with the map (bugs, human error, corrections etc). I hope to have most of the construction work on the map completed by the beginning of next week (houses & skyscraper). Of course, there is still plenty more to be completed before it is eventually used on the server & tested by other members from the community (but that is for agent to decide ;) )

17:01 Did a lighting test to see if any areas of the map were too dark/too light at street level. To this, I realised why removing the lighting from the tunnels wasn't such a smart idea - as it was pitch black :P

In addition, I've made additional edits to the multi-storey ... again!

01:13 Decided just to finish the layout of the house so here it is:

00:38 Morning guys! Took a couple of days away from mapping as I was beginning to get fed up with opening SDK. Anyway, enough of my personal stuff - straight into the map details.

I am currently in the process of buildings the houses within the residential area. Each building will be unique with parking facilities (driveway, garage or street parking). Here is a picture of the first building which I'm still in the process of completing.

Right I will be going to bed now after another busy week (with little mapping). Friday will provide the best opportunity to try and complete the rest of the houses effectively and then that'll be another step towards major constructions being completed! :D

23/09/13

18:39 As I mentioned earlier this morning, I have now completed the surrounding cliffline within the residential area. Additionally, I have altered the height of the up ramp within the multi-storey car park.

Finally, I shall be resuming work on the map on Wednesday! :)

01:05 Haven't mapped as much this weekend as I had originally hoped for however, this doesn't mean that I haven't done anything. I have got the residential area marked out and have begun to start the major features (roads, pavements, perimeter etc).

The image below displays the residential area. Although it doesn't currently look attractive, the nodraw (yellow blocks) will have a cliff surface within the next couple of hours. Additionally the screenshot shows a mini-roundabout (which made Master crack up).

22/09/13

13:44 Got a cheeky request from agent to make an additional level to the multi-storey. I have done so and currently in the process of developing the map perimeter around the car park.

03:27 Added a couple of fixes to the multi-storey which includes additional turning space when accessing ramps, bollards to stop vehicles from falling into pedestrian staircase and support walls to prevent vehicles getting wedged between walls.

02:11 After a couple of hours with making this change, I am proud to present - the second level to the car park which now classes it as a "multi-storey". With access to the 2 levels with separate ramps (1 up and 1 down) it should be easy to get your vehicle parked. Additionally, those who are more observant: you will notice that the "empty" skyscraper has been reshaped. This is in preparation for construction which will occur sometime after the suburbs/residential area which I shall start work on later this afternoon (whenever I get out of bed
The topic has been locked.

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27630

I'm going to sticky this topic.
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 19

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27633

Moved to 1 DarkRP Forum Section as its about this server.
  • Bobai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 30

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27635

I'm going to move it back because this is important, and the only ZARP server available atm really is DarkRP - and people tend not to be so active in this section.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27642

Zart wrote:
Do not move, Lock or unsticky this thread.

You're welcome <3 :3
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27645

Very nice! :)
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27704

Fantastic progress! I'm sure it will turn out well.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27718

Thanks very much guys but there is still a long way to go right now. Hopefully I wont be causing an extreme disruption to everybody who enjoys playing on this server.

If you have a suggestion or feedback from testing the map, please do so in 1 of the following places:
  1. Post a comment in this thread (which is updated DAILY)
  2. Send me a PM on the forum containing your information (suggestion and/or feedback)
  3. Send information onto Agentlulz who will then notify me

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27719

ap!Admin base, where there are cameras all over the map! :D
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27720

Jacob wrote:

This idea, I want it.
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27726

£I'mBritish£ wrote:
Jacob wrote:

This idea, I want it.

I do not.

It would be a waste of time, nobody would use the cameras.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27728

RRRRRRRAAAAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEEETTTTTTTRRRRRRAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
<:
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27729

DJ Exro + Dave The Balloonicorn wrote:
RRRRRRRAAAAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEEETTTTTTTRRRRRRAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
<:

Agent has said SERIOUS ONLY SUGGESTIONS.

exro pls.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27731

Christopher wrote:
£I'mBritish£ wrote:
Jacob wrote:

This idea, I want it.

I do not.

No, like RT acreen :3
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27733

Christopher wrote:
£I'mBritish£ wrote:
Jacob wrote:

This idea, I want it.

I do not.

How wouldnt we use them? If we are mod/admin on duty, and we have spare time, we can watch the cameras, and spot rule breakers
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27779

Jacob wrote:
Christopher wrote:
£I'mBritish£ wrote:
Jacob wrote:

This idea, I want it.

I do not.

How wouldnt we use them? If we are mod/admin on duty, and we have spare time, we can watch the cameras, and spot rule breakers

Noclipping is much easier - adding this is a bit too tedious. People would be like "OH COOL OMG LOL CAMERA" - for one sole week. Then the development time put into it is useless, because people just go back to noclipping.

Mods aren't even allowed in the admin room unless brought by an admin, and I don't believe that you can even see players/entities on a screen if you're outside a certain radius.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27782

Christopher wrote:
Noclipping is much easier - adding this is a bit too tedious. People would be like "OH COOL OMG LOL CAMERA" - for one sole week. Then the development time put into it is useless, because people just go back to noclipping.

Mods aren't even allowed in the admin room unless brought by an admin, and I don't believe that you can even see players/entities on a screen if you're outside a certain radius.

From my experience, these kind of cameras do bug out quite frequently especially in Multiplier (whether its the radius theory idk) but you make a point which I think agent has already said to myself: there are far more important items which require my attention in particular.

An admin room may help the admins but the benefit won't be noticed by most players whereas reconstructing a building should be visible to all and may provide greater benefits.

Looking at what I've already completed since being given the task, it proves that I have my work cut out and therefore major issues will be attended to first (such as additional living space). Once all of the major construction has been completed, minor details follow (such as traffic lights) :)

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27784

Christopher wrote:
Jacob wrote:
Christopher wrote:
£I'mBritish£ wrote:
Jacob wrote:

This idea, I want it.

I do not.

I guess you're right, but what if the mods couldnt teleport to the place where the camera is? By clicking on the screen? :P
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27792

make your own map instead of editing another, maps turd anyway
  • zolga
  • User is blocked

EDITING rp_bloc42_v2_d 10 years 7 months ago #27795

zolga wrote:
make your own map instead of editing another, maps turd anyway

How this helps the overall project is beyond me but to answer it regardless: Agent asked me to edit this to the community specifications so that is what he will get.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

187 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf