Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Current map ideas.

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27358

We are looking into expanding the DarkRP server's current map, however, we need your ideas and suggestions, if there is something you think should be implemented in the next edit, post it here.
  • Konth
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 15
[align=center:1xhz7bgy] [/align:1xhz7bgy]
Login or register to post a reply.

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27359

A forest!
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27360

Yeah, like a forest, and in it, is a little cabin. Not to big, not to small, I'd love that :D
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 19

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27361

A lake with a boat in the middle.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27362

A Asylum
  • gordonbrown
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 18
Rape Time

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27363

A forest with a creepy old house, and a npc that is a witch. :D DD

then u could so something funny like, ' follow this path for candy ' and people would follow. And when they went in the house, they would get trapped into the cauldron, and eaten!! AHAHAHA
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27364

Increase the PD to a Nexus style building, as well as adding warehouses and an industrial district.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27373

Well.... Some more sewer shit wouldn't do any bad... And maybe like... make another specific mutant spawn thing? Many people go down there and base or do shit when they're not allowed because mutant spawn isn't really specific.... So I was thinking of another small room (Ramp to go to it) That had creepy shit around and stuff.... that'd make it clearer and cooler.

EDIT; I mean like... A medium sized place with ruined-room like thing (Like the ruins at current spawn, that have some small defined rooms and shit) with some debris around and a cool door thing...
  • Terramorphous
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27374

Terramorphous wrote:
EDIT; I mean like... A medium sized place with ruined-room like thing (Like the ruins at current spawn, that have some small defined rooms and shit) with some debris around and a cool door thing...

And @Konth, you can use your "naughty bastard" thing from propkill here to prevent people basing unless they are a mutant.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27380

Jacob wrote:
A forest!
With a sea!
At the bottom of the sea there would be a secret ownable passage into a room without water, where you could base!
  • Silent phoenix
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 9

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27382

A cinema, then add cinema manager who plays youtube videos for a price.
  • AnarchyTM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 41

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27401

Make sure the new map has a pool. Ahh.. I can see it now. Me Curtis Konth Agent and Zart and Exro sitting at the pool enjoying a nice vodka.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27406

I think the map for the DarkRP is definitely n question for expansion. I believe several features could be added to improve it.

First off, there really isn't enough places for a large 80 person server to operate - part of the reason skybases have been so popular in the past. Keep in mind that making the map to big (Evocity, for example) may drop the player count. I would recommend the map stay at a size comparable to the one it is now, but add new rooms, buildings in a more distributed and compact way (C18, or C17, for example). Making some sub-points here to go along with the idea I am presenting

- The map should have a more hotel-street setting. Make the streets more closed and the buildings taller.
- Add more alleyways (small, narrow, and dark alleyways would be prefered, but add some that you can drive a car through).
- Minimize the amount of warehouses to about 3.

Now, it has come to my attention that the current map doesn't have a quality government building/police station. I would love to see an expanded "Mayors office"- one that wasn't small and compact, but also other features, such as a better jail, city-street cameras (There is a very nice script for this using the npc called "Ceiling Camera", still trying to locate), and stop-lights. Here is some features that I would suggest:

- Larger, more skyscraper-based government building.
- Bigger "Mayors office" that is at the top of the building.
- Bunker for Mayor.
- Larger jail-cells and overall jail. I believe it should be partially submerged under the street, and have higher security.
- Street cameras, also cameras in the government center and jail. The monitors for the cameras should be in the government center.
- Alarm that is turned on upon lockdown. Make sure that it is heard ALL OVER THE MAP (and that its not obnoxiously loud)
- Perhaps a garage for police vehicles.
- Give the government center secret entrances apart from the main one, so its not unraidable.

To continue, I'd be miscellaneous, so I'll list out some other features I would like to see.

- Night time setting/Day/Night cycle.
- Working subway would be awesome.
- The mines should be more-mine like. Make them look like they belong there!
- Stop lights and streetlights.
- Larger and more confusing sewers for Terra, ;)

I've been planning on making a map since I worked on Archimedes Gaming earlier this summer. This dream carried on to 4Cubes. If Konth/Agentlulz need help, I'll be happy to work on it when I finally get some free-time. If you want to see a map that I think would be an excellent example of what ZARP needs, look at Industrial17.
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27407

Archangel wrote:
I think the map for the DarkRP is definitely n question for expansion. I believe several features could be added to improve it.

First off, there really isn't enough places for a large 80 person server to operate - part of the reason skybases have been so popular in the past. Keep in mind that making the map to big (Evocity, for example) may drop the player count. I would recommend the map stay at a size comparable to the one it is now, but add new rooms, buildings in a more distributed and compact way (C18, or C17, for example). Making some sub-points here to go along with the idea I am presenting

- The map should have a more hotel-street setting. Make the streets more closed and the buildings taller.
- Add more alleyways (small, narrow, and dark alleyways would be prefered, but add some that you can drive a car through).

Now, it has come to my attention that the current map doesn't have a quality government building/police station. I would love to see an expanded "Mayors office"- one that wasn't small and compact, but also other features, such as a better jail, city-street cameras (There is a very nice script for this using the npc called "Ceiling Camera", still trying to locate), and stop-lights. Here is some features that I would suggest:

- Bunker for Mayor.
- Larger jail-cells and overall jail. I believe it should be partially submerged under the street, and have higher security.
- Street cameras, also cameras in the government center and jail. The monitors for the cameras should be in the government center.
- Alarm that is turned on upon lockdown. Make sure that it is heard ALL OVER THE MAP (and that its not obnoxiously loud)
- Give the government center secret entrances apart from the main one, so its not unraidable.

To continue, I'd be miscellaneous, so I'll list out some other features I would like to see.

I've been planning on making a map since I worked on Archimedes Gaming earlier this summer. This dream carried on to 4Cubes. If Konth/Agentlulz need help, I'll be happy to work on it when I finally get some free-time. If you want to see a map that I think would be an excellent example of what ZARP needs, look at Industrial17.

Haha the sewers - Not a fan of the lights though. They are more for PERP
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27413

Archangel wrote:
- Bunker for Mayor.

Probably the most creative thing I've heard yet.

+s
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27415

Morgan Of Freemans wrote:
Make sure the new map has a pool. Ahh.. I can see it now. Me Curtis Konth Agent and Zart and Exro sitting at the pool enjoying a nice vodka.
Id be drinking a martini

Shaken, not stirred
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27417

DJ Exro + Dave The Balloonicorn wrote:
Morgan Of Freemans wrote:
Id be drinking a martini

Shaken, not stirred
Hahaha
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27421

Archangel wrote:

- Bunker for Mayor.

OH man... TY! :D
  • Terramorphous
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5

Current map ideas. 10 years 7 months ago #27453

A cool admin room.
  • Curtis
  • User is blocked
  • Oldest ZARP member. Old Head Admin.
  • Thanks received: 27