Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scawy question mark

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317167

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Alit wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Outlast is pretty lit although old its easily my favorite horror game and makes it into my top 20 games of all time (second one isn't as good but worth it if you can get it for like a fiver). Resident Evil 7 in the "Madhouse" mode is pretty spooky (its a whole new game at that point and is difficult) On top of that if you have vr try it in that, I made it a solid 10 mins before chickening out. Cry of fear is free and is really good(I see you said it looks outdated, honestly doesn't matter its free so its a no risk high reward when you see how fantastic it is). Any SCP game is a good time. Recently I watched a mate play The Beast Inside, looked really good, not overly spooky but overall as a game it was solid with fantastic puzzle elements. The first 2 bioshock games can be spooky although I pref the third bioshock game. Also outdated but amnesia the dark descent is a good horror game, takes me back to happier times watching pewdiepie lmao. Last one is Call Of Cthulhu which is based of a H. P. Lovecraft story, I'm just over an hour into it and although it hasn't got scary yet the visuals are outstanding (with the expectation of the mouth movement when speaking, its one of those ones (if you know you know lol))

Hope this helps and I wish you the best on your spooky adventures

Fuck sake didn't read everyone else's suggestions before doing the exact same
Thank you for a great answer Stewie! I appreciate that you took your time to give me some great suggestions. I have just bought the Bioshock Collection this morning, and planning in starting with it today. Biohazard have also been on my wishlist for some time now, didn't know it had a second mode called MadHouse. Sounds really interesting, i would love to have a game that can scare the living shit out of me ;)
Heads up BioShock infinite is a massive disappointment compared to the other two :(

• Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alit, Nogtog

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317168

You should try save up for a VR headset! Horror games are much more fun when you play them in VR. Especially games like Arizona Sunshine or Saints and Sinners VR
  • Pie_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lewis Abdul Hajar
  • Thanks received: 656
Teamspeak/Discord Head Administrator
SSRP Head Administrator
Rat Sandwich Enjoyer
The following user(s) said Thank You: alit

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317170

EviIstewie wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Alit wrote:
EviIstewie wrote:
Outlast is pretty lit although old its easily my favorite horror game and makes it into my top 20 games of all time (second one isn't as good but worth it if you can get it for like a fiver). Resident Evil 7 in the "Madhouse" mode is pretty spooky (its a whole new game at that point and is difficult) On top of that if you have vr try it in that, I made it a solid 10 mins before chickening out. Cry of fear is free and is really good(I see you said it looks outdated, honestly doesn't matter its free so its a no risk high reward when you see how fantastic it is). Any SCP game is a good time. Recently I watched a mate play The Beast Inside, looked really good, not overly spooky but overall as a game it was solid with fantastic puzzle elements. The first 2 bioshock games can be spooky although I pref the third bioshock game. Also outdated but amnesia the dark descent is a good horror game, takes me back to happier times watching pewdiepie lmao. Last one is Call Of Cthulhu which is based of a H. P. Lovecraft story, I'm just over an hour into it and although it hasn't got scary yet the visuals are outstanding (with the expectation of the mouth movement when speaking, its one of those ones (if you know you know lol))

Hope this helps and I wish you the best on your spooky adventures

Fuck sake didn't read everyone else's suggestions before doing the exact same
Thank you for a great answer Stewie! I appreciate that you took your time to give me some great suggestions. I have just bought the Bioshock Collection this morning, and planning in starting with it today. Biohazard have also been on my wishlist for some time now, didn't know it had a second mode called MadHouse. Sounds really interesting, i would love to have a game that can scare the living shit out of me ;)
Heads up BioShock infinite is a massive disappointment compared to the other two :(

How can you even post that an believe it :sick:
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317171

Pie_ wrote:
You should try save up for a VR headset! Horror games are much more fun when you play them in VR. Especially games like Arizona Sunshine or Saints and Sinners VR
We got a Valve Index here at home, so i might try that out Mr Pie. ;)
  • alit
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1819

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317353

Alright, so now that I'm back home, I can provide a few more suggestions, though I've already done so through Steam chat with our lad.

