Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's?

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372722

IIIlllIIIllIIIllIIIllIIIll wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
maddox wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
maddox wrote:
Agebt wrote:
maddox wrote:
Agebt wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Most of these sound very nice, it's a bit saddening to me that some people can only think about drinking though! Thought I'd hear more about family and etc...

Stay safe and don't drink too much!
Also don't drink and drive!!!

Its growing up lmao. Xmas is just another way to spend more money than you can afford and it gives you the excuse to drink to excess without judgement cause "hey its xmas". Also with how life is and the world around us can you seriously blame people for being down then drowning sorrows so they can join in with the others pretending everything is okay because its xmas?
People who find the world as depressing as you explain can only blame themselves for caring about dumb shit and feeling pity dor themselves.
Psychology expert here guys
Great insight man, as usual.
If you want my genuine insight, bearing in mind I am not and never claimed to be some sort of expert. There is a lot more to depression and general dissatisfaction with life than what people “choose” to care about, although there is no consensus about the mind in psychology, there is a general agreement that the vast majority of processes are unconscious and beyond our access. For example the psychodynamic approach which saw the mind as having 3 basic components, the id, the ego and the superego. The id being completely unconscious with both the ego and superego being partly of significantly unconscious. Therefore, saying that depressed people can magically become happy by changing their lifestyle and “what they care about” is pretty stupid, although it can be seen as partly true - exercising, diet and other lifestyle changes can improve mental health, Deeply ingrained trauma isn’t going away that easy chief as it is embedded in their unconscious mind.
I guess we just go fuck ourselves and stay unhappy because Sigmund Freuds theory said my brain makes me sad and I can't control my own brain and thought process my brain say I sad so I sad :pinch:
Doesn’t sound like you understood my point, All I’m saying is that mental health is a lot more complicated than he and you are making it out to be. Maybe your logic applies to someone who the worst thing they have suffered are the morning blues, I’m more referring to mental illness and trauma etc
Our points (or at least mine) wasn't ever about mental health, my point is about your views and perspectives on the world and situations, people are just so incredibly pessimistic and nihilistic and this people do have control over and can allow situations that are out of your control t not effect or upset you or control your life.

People can find comfort in nihilism and it can also work in their favor, I know this because I have been nihilistic for years now and mixing that with no fear of death and the other thingy. Combining the 3 of them put me in a place of screw it why would I not try anything and everything and if things go so terribly wrong im either back where I started or can just peace the fuck out like a coward running from a problem. Really has worked wonders to getting me out of a self loathing slump, working (which is constant excise) and socializing properly.
Do you think you might be an outlier? I'm not an expert on the nihilist philosophy but I've always seen it as something that would discourage motivation, if their is no purpose, their is no goal etc etc.
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Small Bloke In A Box On Wheels

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372723

Lewis_is_java wrote:
maddox wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
maddox wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
maddox wrote:
Agebt wrote:
maddox wrote:
Agebt wrote:
MsRevine wrote:
Most of these sound very nice, it's a bit saddening to me that some people can only think about drinking though! Thought I'd hear more about family and etc...

Its growing up lmao. Xmas is just another way to spend more money than you can afford and it gives you the excuse to drink to excess without judgement cause "hey its xmas". Also with how life is and the world around us can you seriously blame people for being down then drowning sorrows so they can join in with the others pretending everything is okay because its xmas?
People who find the world as depressing as you explain can only blame themselves for caring about dumb shit and feeling pity dor themselves.
If you want my genuine insight, bearing in mind I am not and never claimed to be some sort of expert. There is a lot more to depression and general dissatisfaction with life than what people “choose” to care about, although there is no consensus about the mind in psychology, there is a general agreement that the vast majority of processes are unconscious and beyond our access. For example the psychodynamic approach which saw the mind as having 3 basic components, the id, the ego and the superego. The id being completely unconscious with both the ego and superego being partly of significantly unconscious. Therefore, saying that depressed people can magically become happy by changing their lifestyle and “what they care about” is pretty stupid, although it can be seen as partly true - exercising, diet and other lifestyle changes can improve mental health, Deeply ingrained trauma isn’t going away that easy chief as it is embedded in their unconscious mind.
I guess we just go fuck ourselves and stay unhappy because Sigmund Freuds theory said my brain makes me sad and I can't control my own brain and thought process my brain say I sad so I sad :pinch:
Doesn’t sound like you understood my point, All I’m saying is that mental health is a lot more complicated than he and you are making it out to be. Maybe your logic applies to someone who the worst thing they have suffered are the morning blues, I’m more referring to mental illness and trauma etc
Our points (or at least mine) wasn't ever about mental health, my point is about your views and perspectives on the world and situations, people are just so incredibly pessimistic and nihilistic and this people do have control over and can allow situations that are out of your control t not effect or upset you or control your life.
Well as my points were specifically about mental health and you were responding to me, your point is Irrelevant. As I said here
although it can be seen as partly true - exercising, diet and other lifestyle changes can improve mental health, Deeply ingrained trauma isn’t going away that easy chief
Well as our initial points weren't about mental health your reply and point to us was irrelevant
Not the impression I got, anyways this is getting a bit circular so unless new points are put forward Im going to stop responding, especially considering the original context of the thread lol.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1298
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372727

