Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Have you had a online friend that suddenly left?

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317520

Alr I'm making this post
Because mainly I'm quite interested to hear stories about people having an online friend they loved for years and just left
this made me very intrigued So ill start
I had a friend that I always played with my ps vita I would always play Minecraft with him and talk and laugh and joke and talk daily a daily basis after I finish school I would play with him every day and talking
also, I have a 2nd story
I remember I had a friend I would play gmod every single day on an RP server i remember I would base with him every day and would talk to him hours in discord suddenly he told me he was going to be a father he was living during that time and he told me he'll never come back considering he was busy with work and stuff. that kinda made me pretty sad i still miss the dude he was living in Australia
I'm making this post because I'm very interested and intrigued to hear peoples stories
  • Anonymized359739
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 390
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Anonymized359739.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317523

This is incredibly weird timing because it has happened very recently, but yes I have quite a few times, but honestly. I feel like throughout most of my life I've been that friend that suddenly dips, without much of a reason as to why. I don't do it anymore, but I used to do it quite often, where I'd just disappear for a while.

Going from speaking to someone on a daily basis to not speaking to them at all is incredibly rough, and something I think all of us can relate to, but people just come and go in life, it's just natural, but with every person gone, there's another waiting to come into your life and have a positive affect on you! :)
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Rule, Anonymized359739, Poltergeist, Nogtog

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317524

Not exactly had them leave but basically just no longer speaking, I get a steam message every few months buts it's awkward since we don't have any games we both play and I realised that's basically all we talk about
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, Poltergeist, Nogtog

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317525

Quite some time ago I had a friend I would play a variety of games with all the time, lets name him Joey. We both had fucked up sleep schedules so we would pull all-nighters quite frequently. He was probably my closest friend at that point because I didn't have many friends IRL back then.1 day he got into a pretty big argument with another online friend from our online group, lets call this one Henry, and I sided with Joey naturally. We ended up cutting off with Henry because of the things he did/said to Joey. Months go by as normal and I meet Henry, who we cut off with quite a while ago, in a Rainbow Six Siege lobby and talk to him for 1 night. I quickly learned that he had changed and was actually pretty chill then. The very next morning I wake up and go to invite my close friend Joey to an xbox party and all of a sudden he wasn't on my friends list. I messaged him on skype and it turned out he, and the rest of the online group had blocked me all because they saw me playing with the guy they didn't like, that being Henry. Some arguing goes on and Joey says something along the lines of "Who says I ever considered you my friend" or something like that, it was a while ago. That shit stung considering I spent so much time with this dude just to be cut off for talking to someone they don't like?

To be honest, I'm glad it happened now because I ended up reuniting with an old group of childhood friends again whom I now still talk to and play with to this day. I also went out and met people IRL and made some of the best friends I've ever met. If he, along with all the other people in the group were willing to cut me off for speaking to someone for 1 night, fuck em.

The funniest part is that he himself ended up talking with Henry again some time after cutting me off, and even tried apologizing to me, but I was done and moved on at that point lol.

All in all, it sucked for a while after it happened but I quickly realized that they were not truly my friends if they were willing to do something so childish after years of friendship

Not sure if this is the type of answer you were looking for but thought I'd share nonetheless!
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa, MsRevine, Chespin, Poltergeist, Nogtog

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317526

My online friends are decent human beings, never happened to me fortunately :zarp:

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317528

ToBeHonest wrote:
My online friends are decent human beings, never happened to me fortunately :zarp:

I don't think being cut off or ghosted by someone makes that person any less of a decent human being than another, everyone is dealing with their own stuff and you can make very impulsive decisions that don't reflect on who you truly are, I ghosted and cut off a lot of people in the past because I wasn't in the right head space to speak to them and didn't want to be a burden to them which is way more common than people think imo.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317529

Considering i was 13 years old when i joined zarp and currently 19. I think its pretty normal that people just move on. As i have met an incredible amount of online friends during my 6/7 years.
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1735

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317531

I've got one friend, I have spoke with them for 2 years and we are going strong. I do not consider anyone else to be a "friend", just friendly faces.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317537

narexa wrote:
This is incredibly weird timing because it has happened very recently, but yes I have quite a few times, but honestly. I feel like throughout most of my life I've been that friend that suddenly dips, without much of a reason as to why. I don't do it anymore, but I used to do it quite often, where I'd just disappear for a while.

Going from speaking to someone on a daily basis to not speaking to them at all is incredibly rough, and something I think all of us can relate to, but people just come and go in life, it's just natural, but with every person gone, there's another waiting to come into your life and have a positive affect on you! :)

let this cheer you up
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317538

Sally wrote:
I've got one friend, I have spoke with them for 2 years and we are going strong. I do not consider anyone else to be a "friend", just friendly faces.

rob+_?