As I mentioned:

Home Sweet Home

Length: 5 hours
Combat: No (Second one, yes)
Puzzle Difficulty: 6/10
POV: First-Person

A Thai horror game created by Yggdrazil Group, who actually are a special effects company. It's rare to see a lot of games with a focus on a particular culture's folklore; but HSH is actually a really good game. You play Tim, looking for his wife Jane after she's been cursed. The first game focuses primarily on three malevolent beings; a ghost schoolgirl, a giant, and a traditional dancer spirit, all of whom are out for Tim's blood. The second game goes even deeper down the rabbit hole, and while not too scary, still carries a lot of interesting folklore, and is pretty dark - plus, it's quite a bit more action-oriented, there are actual bossfights in this one.

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Length: 10-12 hours
Combat: Yes
Puzzle Difficulty: 4/10
POV: First-person

It's a bit of a classic, but it's extremely dark. Detective, mentally unstable, but brilliant Ethan searches for a dark truth to the serial murders that have been occurring in his town. There are many unsettling moments in the game, and the detective elements also make it all the more immersive. The second one had a pretty incredible online mode.

God's Basement

Length: 4 hours
Combat: No
Puzzle Difficulty: 8/10
POV: First Person

Another indie horror game; it's a brutal reflection of the darkness of humanity, and how far we're willing to go to achieve our own goals. With many unsettling moments that speak volumes about the kind of person you're playing as; you won't get much better small-time indie than God's Basement. That said, there's another game very similar to it, but not quite as good, called The Survey.

Some additional suggestions:

2Dark

Puzzle difficulty: 5/10
POV: Third-person - Topdown

2Dark is a title made by one of the talented minds of Alone in the Dark. The game has retro graphics, so it's pixellated, but still rather advanced pixels. This game isn't about jumpscares, or about scaring you outright. It's about showing you the depths of depravity that humanity is really capable of. The very darkest, most sickening people imaginable, you confront them, and it's your choice whether you elect to bring justice to them, or leave them. Your first priority in this game is to rescue children. Playing as disgraced former, alcoholic, chain-smoking detective Smith, you're hunting the true mastermind behind a ring of child murderers.

Lost in Vivo

Length: 3-4 hours
Puzzle Difficulty: 3/10

Don't let the dated graphics fool you, this is a fairly recent game. Another retro game, but with a true Silent Hills-like vibe, you play an unnamed protagonist, who during an especially rainy day, has their service dog fall down a storm drain (yes, this is genuinely the plot). You go in after the dog, and based upon your decisions through this nightmare, you're bound to come out... better, or worse for it.

Remothered

Length: 6-7 hours
Combat: Yes/No (You can't kill the stalkers)
Puzzle Difficulty: 6/10 (Fetch quests, but they're fairly annoying)
POV: Third-Person

The spiritual successor to the Clock Tower series; Remothered goes back to a time where not being able to kill the monster was a lot more common. If you're not familiar with the Clock Tower series, it was a series of games where you'd be chased by a stalker throughout the entirety of a game. In some games, it was just one specific stalker. In others, it was multiple. The game rewards thinking carefully about your movements, and trying to read the movements of the stalker. So, to advance the plot, you need to think ahead, and be stealthy. You need to pay attention to the sounds around you. You'll hear them mumbling, yelling. You'll hear the door creaking open, and when you hear that sudden, high-pitched blaring sound, you will jump, and run for your life.

Dreadout

Length: 6-8 hours
Combat: Technically? Yes.
Puzzle Difficulty: 5/10

An Indonesian horror game! Focusing on elements of Indonesian folklore, Dreadout is the spiritual successor to the Fatal Frame series. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a series of horror games where you take pictures of the ghosts to kill them. The closer they are, the more damage you do. Keeping in mind that just because you can damage them, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll die if you use the camera on them, and you've only got so much life as they jumpscare you again and again every time they catch you. Linda is a high-school girl, out on a field trip, she gets dragged into a haunting nightmare with ghosts hunting her relentlessly.

These are just a few suggestions. Lemme know if you want anymore.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Father Watson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones, alit, Nogtog

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317354

Father Watson wrote:
Alright, so now that I'm back home, I can provide a few more suggestions, though I've already done so through Steam chat with our lad.

As I mentioned:

Home Sweet Home

Combat: No (Second one, yes)
Puzzle Difficulty: 6/10
POV: First-Person

A Thai horror game created by Yggdrazil Group, who actually are a special effects company. It's rare to see a lot of games with a focus on a particular culture's folklore; but HSH is actually a really good game. You play Tim, looking for his wife Jane after she's been cursed. The first game focuses primarily on three malevolent beings; a ghost schoolgirl, a giant, and a traditional dancer spirit, all of whom are out for Tim's blood. The second game goes even deeper down the rabbit hole, and while not too scary, still carries a lot of interesting folklore, and is pretty dark - plus, it's quite a bit more action-oriented, there are actual bossfights in this one.

