Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: There is no reason to move on.

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18055

Shutting down because of DDoS attacks seems like the worst excuse ever. Sorry, but from my experience its not the end of the world. I cant help Agent/Zarp unless the help is wanted. I offered it to Agent, been ignored for awhile. It's kind of ridiculous to ignore someone who consistently offers to help securing and growing Zarp. Maybe I'm not trusted enough yet, but would you rather have constant DDoS attacks to the point of shutting down or accept someone's dedicated help and loyalty. I check back from time to time, but honestly have grown apart from this server/community. Its one thing to be told I dont want your help, but its completely disrespectful to just be ignored period. I suggest you get a server with a hardware firewall for the billionth time and read on how to harden it.

http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/mg_64g_ssd.xml (Europe server, best price for security)

Whoever has been attacking ZARP in the past will come back. I'm guessing their only goal was to kill your player base. When it picks back up, you know what will happen again. Think ahead this time and protect your property, community, and your hard work. Also, sadly, you should highly consider lowering your max player slots on the server. It draws the attention of attackers you have recently experienced...I cant express how badly I wish you would just ponder the intelligence I try to move on to you... Best of luck to all of you...Till next time!
  • DoM
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Login or register to post a reply.

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18062

I agree if the help was asked for or even someone said there was a chance i would have talked. I didnt even have him on my friends list.
  • test1234
  • Junior Boarder

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18083

Well said, I'm getting really damn sick of the constant lag and DDOS attacks, makes it pretty damn hard to admin.
I hope agent/zart respond to you!
  • ProIslam
  • Fresh Boarder
HUR HUR REST IN PEACE KID CUDI
nochris doge and feels aren't funny

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18090

It's pretty hard to play as it is. Not only administration.
  • Thesamon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 9

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18098

ProIslam wrote:
Well said, I'm getting really damn sick of the constant lag and DDOS attacks, makes it pretty damn hard to admin.
I hope agent/zart respond to you!

Zart has his hands full and Agent is on vacation :-/. But other than that yeah I totally agree, lost count how many times I've had to explain to people why the lagg is occurring which prevents a bit of the Admin schedule :P .
  • Cardigan
  • Fresh Boarder

Rest in peace great king, forever shall you be remembered for your excellent leadership and strength in battle.

Battle of Narva
Sweden - 667 killed
1,247 wounded[8]
Russia-12,000 killed and 20.000 captured.

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18135

I'm on vacation as well. But yea...I've offered to help experience wise and money wise. I just hope this ill-managed
  • DoM
  • Fresh Boarder

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18136

DoM wrote:
http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/mg_64g_ssd.xml (Europe server, best price for security)

OVH = No support service, even on their managed package.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18145

We should get a DDOS protection that cost about 250 $ That fearless gaming is using :)

LET THE DONATE BEGIN!
  • Zeroxjeppe
  • Junior Boarder

Nothing else matters huh?

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18148

I will try to pass this on to zart and agent when he gets back because the lag is pretty bad and making players leave.
  • crack
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18149

crack wrote:
I will try to pass this on to zart and agent when he gets back because the lag is pretty bad and making players leave.

If you pass OVH on, I swear to cow - I will strangle seven kittens, smuther them in Heinz Tomato Sauce and lick them to death...

Let them look at this: http://www.link11.de/en/ddos_protection ... cAodp3wA8w
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18199

i recommend nfoservers

http://www.nfoservers.com/order-dedicated-server.php

Yes they are american but they have a custom firewall and very good support, i offered to agent lulz to pay for the servers but he declined since this is an american hosting company(p.s. Even if you live in Europe THEIR IS NO DIFFERENCE)

They also have game servers http://www.nfoservers.com/game-server-features.php which have the best features so no lag should be produced, devnull cant take nfoservers down.

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18200

crack wrote:

I've already acknowledged Agent prior this quote.
He doesn't see it as necessary as it's a spontaneous DDoS - but It's getting worse.
  • Lethal92
  • Junior Boarder
Lethal,
Server: 1 & 2 Administrator.

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 2 weeks ago #18224

Christopher wrote:
DoM wrote:

OVH = No support service, even on their managed package.
OVH is one of the leading hosting companies out there. I don't know how you had a bad experience with them. I use them for all over-seas hosting at my job. They are highly recommended. There price for the hardware firewall is reasonable. After that you just need to properly set up the host. IP load balancing and such. Constant DDoS or not, it can be managed. If it couldn't, Google/Facebook and all the other top websites in the world would be shut down 24/7. I do this for a living and I've put in 4+ years at school for this. Along with 6 certificates, including Cisco and Microsoft certificates.
Mr.Fluffybunnyfluff wrote:
i recommend nfoservers

http://www.nfoservers.com/order-dedicated-server.php

Yes they are american but they have a custom firewall and very good support, i offered to agent lulz to pay for the servers but he declined since this is an american hosting company(p.s. Even if you live in Europe THEIR IS NO DIFFERENCE)

They also have game servers http://www.nfoservers.com/game-server-features.php which have the best features so no lag should be produced, devnull cant take nfoservers down.
NFO is amazing. Sadly they have no European hosting. They are out of the question.
Christopher wrote:
crack wrote:

If you pass OVH on, I swear to cow - I will strangle seven kittens, smuther them in Heinz Tomato Sauce and lick them to death...

Let them look at this: http://www.link11.de/en/ddos_protection ... cAodp3wA8w

Company's like Link11 somewhat work. The only problem is when you use them on (lets say) game servers it creates unnecessary network problems for players. With Zarp being European based, this would completely ruin all hope for any North American player. Hardware is the way to go.

[font=verdana:1r6ki4l8]I would like to point out that a large number of the top 25 garrysmod servers use OVH for their hosting. OVH isn't meant for some beginner. Its professional hosting. Most likely why people might not like them because they don't teach you the baby steps to dedicated hosting solutions.[/font:1r6ki4l8]

[font=comic sans ms:1r6ki4l8]I will put in the man hours. I will pay to get this server started on a long term DDoS free record. As a Systems Engineer I do this every day at work. I'm offering my time and skill set to Zarp for free. I dream that you accept my help. Please email me if you choose to let me help prolong Zarp. [email protected][/font:1r6ki4l8]
  • DoM
  • Fresh Boarder

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 1 week ago #18984

I believe it is possible to use a proxy for the servers, My school uses a proxy for the servers. If my dad were still alive I would ask him to see what he could do. He was a Network Engineer, and I am going to school for this also.
  • DoAxKenney1
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Scottie wrote:
I strangled a penguin once..

There is no reason to move on. 11 years 1 week ago #18986

^ LOL.

No. it doesn't work like that.
  • Lethal92
  • Junior Boarder
Lethal,