Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: General Discussion

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382397

Hello,

In the course of my time on Zarpgaming.com, I have come across quite a few figures and individuals who I thought how they could come up with such a train of thought. Of course, in doing so, we must start at the beginning of everything, and I would have liked to invite you to read this text. Hopefully you will know more answers for me.

We all know what the beginning of ZARP looked like, everything neat, homemade addons that no server could compete with. Here we are talking about said people who are currently CM-banned but still, such names should never be forgotten. Zart & Agentlulz. Creators of a wonderful server and together they brought beautiful years to all the players who ever set foot on this server.

But over the years Garry's Mod was suddenly revived by, as we all know now, the workshop. This gave access to the craziest yet creative ways to make a server more fun. You no longer had to go to garrysmods.org/ and manually put all your addons in your folders. Everything was much faster. But this also brought problems.

Because of the fast access, more people, including younger ones, came to Garry's Mod. Here arose a problem, which ZARP gaming also had to deal with.

We all know, that younger people cause problems. They take the fun out of the server by their stupid and useless humor. Rules were changed. Addons were changed so they could have fun, without realizing that the older folks would disappear. Of course, eventually, the older folk did go away. Time does not stand still. We have to take care of other things, like housework, family, friends, and more ....

Now that the younger people have more to say, the creativity of the server did come alive, they keep updating constantly to this day but eventually the fuse goes out. Zarpgaming had a great time, forums were closely monitored, inappropriate behavior was not tolerated. In that you got a forum ban anyway from a day, to a month or longer depending on what you did.

But before this came a big divide that made sure the younger folks had more say than the old veterans who had been playing on this server for years. Now that the younger people have more say the creativity of the server did come alive, they keep updating constantly to this day but eventually the fuse goes out. Zarpgaming had a great time, forums were closely monitored, inappropriate behavior was not tolerated. In that you got a forum ban anyway from a day, to a month or longer depending on what you did.

But when I look now, the useless thinking of these young people and the moderators who don't do a damn thing anymore to get some older people back into zarpgaming, is absolutely chaotic. There is no form and feeling in it anymore, no listening even to old veterans. As long as the kids can have fun with it. Hundreds of predecessors have tried and brought out their creativity to improve the server anyway, but unfortunately it is just ignored and thrown on the pile of suggestions.

Hence my big question, zarpgaming has had several instances where there were few players and only when there was an update did people appear, but this diminished over time. The server used to have a lot of players but they are disappearing because of the useless change like TTT / Prophunt / Murder / etc..

Hence the question, and this is not meant as meanness but purely out of curiosity. How long before all servers end?
  • Katje is back!
  • Banned
  • =)
  • Thanks received: 13
The topic has been locked.

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382400

fun fact, having an older registration date than someone else does not make you better
  • Killa Kappa
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Killa Kappa
  • Thanks received: 6723

contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: . . . . .

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382401

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:
fun fact, having an older registration date than someone else does not make you better
Incorrect 2017 peasant
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, Killa Kappa, TrueOverL, Hellsdevil, eddie. and 1 more...

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382402

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:

That's because I don't know my old accounts password: I used to be called ''tepastus''. Also, registrations have nothing to do with this. It's about when you played on the server, years ago. You only make a forum account to apply for a specific rank or just to introduce yourself to players. I played years before I made an account.
  • Katje is back!
  • Banned
  • =)
  • Thanks received: 13

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382403

4Kurzen wrote:
ronaldmarc2009 wrote:

That's because I don't know my old accounts password: I used to be called ''tepastus''. Also, registrations have nothing to do with this. It's about when you played on the server, years ago. You only make a forum account to apply for a specific rank or just to introduce yourself to players. I played years before I made an account.
that's not what i was saying though, just because someone is an older player doesn't mean everything should be their way
and also just because people have nostalgia for pre-suits zarp doesn't mean it wouldn't die after 3 days because nobody wants to play default liquidrp
  • Killa Kappa
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Killa Kappa

contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Killa Kappa.

