Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Low Points

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351159

Some of you are aware that I have some long-standing issues with anxiety, mental health concerns, etc.

I'd like to explore that, quickly. Maybe give some insight into why someone might feel the way they do.

I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when I was sixteen years old. Mostly because I exhibited heavy Post-Traumatic Stress symptoms after I'd been mugged. Before that, I was in a pretty uneven household, with parents that fought a lot, and ultimately separated when I was thirteen. The following years were difficult because while I was trying to find my place, I was also happy to just follow others, and I was always terrified to step on other people's toes.

This followed me throughout my life. I used to call my trigger-times "resets." Where I'd sort of become very dissociated, wouldn't really talk, would find it very difficult to engage in an emotional way other than sadness. Over time, that evolved into anxiety, a lot of self-doubt, a lot of borderline self-loathing, and difficulties revolving around self-esteem. I'd have panic attacks fairly frequently, and these resets became meltdowns when I started becoming more visibly upset.

So, why does all of this happen?

Well, to put it simply, you know how when you attempt to deconstruct a situation, you think about it a little bit after the fact, and ultimately, it sort of becomes part of your growth. For me, it's more... I need things to feel normal. As is common with a lot of people with Asperger Syndrome, and ASD, I'm not fond of change. So, when something happens, and my current experiences can't explain it, and I can't get an answer for that situation - or if something just feels uneven and strange, I start to worry. Sometimes, I can shrug it off. In fact, most times I can do so. But the times I can't, my brain becomes more and more muddled. I ruminate, which means there's ninety-nine problems... and no solutions. My brain loops, until turning the problem inward, blaming myself for not understanding it, hating myself for not being able to deal with it. Then I hate myself more for reacting in an unusual way to something that can be fixed.

This has followed me throughout much of my life, and while it is something I've worked on, it is also something that there is no easy fix to. In December, as some of you may already know, I attempted to take my own life when things became too problematic. When my brain was inundated with these negative thoughts, and I could no longer think of a normal solution or fix.

I'd like you to know that while I am fine, now - I still have lots of down days. My anxiety this year has been very severe, and a lot of days, I worry things won't ever be the same. But it's also about having the persistence and the tenacity to keep persevering, knowing that life is going to throw you constant curveballs.

Anyway, I apologise for the text dump, I just thought someone might benefit from seeing a different perspective on thought processes, mental health, and the pursuit of growth. If you're curious, I tend to handle it by trying to spend time with friends, going for runs and listening to music and working on my writing, aswell as general exercise. Some people have suggested that exercise does help - I'd be lying if I said it didn't help in some ways, but only as much as other things that offer the same brief reprieve from the taxing rumination. But again - I'm fine. I'm taking it day by day. I'll take any questions if you have any.

Thanks for reading.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, Clarky, Sally, Roy Harper, MsRevine and 11 more...

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351160

You are an amazing strong human being and a friend to me. You have helped me throughout low points through the years on ZARP, sorry you had to go all through the negative happening. I just want to let you know that you can always contact me on discord and teamspeak! xDutchCat#2131

Good to see it going better with you, you are strong bro <3
  • xDutchCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • xDumbCat
  • Thanks received: 538

Former
Murder Super Administrator
SSRP Super Administrator x2
Event Manager
Server Apps & Appeals Section Mod

The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351161

Glad to hear you're doing fine now considering your hefty past which you managed to pull through. I'm not sure if you're aware of this thread too but you can always take a read at this if you ever feel pretty down and know that this community are there to help each other

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/10-announ...ess-what-can-zarp-do
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351163

As is always the case, my messages are open not just for you but anyone that finds themselves struggling or just needs to get something out. It is nice to be able to look back on your down times and see how strong of person you really are, proud of you Watson!
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson, xDutchCat

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351165

You're very brave to have shared this Watson :pray: I'd like it if you message me brother so we can talk as I feel like I can understand where you are coming from in life
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson, MsRevine

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351258

Took me a while to read this because I struggle with ADD, but I am glad that I could, you really brought a tear to my eye man. Never forget that you're an everyday hero, everything you do is already an achievement and you should always celebrate the little things in life. Im glad you are alive man, you're amazing and extremely nice. One of the kindest people I have met on Zarp.

You know where to find me, as you have so far. Good luck man <3
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Dexter Morgan >
  • Thanks received: 2487
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson, Skippergroe

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351264

Man i know someone who's recently been going through the same kind of shit and he's really not doing well and its really worrying so its fucking great that you're at least doing ok. Try and channel that negative energy into really pushing yourself in things like working out because at the end of the day you're a great guy and you dont deserve to be going through stuff like this when theres so much out there to do.
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson, alit

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351268

Glad to hear you’re doing better bro, much love!
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351269

Smol#0003
If you ever need, I've always considered you an amazing person in the community and I will always be willing to let you vent if you need.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351286

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Stay strong ol' friend. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers!
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson, MsRevine

Low Points 2 years 9 months ago #1351311

I appreciate all the kind messages. I need you all to know that the days aren't always perfect - but the good days are good days, and that's what I'm thankful for.

Sounds a little "Inspirational poster"-y, but I personally think that if every day was perfect, we wouldn't feel grateful for the things we have. We'd take it all for granted. Which is why when the good days do happen, I find myself feeling very lucky.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, Nogtog
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

145 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
5/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun