Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough.

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324122

Lewis_is_java wrote:
ToBeHonest wrote:
My mom was a lawyer, working in a cabinet in Paris, we lived close to Paris and i still do to this day.
She was taking the train to join the "Gare de l'Est" and she witnessed a few suicides and accidents with the train, she never really saw graphic stuff but when this type of accident does happen, the train is obviously stopped and won't move for a few hours. Passengers are given a military ration type stuff and they either climb on the next oncoming train or wait until the pieces are removed from the tracks...

It was in 2016 or 2017, she always came back from work at like 9.30pm and this time, she was very late, probably 2 hours late, she entered and she was covered in blood. I didn't puke as many people would expect but i started to cry because i saw my mom was tired, she was on the edge, seeing your MOM like that man, that feeling aint good
My mom told my brothers and I that a young guy got sucked in a TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse) high speed train basically.
It wasn't a suicide, it was a guy coming back home, with earbuds in, and he was standing past the yellow line, it's where you shouldn't stand when trains go through the train station, you can get sucked under the train, i looked that up and it's called the vertigo effect, the faster the train is, the more likely you are to get sucked under the train if you stand too close.

My mom at that time was waiting for the train, she was behind the man, and she got splattered in blood, when the TGV stopped a few kilometers ahead, well you could basically see the results of that tragic event, thankfully my mom didn't see it but there was a video of firefighters recovering the pieces which was recorded by a train station guard or whatever, it was published in a French facebook group.
Hope your mother is still ok pal, that would leave a fair few people traumatised
She's alright, thank you for your concerns :blush: :heart:
Login or register to post a reply.

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324124

My best friend started hanging out with people I hate and still does and last year he called me and said he wasn't feeling well and then hung up. I later found out he was out getting hammered in some park and drank so much vodka he almost died of alcohol poisoning.
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324130

Nogtog wrote:
My best friend started hanging out with people I hate and still does and last year he called me and said he wasn't feeling well and then hung up. I later found out he was out getting hammered in some park and drank so much vodka he almost died of alcohol poisoning.
is he doin alright now ?
  • stink
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 304
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324131

Stink wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
is he doin alright now ?
Ya hes kind of a dick tho and we barely talk but hes fine thankfully
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324132

Nogtog wrote:
Stink wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
is he doin alright now ?
Ya hes kind of a dick tho and we barely talk but hes fine thankfully
well its good that hes okay!
  • stink
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 304

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324137

Turtlx69 wrote:
Coda sent me a message i got scared
im gonna have to agree with this one, ive unfortunately gone through the exact same experience and i havent been quite the same since :/
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324138

Intriguing, Almost broke my neck because I did a double somersault when I was trying to do a single somersault because I did like 50; 1 1/2 somersaults prior so I overthrew and I guess landed on my neck, but it was fine because there was the amazing invention called the crash mat which probably stopped me, though I couldn't turn my head to the left for about 2 weeks after so that was a bit shit, I never got it checked out though because I couldn't be bothered and If I were to die I would have liked to die doing something crazy.

Also saw a cool guy probably like 9 idk, he was doing a reverse somersault or something and landed back on the board, RIP back but I mean he was fine, on the plus side to the occasion I fucking aced the dive after him, oop.
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Boxy.

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324141

I used to rock climb a couple of- years back and one week I was at my leisure center climbing I was being belayed by a girl I had absolutely 0 trust or faith in to keep me safe. (Essentially a belayer is someone on the ground who holds the other end of the rope that you're attached to so that they can catch you in case you were to slip and fall). Anyway, I was nearing the top of my climb about 12m high, I look down and see my belayer is distracted talking to someone else whilst there's a stupid amount of slack in the rope that she hadn't been taking in, I shouted down to tell her to focus and that I was about to come down so she started taking in the slack. I reached the top of my climb and told her I was coming down, anyway, some shit happens because she's clueless as fuck and she drops me, what felt like a meter was probably a lot less but I shit you not I thought I was finna fall to my death, I probably would've fallen a lot further but the supervising belayer caught the rope fast enough. Safe to say I never let them belay me again.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, Top Shagger Eleven, Jeppe

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324156

• Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
  • Thanks received: 1136
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones, Killa Kappa, Rule, Nogtog, Skippergroe

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324185

being a absolute unit of a bouncer I've seen many things in my time. one of the most rememberable things was being at a university and being called to this girls room who was trying to kill herself, she refused to open the door so we had to force our way in to find her with cut wrists crying on the floor something that I won't forget.

on a lighter note I've seen everything you can imagine from ket heads trying to fight inanimate objects to women fighting each other with sexual objects sorry forums are PG12 can't say some of the rest. On the other hand I've seen people being robbed at gun point, people being stabbed, did see a man once get robbed for all his clothes by two girls and left on a carpark naked that was jokes

TLDR worlds a funny and fucked place to be
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, Killa Kappa

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324191

luke_ wrote:
being a absolute unit of a bouncer I've seen many things in my time. one of the most rememberable things was being at a university and being called to this girls room who was trying to kill herself, she refused to open the door so we had to force our way in to find her with cut wrists crying on the floor something that I won't forget.

Any idea what happened to the girl after you found her if you don't mind me asking? hope she got the help she needed
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324213

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Erm once we got the knife away from her, first aid was administered and paramedics were called not 100% sure what happened after that I think the uni sent a crisis team, But she was miles away from home on a course she did not really fully want to do. overall it was a mixture of drugs and so called friends making the situations 100x worse I hope she's alright now thought, its really hard to deal with that because most of my work is dealing with people who want to fight and attack you so you build a tolerance to it, but dealing with someone who's actively trying to kill themselves in front of you with a knife is something else man.
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, Jeppe

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324216

luke_ wrote:
on a lighter note I've seen everything you can imagine from ket heads trying to fight inanimate objects to women fighting each other with sexual objects sorry forums are PG12 can't say some of the rest. On the other hand I've seen people being robbed at gun point, people being stabbed, did see a man once get robbed for all his clothes by two girls and left on a carpark naked that was jokes

Classic British nightlife
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_, narexa

Scariest thing you've witnessed / beenthrough. 3 years 1 month ago #1324217

luke_ wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Erm once we got the knife away from her, first aid was administered and paramedics were called not 100% sure what happened after that I think the uni sent a crisis team, But she was miles away from home on a course she did not really fully want to do. overall it was a mixture of drugs and so called friends making the situations 100x worse I hope she's alright now thought, its really hard to deal with that because most of my work is dealing with people who want to fight and attack you so you build a tolerance to it, but dealing with someone who's actively trying to kill themselves in front of you with a knife is something else man.

Jesus, sounds absolutely horrible my heart goes out to the girl, crazy how common things like this are as well yet they're so surreal, really appreciate you opening up about this brother I can't even imagine what must have been going through your mind.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

145 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1