Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So... Many...

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21464

[font=verdana:i17y0v1l]I really feel like over 75% of the active community is filled by moderators. This is obviously including the ones who've bought it in game and don't use the forum. And that really scares me. This is just me, but I don't agree with so many people having the ability to kick and teleport to people. I've already made a suggestion to rework the rank structure here. Most of the original players agreed with me. While I'm sure all of the players in the picture deserve it, I still strongly taking down the "purchase mod" and set up higher VIP donor ranks. And this way, you can properly keep up with your staff, and in abuse issues you know exactly who to go to. Also, the staff must be active on the forum to keep up with the growing community. Instead of just hovering over the applications like a bunch of vulchers bent on proving that they're "smart contributors" or even just smarter than the others. I just really hope this gets re looked over because it needs to be done.

Rant over.

-- Put this in general because I already suggested it.[/font:i17y0v1l]
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 8
Login or register to post a reply.

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21466

Ok, I agree with you on removing the purchase mod option because most abuse, I purchased mod but people have said I am still good. But you should not just take away mod from members already. Maybe create another rank for bought mods, but do not take it away. That is unfair.
  • Artyom Barlow
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 4

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21471

I actually never thought about more VIP ranks.

How about an option to buy in-game cash for real life cash?
Believe me, people actually do that...
  • Trails
  • Junior Boarder

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21472

I never said 'take it away' all together. I said 'Create higher VIP ranks'. Give that to the players who did donate but don't actively participate in moderating duties. Just bought it for the status.
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21475

Luclamus wrote:
I never said 'take it away' all together. I said 'Create higher VIP ranks'. Give that to the players who did donate but don't actively participate in moderating duties. Just bought it for the status.
Ok, I agree with this. I think they should be put through an assessment system if they fail they will be demoted (Change class to VIP)
  • Artyom Barlow
  • User is blocked

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21479

Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
Ok, I agree with this. I think they should be put through an assessment system if they fail they will be demoted (Change class to VIP)
I can't say I agree, because there are way too many of them and only a handful of admins. Most of which I know are kind of lazy when it comes to minuscule things like this. Including Agent, to be fair. If it's not an urgent issue I've never known him to spring onto it. Hes more concerned with the uptime of the server and updating it. *most* of the admins only concerned with players not greifing. It kind of annoys me, because most of the people serious about their job were put as mods and the ones who honestly couldn't care less where they were put were made admins and above. But eh, they all have something to contribute and I'm not going to say they don't do anything. It just annoys me.
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21481

Luclamus wrote:
Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
I can't say I agree, because there are way too many of them and only a handful of admins. Most of which I know are kind of lazy when it comes to minuscule things like this. Including Agent, to be fair. If it's not an urgent issue I've never known him to spring onto it. Hes more concerned with the uptime of the server and updating it. *most* of the admins only concerned with players not greifing. It kind of annoys me, because most of the people serious about their job were put as mods and the ones who honestly couldn't care less where they were put were made admins and above. But eh, they all have something to contribute and I'm not going to say they don't do anything. It just annoys me.
I believe we need to be more strict towards paid mods. I was the first to donate and back then I was treated the same. But then stuff appeared like "Fucking paid mods are shit" and "Yay, yet another abooser"
  • Artyom Barlow
  • User is blocked

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21483

Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
I believe we need to be more strict towards paid mods. I was the first to donate and back then I was treated the same. But then stuff appeared like "Fucking paid mods are shit" and "Yay, yet another abooser"
Because that's exactly how it was. Nobody liked the fact that you could buy it to begin with, and back then I'd get complaints all the time about abusing paid mods. But a Super-Admin was never on to regulate and I was never officially ranked in game, though I was promoted on both Jailbreak and DarkRP. Another thing that annoyed me. Though I didn't complain because I figured they'd get around to it.
This is not to say EVERY paid mod is bad. Just the margin of error is waaaaaaaaay too large and because of it we've had a lot of abuse in the past.
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21484

Luclamus wrote:
Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
Because that's exactly how it was. Nobody liked the fact that you could buy it to begin with, and back then I'd get complaints all the time about abusing paid mods. But a Super-Admin was never on to regulate and I was never officially ranked in game, though I was promoted on both Jailbreak and DarkRP. Another thing that annoyed me. Though I didn't complain because I figured they'd get around to it.
This is not to say EVERY paid mod is bad. Just the margin of error is waaaaaaaaay too large and because of it we've had a lot of abuse in the past.
Agreed, I believe that constant instances of abuse and rule breakage should result in a demote
  • Artyom Barlow
  • User is blocked

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21485

Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
Artyom Barlow wrote:
Luclamus wrote:
Agreed, I believe that constant instances of abuse and rule breakage should result in a demote
It does. But it either goes unreported, or unrecorded, which means the person wouldn't get demoted. On top of that, it happens a lot in the early morning, like 2-3 AM my time, and that's like 7-8AM Agent's time, usually no high ranking staff is on then, so we loose a lot of potential dedicated players. Which is why I made this thread, in the hopes that they'd see it, change it, and eliminate that problem all together.
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21488

Maybe we should....................... demote them.
  • Prophet
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 27
Konth And Ducky

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21491

Stop complaining about paid mods, other big communitys sell Admin for near enough the same price; including the fact moderator is the main income of the server, so far most of moderators who bought their rank haven't abused and are doing a good job.

But I think more stricter stuff should be in place such as you are only allowed to teleport to other players when MoD.
  • AnarchyTM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 41

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21497

Elmer 無政府 wrote:
Stop complaining about paid mods, other big communitys sell Admin for near enough the same price; including the fact moderator is the main income of the server, so far most of moderators who bought their rank haven't abused and are doing a good job.

But I think more stricter stuff should be in place such as you are only allowed to teleport to other players when MoD.

Most of them
  • Prophet
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 27
Konth And Ducky

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21508

Elmer 無政府 wrote:

Are you only saying that because you're a paid mod? ZARP doesn't have to be 'like other communities'. And could EASILY sell say, "Super VIP" Or "Lifetime VIP" for the same prices. This is literally only to eliminate the abuse of paid mods so it doesn't start again. AND to keep better track of the HIRED staff as opposed to having to weed through the applications. We'll know who's who and why. It's better management, better control, there literally no downside to reworking the paid subscriptions. When there are many as it stands now. It's been obvious most buy it for the position of having "Highest possible paid status" in game. It's only a matter of changing what that status is.
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21509

I kinda agree.
If you wanna ''help'' the server,you do it for free,you don't pay to do it,if to help is your true intention.
It's kinda dumb to just buy mod,people need to decide if the person is a fit for a mod.
  • WheatleyCube
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3

So... Many... 10 years 8 months ago #21510

I really think 99% of the forum is filled with mods, as well. I hardly ever see a new post by someone without rank. And if I do, it's an old post by a FORMER staff member.
  • Luclamus
  • Junior Boarder
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

207 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47