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382404

Now that the younger people have more say the creativity of the server did come alive, they keep updating constantly to this day but eventually the fuse goes out. Zarpgaming had a great time, forums were closely monitored, inappropriate behavior was not tolerated. In that you got a forum ban anyway from a day, to a month or longer depending on what you did.
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3413

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382405

I'm almost convinced this post was written by GPT-3. The only thing making me think otherwise is even GPT-3 has a better grasp of the English language than whatever wrote this post.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1169

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382413

Nogtog wrote:
Now that the younger people have more say the creativity of the server did come alive, they keep updating constantly to this day but eventually the fuse goes out. Zarpgaming had a great time, forums were closely monitored, inappropriate behavior was not tolerated. In that you got a forum ban anyway from a day, to a month or longer depending on what you did.

I miss the days when the abelism was kept out on the prison yard and off my zarp forums.
  • . . . . .
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 135
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382417

k
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11863
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382418

bro who the fuck are you
shut up
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1121

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382421

Sam. wrote:
bro who the fuck are you
shut up

Bit harsh
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rule, Nogtog

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382422

Ok
  • God dammit Ross
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Imagine taunting
  • Thanks received: 961
Prop Hunt Head Admin
TTT Administrator
Server Apps/Appeals/Prop Hunt/Drama Hole/ Report Abuse Section Moderator
TS/Discord Staff

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382423

I don't understand man

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382441

Ever thought about the fact that the older players you are talking about mostly have a family nowadays? They did not stop playing because the newer players ruined it for them. Its simply the age that matters
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1735
The following user(s) said Thank You: Djman963

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382458

Sam. wrote:
bro who the fuck are you
shut up
Nice one ricegum
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
Ever thought about the fact that the older players you are talking about mostly have a family nowadays? They did not stop playing because the newer players ruined it for them. Its simply the age that matters

Mix of both I'd say. Some of the older players grew sick and tried of newer generations of players who would just shout and swarm. But the majority just moved on with life

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:

IM A 2016 PLAYER I SWEAR! IM A 2016 PLAYER I SWEAR! IM A 2016 PLAYER I SWEAR! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THE OLD DAYS WERE CAUSE YOU KNOW LIKE I'VE PLAYED SINCE 2016 SO IM OG AND JUST A BETTER PERSON CAUSE ONCE AGAIN I HAVE PLAYED SINCE 2016 YOU BELIEVE ME RIGHT? YOU MUST BELIEVE ME CAUSE I'VE BEEN AROUND SINCE 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382467

zarp_smashmouth_avatar wrote:
Sam. wrote:
bro who the fuck are you
shut up
Nice one ricegum

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:

Mix of both I'd say. Some of the older players grew sick and tried of newer generations of players who would just shout and swarm. But the majority just moved on with life

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:

IM A 2016 PLAYER I SWEAR! IM A 2016 PLAYER I SWEAR! IM A 2016 PLAYER I SWEAR! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THE OLD DAYS WERE CAUSE YOU KNOW LIKE I'VE PLAYED SINCE 2016 SO IM OG AND JUST A BETTER PERSON CAUSE ONCE AGAIN I HAVE PLAYED SINCE 2016 YOU BELIEVE ME RIGHT? YOU MUST BELIEVE ME CAUSE I'VE BEEN AROUND SINCE 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I joined zarp gaming before you nerd sit down :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: rroobbiinn10xx, Killa Kappa

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382473

zarp_smashmouth_avatar wrote:
Sam. wrote:
bro who the fuck are you
shut up
Nice one ricegum

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:

guys remember in x year when we indulged in y activity ? oh my god those were the days! the prime of zarp gaming! server is dead now. only ogs will remember.
  • Killa Kappa
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Killa Kappa

The following user(s) said Thank You: Markus

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382480

narexa wrote:
Sam. wrote:
bro who the fuck are you
shut up

Bit harsh

im sorry
  • Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1121

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382506

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:
i say if thats the only thing in life they can be proud of let them have it
  • Agebt
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • MAN WHAT?!
  • Thanks received: 994
Propane#4246

Steam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Small Bloke In A Box On Wheels, Killa Kappa

General Discussion 1 year 11 months ago #1382507

Agebt wrote:
ronaldmarc2009 wrote:
i say if thats the only thing in life they can be proud of let them have it
i disagree and because you registered a year later than me your opinion is invalid
  • Killa Kappa
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Killa Kappa

The following user(s) said Thank You: Agebt
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

255 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
18/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop