Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265816

I would like to apologize to the CM team for starting shit on the thread last week about how to improve the server, I regret that and it wasn' the right place to go. However and please do not delete this how on earth did you let Clarky get away with shit for so long.

He bullied, harassed and abused his powers for as long as he was a CM and he just got away with it, why didnt the CM team take any action against him. I know there are many many people who left because of him. He shouldn't be a part of this community and I hope you'll have some discussion about whether or not he should be here anymore.

He is an absolute stain on this community and the worst community manager ever to grace these servers.
  • Dope
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 24
The topic has been locked.

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265820

you present literally no evidence for any of your claims whereas the evidence against the people you're trying to appeal & apologise to for very similar issues is publicly visible and extensive
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265821

poop
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265822

"He is an absolute stain on this community and the worst community manager ever to grace these servers."
I'd tell you why you're wrong, but I can't B)
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter, Clarky, maybedovahkitty

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265823

You can’t just call him abusive without anything to back up your claims. Keep crying lol
  • Buffy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️ Rex ❤️
  • Thanks received: 2231

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265824

you’re still mad as fuck? my god just grow a pair and move on you grudge holding fuckwitt
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265826

who r u to say this lol
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265830

If he’s not cm anymore and hasn’t been for ages what do you expect this post to possibly achieve?
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1297
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by maddox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, Killa Kappa

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265833

Clarky wasn't perfect, and i had my problems with him but you can't straight up slander him like that, i was one of the most active player when Clarky got CM and left just before he resigned, never seen someone bringing up the fact that he bullied them or whatever.
In fact daily it was "OMG CLARKY DID THIS DURING NUKE"
"OMG CLARKY SAID FUCK YOU IN OOC"
"OMG CLARKY JUST MIC SPAMMED AS GANGSTER OMG"
The entire lead team was getting DESTROYED for the SMALLEST shit because peoples are fucking OMEGA giga toxic
If Clarky had bullied ANYBODY trust me that'd be a known drama, but you're just lying for no reason.
Also i've never seen you on the server, and it was the first time i saw you on the forums last week, you popped out of nowhere and started to slander Clarky.
Grow up bro
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, MichaeI

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265842

this drama is fine B)
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Clarky

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265845

Atleast clarky made the server fun !
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1738

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265846

Yeah fuck clarky he didn't give me jailbreak mod and now I'm mad herp derp
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265848

DANlEL wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
this drama is fine B)
because clarky isnt LT anymore
id fix everything for sure god it pains me to see everything going on, zarp was just more stressful than my irl job which keeping in mind i didn’t even get paid to be a CM (and i wasn’t expecting to either of course).

now idk what you’re trying to accomplish with this stupid topic but instead of trying to seem like the bigger man making petty meaningless call outs maybe actually solve your problems like a civil person and you’ll come to know that im actually a nice person who has fixed a lot of beef i had with people. if that doesn’t satisfy you enough then shut the fuck up and actually grow up instead of acting like a child because this is pathetic as fuck.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543
The following user(s) said Thank You: User01293

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265867

I can say for a fact that when he was a Community Manager, before and afterwards as well, Clarky did have a habit of harassing and bullying people. This is something which I haven't spoken about before as I preferred to avoid the drama that surrounds it and so would rather just accept that this kind of thing happens to be and that's that, but when it's clearly happened to others as well, obviously something needs to be said.

As a Community Developer, I was constantly put down by Clarky in various situations, harassed and attacked whenever I tried to report his behaviour and abuse on the servers. Myself and OnionRings once recorded Clarky being massively racist and rulebreaking on the server as a Community Manager and were met with abuse as a result being told we were "nitpicking" and "targeting" (for context, there was mass RDM, jokes about someone who was kidnapped and potentially killed, racism and more, it was not nitpicking at all, and here is a video of part of what was happening: ).

When I tried to deal with the constant issues from Clarky (the first time) I brought it up in the Lead Team Whatsapp group and attempted to talk about it, as I didn't want to escalate things or make it worse. The response I got was the following:

After I resigned due to Clarky straight up telling me that if I had an issue and couldn't take his "jokes" (these jokes were harassment and bullying), I came onto Teamspeak once Chute was back from his holiday to speak about these issues where he had been harassing me and others, including with this conversation he had with Onion when Onion tried to take one week off to get back into school since it was his first week back: pastebin.com/rB0vxfex

The result of my conversation with Clarky and Chute at this point was that Clarky was going to stop with the harassment and constant jokes and slurs and a new policy was added to the forums where staff had to give reasons on posts when deleting them by editing the post to include the reason and the name of the person who deleted the post (as this happened a while ago, I forget why this part was necessary) I decided to revoke my resignation and see if things would change.

For a while, things did improve, and Clarky seemed to lay off, but over time, things just got worse again (this is when the issue I mentioned before happened with the mass racism and rulebreaking in-game which myself and OnionRings reported). At this point, I realised the best way to deal with these issues was to just go for Community Manager myself, which is when I went around trying to formulate a full plan with uzi of issues with the community, things to improve and surveyed members of the community about various areas.

As a Community Manager, I personally had less issues with Clarky, until things started to pipe up again between him and other users. Every single week we were getting constant reports about Clarky having a horrible attitude ingame, we struggled to get him to do anything that was assigned to him on the Community Team OneNote and he continued to have issues with OnionRings. We tried to approach Clarky about these as a Community Team as it was definitely past the line of harassment towards users ingame, and he told us that this would improve, that he would make time to come to meetings and would start to do stuff. Unfortunately this improvement was never seen.