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
maddox wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
maddox wrote:
Agebt wrote:
maddox wrote:
Agebt wrote:
MsRevine wrote:

People can find comfort in nihilism and it can also work in their favor, I know this because I have been nihilistic for years now and mixing that with no fear of death and the other thingy. Combining the 3 of them put me in a place of screw it why would I not try anything and everything and if things go so terribly wrong im either back where I started or can just peace the fuck out like a coward running from a problem. Really has worked wonders to getting me out of a self loathing slump, working (which is constant excise) and socializing properly.
Do you think you might be an outlier? I'm not an expert on the nihilist philosophy but I've always seen it as something that would discourage motivation, if their is no purpose, their is no goal etc etc.

Absolutely it would discourage motivation but I took it the other way. I still don't think anything will ever matter, you could save 1000 people and kill yourself or kill 1000 people and kill yourself and its the same result but I also have strong belief that just because I think like this I can respect others do not. Nothing matters in the end why not kill the time in a more pleasant way. Also helped with all anxiety related issues for same reasons, really doesn't matter what others think of me.

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372733

zarp_smashmouth_avatar wrote:
Agebt wrote:
Agebt wrote:
MsRevine wrote:

Ironic thing is life is going as well for myself recently (even when the shity stuff happens its better managed) and I believe I'm on the up. But from what I see its a lot of darkness for people, people who are trying they're best but simply can't see differently because they are surrounded with it.
That's great to hear man, I wasn't referring to you in my post if you thought that. But nowadays there are so many snowflakes and self-diagnosing people who just pretend to care about dumb shit for attention and people who just constantly beat themselves up for stupid reasons. People who refuse to lift themself up and would much rather just be alone and depressed all while feeling pity in hopes of something changing instead of being the change.

Although I agree to an extent in regards to people helping themselves its not that simple because the spectrum of mental illness is massive. Don't get me wrong I see it all the time with people who decide to wallow instead of attempting to help themselves so my question to you is what if someone who is mentally ill but is taking steps and doing their damnedest for self improvement but due to whatever condition they are suffering from keeps knocking them back, they still pull themselves back up but when they step forward they get knocked back for reasons out of their control. What do you suggest for that situation? I'd also like to ask when do you get to decide who is suffering and who is a self wallowing snowflake? To me every single person is different and thinks about stuff differently and some stuff that may not bother you or I may feel absolutely dreadful to them. That goes back to my point of how huge of a spectrum mental illness is.

Anyway unless you have questions back I shall read your answers and thank you your post as I do not wish to derail what should be a much happier thread.
I’m not neglecting the fact that there are people with real problems and try their best to get the best out of it yet still get knocked down, I am however stating the fact that there are people that choose to be victims uncounciously or even consciously out of the need for attention and people feeling pity for them. I am aware of many people with problems that cant just be solved by thinking differently whether its a problem with money, actual past trauma or the law. I am simply calling out people that have ‘problems’ that can be solved if they just got out of the depressed brain bubble that they got their selves in.

P.S for any mod that sees this, we are having a constructive and civilized argument and i have no ill intentions against any of these people. :pray:
  • Agebt
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • MAN WHAT?!
  • Thanks received: 994
Propane#4246

Steam
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Agebt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Small Bloke In A Box On Wheels

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372759

This post got too deep man tf
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • "We're all gonna make it brah"
  • Thanks received: 2484
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark, SwiiFTz, Rule

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372762

Gonna watch the new spiderman with my brother :pray:
#Blessed #Hyped
  • Anonymized359739
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 390
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372773

i got covid :S so probably just lay in bed until I get better
  • Baxter Black
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 482
Former
★Bhop Head Admin★
★SSRP Super Admin x2★
★Appeals Section Mod x2★
★SSRP Admin★
★Bhop Admin★
★Minecraft Admin★
★SSRP Mod x4★
★Murder Mod★
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Baxter Black.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372774

To get absolutely slashed!
  • koRe Phantom
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Severe Autism
  • Thanks received: 258
Best Prop Abuser

Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Minecraft Administrator

Discord: korephantom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark, MsRevine

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372805

CEO of Business wrote:
Clarky wrote:
CEO of Business wrote:
I’m goin up north to stay in a cabin in the snow with my family :D Going to be nice because we don’t really get any snow down here in Florida
The cabin will burn down during your stay.
what the hell :blink:
I won’t lie I don’t even recall posting that
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: TILTED TURTLE, 123123123123

What are your plans for Christmas & New Year's? 2 years 3 months ago #1372809

100 subscribers :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • TrueOverL