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317545

Sadly people can come and go, some stay for less, some stay for more. Some are blessings, and some are lessons. I definitely miss some people that have left. I can't convince them that it isn't right or anything, but if that's what makes them happier... what can I say?
  • MsRevine
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • "We're all gonna make it brah"
  • Thanks received: 2484
Ex Murder Super Admin
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Admin
First Seen: Jun 24, 2016 1:50 AM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rule

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317549

I've had dozens of online friends over the years due to playing csgo and just meeting cool people and friending them. Eventually they all end up with either "last online 643 days ago" or we just stop playing because one of us stops playing csgo. More recently, around like june i would play for like 5 hours a day with this guy who lives in London and then we met a few more people and it was so fun having a 5 man team every time we played but then i just got bored of playing and we never talked again really. That was probably the 3rd time i joined a little group of people. I remember back like 4-5 years ago i joined a little csgo clan thing and thought i was actually professional and then we stopped talking for years and i couldn't remember the leader's steam name but then i found him and dmed him but he never responded :(

However, 2 people that i met online are now some of my closest friends so it's not all sad memories. But yeah, when you don't see what a person's real life is like, they can just vanish suddenly because they don't have time to play or something else happens.
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3413
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317553

I’ve had many. I'll just mention 2 from ZARP. A staff member and a person who I absolutely loved to play with on TTT and prop hunt.

The first guy was called ncboost, he was a prop hunt admin. One day he suddenly left zarp whithout saying goodbye. We messaged him and gave him official warnings but he didn’t come back. BUT, he did message us saying that he would come back, and giving us lies about what was going on. We found out his twitch and yt channel, and discovered that instead of telling us that he had issues with his life currently and that he couldn’t staff and play prop hunt, he was playing COD: Warzone all this time. We were disappointed. He did eventually come back onto the TeamSpeak; once. But till this day he has never come back.

The second was one a girl who we both started playing with each other on prop hunt. I enjoyed playing with he a lot, and she enjoyed playing with me a lot too. We always had huge conversations on discord together. We played for a while until I said “hey let’s try TTT!” So we both went on TTT together. We both got to know the rules and we both thoroughly enjoyed playing with each other. All the time we would have level races to see which one of the tel of us would reach a certain level, and we also had karma battles, to see who had the highest karma. We both liked each other a lot, and when one of us used to want to go on another game mode, we followed. (as in when I went to play ttt when we were both on prop hunt, she would come to ttt with me, and when she wanted to play prophunt, I would follow her from TTT.) But unfortunately she uninstalled Garry’s mod because It was taking up a lot of space in her computer. So I messaged her saying “what’s up”? And she said she needed more computer storage. She kept saying this for a few weeks before she eventually stopped talking to me. She also stopped talking to Argon according to him. She since now has never came back on ttt or prop hunt, and I have not spoken to her in a while. That was a shame.

LukiGuki was another guy like this, but he said his goodbye. He will be missed.

These are my two stories I have.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Poltergeist.

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317558

Not really left by choice but still -
I had a friend since I was 14 and we started out on Xbox. His nick was Fatz and we had great times and even met each other after 4 years of online gaming. We always played COD and those such games. And I knew from the beginning he had cancer and it was bad. Around 2019 he was cleared because of cancer and we were all happy. By then I moved to PC and we only spoke/played once in a while. Last June around the same time we were supposed to have a day of playing and chatting I got a message from one of his best friends telling me that he had passed away just days ago. Easy to say I was shattered and felt heartbroken that after so many years he was suddenly just not there anymore. Left me rather feeling bad about the whole thing because I regretted moving to PC and not playing so much with him.

All I can say now is that despite when someone leaves or not. The time you have fun together is what matters the most!
  • Kurze
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Expect me to be straight to the point.
  • Thanks received: 1040
Plus Ultra!

EX
EX TTT Super Administrator x3

EX TTT Head Admin
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Kurze.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist, Nogtog

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317566

• Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist, TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317573

orbadoc wrote:
biosenic wrote:
The first guy was called ncboost, he was a prop hunt admin. One day he suddenly left zarp whithout saying goodbye. We messaged him and gave him official warnings but he didn’t come back. BUT, he did message us saying that he would come back, and giving us lies about what was going on. We found out his twitch and yt channel, and discovered that instead of telling us that he had issues with his life currently and that he couldn’t staff and play prop hunt, he was playing COD: Warzone all this time. We were disappointed. He did eventually come back onto the TeamSpeak; once. But till this day he has never come back.
He was playing games therefore was unable to have issues with his life
exacty, thats why i said he lied.
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317574

I had a group of Lithuanian friends that I would play practically any multiplayer game with, gmod unturned, rust, cs:go, you name it and we were always toxic fucking with people and it was a laugh and we all played for a few years but I don't really know how the group fell apart, they didn't get a long with my other English pals so they didn't like each other so my Lithuanian pals just ended up drifting apart and I don't think they even play together anymore when I wasn't there
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317587

Had a friend called BigMama I met many, many years ago on a GmodZ server and we talked like everyday for probably 2-3 years and one day he asked for my AWP Asiimov to play around with, just wouldn't give it back and we stopped talking, imagine someone doing this for $30.

Had another friend called Lenny, and we talked everyday and played CS for a couple years aswell and he asked for my knife to play with (pretty sure it was a bayonet or something) but he gave it back luckily, him and Mama stood really close but at least one of them had some respect.

@Jamie probably remembers BigMama, we all played on the same server(s) back in 2014-2015
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1394
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nogtog

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317598

biosenic wrote:
orbadoc wrote:
biosenic wrote:
He was playing games therefore was unable to have issues with his life
exacty, thats why i said he lied.
thing the batteries in your sarcasm detector need to be recharged
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

Have you had a online friend that suddenly left? 3 years 3 weeks ago #1317599

i miss bdog