We tried for months to get these improvements to happen and to help Clarky to improve as a Community Manager and prevent these issues that people were constantly having with him ingame, but it got to a point where Clarky had to have his rank removed. After being demoted in the Community Team meeting, Clarky came to us promising improvement and begging for his rank back. We deliberated a lot and decided to give him a task to carry out to prove that he could have his rank back. This task was closely related to the issues - he had to work together with OnionRings to test maps and add them to Surf and BHOP throughout the week. Unfortunately, due to the harassment he had already experienced from Clarky, OnionRings was not okay with this (understandably so) and had other things to focus on in life, so opted to resign.

We decided a new course of action, rather than taking Clarky's rank from him at this point despite the task not being completed was that we would restore him as a Community Manager with the condition that he would take over as the Server Owner for Surf and BHOP and work on updates and improvements for these servers. In Server Owner meetings, we heard some good ideas and had high hopes for this, but nothing seemed to actually be happening. I once asked Clarky for a progress update in a spacer on Teamspeak for BHOP and Surf and he decided to shout and scream at me, telling me he did "not care for the servers" and "did not want to own them in the first place" and that I should do it all myself (Luckily this was after Jim_Jam got Community Manager and he volunteered to take over and make sure the servers were doing okay).

In the following Community Team meeting, we confronted Clarky about this and he told us he did not want to work on Surf and BHOP and would instead work on his brand new Team Fortress 2 server. This didn't seem like a bad idea at all, and we expected great things, as Clarky seemed to be a big fan of the game. Chute set up the base server for him and let him get to work on it. Unfortunately, it turned out that we were wrong about this as well. At every turn, Clarky needed Chute to do things for the server, including things which he claimed were "necessary for release" which would go on to never be used or even mentioned. The majority of the work for the release of this server had to be done by Chute.

Once the server was released, we didn't see much of Clarky on it anymore after a couple of days. After the amount of work that we had put in to help him achieve his goal of releasing this server, we had continued to expect great things, but unfortunately in every Server Owner meeting when we asked what the plan was, we heard the same thing which was a plan for an "event" on the server and some kind of "bots" system. Every week when we asked about this, we were told it would happen "next week". (It never happened)

At this time, the attitude issues from Clarky ingame were becoming problematic again, and we were barely seeing him in any of the meetings in the community, often being late when he did attend. We eventually felt that things had gone too far and decided that it was time for Clarky to no longer be a Community Manager. We thought it would be best to try talking about this first and see if he wanted to resign, and if not we were going to demote him. When we spoke with Clarky, I'm sure he realised this to be the case and told us that he would just resign. In all fairness, at this time, we probably should not have allowed this to happen, and should've kept it to a demotion as we had initially planned.

Since leaving the Community Team, we have had even more issues with Clarky lying about us, lying about what he did as a Community Manager, claiming other peoples' ideas as his own and coming on our servers using cheats after begging us to let him be on the Community Council and proceeding to not show up for the meetings in order to "see if the anticheat had improved". Clarky has shown that he does not want to be a respectful member of this community, and has had an awful attitude towards us constantly, saying he would "fix things" that things were "better" when he was a CM and slandering us as a Community Team.

Harassment and bullying have been common in the community from certain users, with Clarky being one of these users, just because I am an Owner does not mean I am going to allow this to happen without having any word on it, and just because this is a gaming community does not mean that we should sit down and accept constant verbal abuse and harassment. We will take the appropriate action, and that is our decision as the owners of this community. If people acted like they have towards us recently in the real world, you would be kicked out and barred from whatever establishment it was.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk, Dope, OnionRings, Martin, Chienman and 1 more...

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265869

TheXnator wrote:
I can say for a fact that when he was a Community Manager, before and afterwards as well, Clarky did have a habit of harassing and bullying people. This is something which I haven't spoken about before as I preferred to avoid the drama that surrounds it and so would rather just accept that this kind of thing happens to be and that's that, but when it's clearly happened to others as well, obviously something needs to be said.

As a Community Developer, I was constantly put down by Clarky in various situations, harassed and attacked whenever I tried to report his behaviour and abuse on the servers. Myself and OnionRings once recorded Clarky being massively racist and rulebreaking on the server as a Community Manager and were met with abuse as a result being told we were "nitpicking" and "targeting" (for context, there was mass RDM, jokes about someone who was kidnapped and potentially killed, racism and more, it was not nitpicking at all, and here is a video of part of what was happening: ).

okay im not gonna get into the rest of this because quite frankly i feel great at the moment so i cant be bothered arguing but holy shit this is a pisstake, no "mass RDM" occurred that's just blatant slander and not a single individual was "massively racist" as you claim them to be - not a single part of what happened bothered any individual involved and we actively made sure of this & you were also both misusing spectate at the time to try to get dirt, so let's just get that out there - this occurred quite literally a year ago and you handled this vaguely and without any form of direct communication, and your ability to handle situations evidently hasn't improved

clarky's not a saint, i'm not a saint, we're not perfect whatsoever, i'll accept that - but come the fuck on man, this is such a reach it's unreal
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by SorIe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, Denis, Killa Kappa, Callum Johnson, JoshuaIsGreat and 2 more...

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265876

Buffy wrote:
You can’t just call him abusive without anything to back up your claims. Keep crying lol

• TrixX
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Muslamic Vision
  • Thanks received: 284

Apology/Clarky's Harassment and abuse 3 years 7 months ago #1265885

this is a nice diversion, deja vu and all that
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️