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Length: 10-12 hours
Puzzle Difficulty: 4/10

It's a bit of a classic, but it's extremely dark. Detective, mentally unstable, but brilliant Ethan searches for a dark truth to the serial murders that have been occurring in his town. There are many unsettling moments in the game, and the detective elements also make it all the more immersive. The second one had a pretty incredible online mode.

God's Basement

Length: 4 hours
Combat: No
Puzzle Difficulty: 8/10
POV: First Person

Another indie horror game; it's a brutal reflection of the darkness of humanity, and how far we're willing to go to achieve our own goals. With many unsettling moments that speak volumes about the kind of person you're playing as; you won't get much better small-time indie than God's Basement. That said, there's another game very similar to it, but not quite as good, called The Survey.

Some additional suggestions:

2Dark

Puzzle difficulty: 5/10
POV: Third-person - Topdown

2Dark is a title made by one of the talented minds of Alone in the Dark. The game has retro graphics, so it's pixellated, but still rather advanced pixels. This game isn't about jumpscares, or about scaring you outright. It's about showing you the depths of depravity that humanity is really capable of. The very darkest, most sickening people imaginable, you confront them, and it's your choice whether you elect to bring justice to them, or leave them. Your first priority in this game is to rescue children. Playing as disgraced former, alcoholic, chain-smoking detective Smith, you're hunting the true mastermind behind a ring of child murderers.

Lost in Vivo

Length: 3-4 hours
Puzzle Difficulty: 3/10

Don't let the dated graphics fool you, this is a fairly recent game. Another retro game, but with a true Silent Hills-like vibe, you play an unnamed protagonist, who during an especially rainy day, has their service dog fall down a storm drain (yes, this is genuinely the plot). You go in after the dog, and based upon your decisions through this nightmare, you're bound to come out... better, or worse for it.

Remothered

Length: 6-7 hours
Combat: Yes/No (You can't kill the stalkers)
Puzzle Difficulty: 6/10 (Fetch quests, but they're fairly annoying)

The spiritual successor to the Clock Tower series; Remothered goes back to a time where not being able to kill the monster was a lot more common. If you're not familiar with the Clock Tower series, it was a series of games where you'd be chased by a stalker throughout the entirety of a game. In some games, it was just one specific stalker. In others, it was multiple. The game rewards thinking carefully about your movements, and trying to read the movements of the stalker. So, to advance the plot, you need to think ahead, and be stealthy. You need to pay attention to the sounds around you. You'll hear them mumbling, yelling. You'll hear the door creaking open, and when you hear that sudden, high-pitched blaring sound, you will jump, and run for your life.

Dreadout

Length: 6-8 hours
Combat: Technically? Yes.
Puzzle Difficulty: 5/10

An Indonesian horror game! Focusing on elements of Indonesian folklore, Dreadout is the spiritual successor to the Fatal Frame series. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a series of horror games where you take pictures of the ghosts to kill them. The closer they are, the more damage you do. Keeping in mind that just because you can damage them, it doesn't necessarily mean they'll die if you use the camera on them, and you've only got so much life as they jumpscare you again and again every time they catch you. Linda is a high-school girl, out on a field trip, she gets dragged into a haunting nightmare with ghosts hunting her relentlessly.

These are just a few suggestions. Lemme know if you want anymore.
Holy shit you are a legend. I might play some of these now tbh
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3434

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317359

I suggest you watch Markiplier's youtube channel, he does alot of stupid and real horror games, theres so many that i couldn't even write their name down, some may not be on steam but it's worth the try on certain spooky games
The following user(s) said Thank You: alit

Scawy question mark 3 years 1 month ago #1317384

Father Watson wrote:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Thank you alot for all the help today Mr Watson.
I'm going to give the first Bioshock a go now. And then i'm gonna play Home Sweet Home, later this week.
I appreciate all the games you recommended on steam and here on the forums. I'm sure im not the only one that appreciates this list and others might give it a go aswell, as im sure im not the only one that enjoys a good blood rush.
I will definitely add the other games to my list of games to buy!

Again thank you Mr Watson.
  • alit
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1819
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

133 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun