Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Calling All DBD Experts

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350639

Hi guys, just interested in your opinions as I know there are some DBD players in our community. I main Ghostface and Legion. But I've found that what I struggle most with is chases. It feels like even when I'm able to tell their next move, I just get the occasional people who are, for lack of a better expression, big brain and know how to think ahead to stop me from getting close.

I'm not afraid to admit it's resulted in me camping a couple of times because I end up with them doing gens faster than I can catch them.

Any tips or tricks from killers in the community?
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Smol

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350641

Legion AND a face camper??? :unsure: :unsure:
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson, MsRevine, Oscar Bobb, Nogtog

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350644

I play huntress so i dont have to worry about chases :cheer:
Do hate gen rushers tho :(
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435
The following user(s) said Thank You: Father Watson

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350645

Father Watson wrote:
Hi guys, just interested in your opinions as I know there are some DBD players in our community. I main Ghostface and Legion. But I've found that what I struggle most with is chases. It feels like even when I'm able to tell their next move, I just get the occasional people who are, for lack of a better expression, big brain and know how to think ahead to stop me from getting close.

I'm not afraid to admit it's resulted in me camping a couple of times because I end up with them doing gens faster than I can catch them.

Any tips or tricks from killers in the community?
To be honest don't camp, Stay a reasonable distance away, But I'd recommend Hillbilly or Huntress if you are going to be ending chases fast.
  • Kubafx1234
  • Senior Boarder
  • Obama hamburger sussy balls
  • Thanks received: 78

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350649

Lewis_is_java wrote:

I know, I know. I hear people shitting on Legion a lot. His ability is a bit shit, but I like the fact that his most expensive item can break pallets during his vault in Frenzy mode. I know with Legion, the purpose of this killer especially is to tackle the group at large. But I'm honestly so crap at chases that I end up being juked, looped and 360'd more times than I'm comfortable talking about.

@Nogtog and Kubaf
I don't really want to change killer - that's the thing. I'd like to stay the killers I am if I can help it, I was just wondering if you guys have any advice going forward for chases.

That in mind, yes - I'm aware that it's incredibly shitty to camp the hook. Half the time if I get all four survivors down, I'll bring the last one over to the hatch or the exit because I feel bad lol
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350652

Father Watson wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

I know, I know. I hear people shitting on Legion a lot. His ability is a bit shit, but I like the fact that his most expensive item can break pallets during his vault in Frenzy mode. I know with Legion, the purpose of this killer especially is to tackle the group at large. But I'm honestly so crap at chases that I end up being juked, looped and 360'd more times than I'm comfortable talking about.

@Nogtog and Kubaf
I don't really want to change killer - that's the thing. I'd like to stay the killers I am if I can help it, I was just wondering if you guys have any advice going forward for chases.

That in mind, yes - I'm aware that it's incredibly shitty to camp the hook. Half the time if I get all four survivors down, I'll bring the last one over to the hatch or the exit because I feel bad lol
I mean whats the issue with chases like are you just getting looped continuously and then pallet slammed and its just a repeat of that or what?
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350654

Nogtog wrote:
Father Watson wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

@Nogtog and Kubaf

I mean whats the issue with chases like are you just getting looped continuously and then pallet slammed and its just a repeat of that or what?

Pretty much exactly that - is there any way to circumvent this? I've heard people say just leave the survivor if the chase is going on too long, and try to catch someone else if you can and then catch the other person off-guard at another point.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350656

I mean there's not much to say with legion, if you are having difficulty with chases as legion then something is wrong.

As for Ghostface, it's obviously harder but you just need to mindgame along side your power, with your power up they will be more scared as it will only take 1 hit so if you mindgame, e.g. double back, walk backwards around walls so they don't see the killer red light. Then you should start getting more kills
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350657

Father Watson wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
Father Watson wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

@Nogtog and Kubaf

Pretty much exactly that - is there any way to circumvent this? I've heard people say just leave the survivor if the chase is going on too long, and try to catch someone else if you can and then catch the other person off-guard at another point.
Yeah idk much about legion or ghostface because i dont have them but you need to remember that gens are the priority and while ur getting looped the survivors are doing them so if ur getting fucked in a chase just abandon it and go back to monitoring the gens so you dont end up getting fucked.

For an actual chase there isnt much to say apart from know what your power is and remember to use it to your advantage in a chase. Also just recognise when someone is gonna pull a pallet because if they dont you can lose speed waiting. If you know theyre gonna throw it, back up or lunge to hit them before they can. I find it pretty hard playing any melee killer now lol but a good way i find to get hits is to bait survivors into vaulting or cutting them off by knowing where theyll go before they do.
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350659

A Legion main! I'd expect nothing less from Watson! Best killer
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350669

Maybe try a bunch of different builds and perks, like Bitter Murmer (See survivors auras for a short period of time when a gen is completed and when all gens are completed, see the auras of all survivors for a longer time.)

I'm All Ears (Any survivor performing a rushed action has their aura revealed for 6 seconds.) These two can allow you to initiate a chase and in the case of a rushed action, you can see a survivor that might currently be in a chase.

Adding Mindbreaker to the mix makes it so when you initiate a chase from a generator, they can't perform perks like dead hard or sprint burst since they'll be exhausted.

These perks can initiate chases, see survivors during chases if they do a rush action and can stop them from dead harding, causing you to miss your attack and let them get more room from a chase. This is the only thing I can think of that can help during chases.

Bitter Murmer - Available to all killers.
I'm all Ears - Ghostface Perk
Mindbreaker - Demogorgon Perk
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350670

Is BDB worth it? I'm thinking of getting it soon.
  • chiki
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • second Most wholesome person on Zarp :)
  • Thanks received: 395
Ex-Deathrun Head Administrator
siller goober

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350672

chikinugg wrote:
Yes get it. Very fun!
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350676

chikinugg wrote:

It's a great game. A lot of fun, whether as survivor or killer, really.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I'm gonna give it another try and see what happens.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: chiki

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350677

Father Watson wrote:
chikinugg wrote:

It's a great game. A lot of fun, whether as survivor or killer, really.

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I'm gonna give it another try and see what happens.

Just keep experimenting with different stuff, you'll find something that works
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350678

Was already running BBQ & Chilli, NOED and Thrilling Tremors and Iron Maiden on Legion because it's a lot of shit that sort of helps delay the inevitable lol
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350679

Father Watson wrote:
Was already running BBQ & Chilli, NOED and Thrilling Tremors and Iron Maiden on Legion because it's a lot of shit that sort of helps delay the inevitable lol
Brooooo dont use noed its noob perk
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java

Calling All DBD Experts 2 years 9 months ago #1350680

Let’s go another ghost main
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP