TOPIC: [Release] SSRP Discord Bot

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214247

SSRP Discord Bot

- Contents removed -
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1186
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by TheXnator.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis, slodoban milošević, JoeyRecon

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214249

:support:

Why did u rip my first jugg man
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214252

TheFierceOwl wrote:

Why did u rip my first jugg man

You were wanted vro
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheFierceOwl

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214254

Pretty cool feature actually.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656
The following user(s) said Thank You: bunnyslippers69

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214269

Hi man can you please release the source code make sure to add a GitHub link your thread
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214270

Chuteuk wrote:
Hi man can you please release the source code make sure to add a GitHub link your thread

Yeah i'm doing that now. Give me like half an hour to clean everything up and add comments.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214271

Cool, gonna have a play around on my test server with it
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214277

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Yeah i'm doing that now. Give me like half an hour to clean everything up and add comments.

All done vro.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214283

I'd recommend splitting commands.js into different files (cleaner coding practice see here for an example).

Ultimatley looks good though, another good practice is avoiding hard coding stuff, in your SSRPItems.cs is the file standing out to me thats hardcoded. Try using a data storing method and creating commands (could be specified to only a certain user or rank that can use this command) where you can add items which should be easier than editing the actual code to add more items. Just a suggestion though I know sometimes people prefer adding it via the code. A config file is also a nice touch to stop people from searching through all your code to modify specific values.

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 5 days ago #1214286

Aidan New Name Banter wrote:
I'd recommend splitting commands.js into different files (cleaner coding practice see here for an example).

Ultimatley looks good though, another good practice is avoiding hard coding stuff, in your SSRPItems.cs is the file standing out to me thats hardcoded. Try using a data storing method and creating commands (could be specified to only a certain user or rank that can use this command) where you can add items which should be easier than editing the actual code to add more items. Just a suggestion though I know sometimes people prefer adding it via the code. A config file is also a nice touch to stop people from searching through all your code to modify specific values.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll definitely ocnsider cleaning up the Items file. I'll most likely do that after i've got to a point where i'm fairly certain the bot is finished, as it's not a priority at the moment. It does the job well enough for me to not be too concerned about it right now.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 4 days ago #1214316

:support: Would be cool.

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 4 days ago #1214319

Huperchild wrote:
DG Noah wrote:
:support: Would be cool.
What would?
codabro would
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 4 days ago #1214320

Has been tested in the JH discord and everyone including myself loves it!
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1821
Jay House number 1 as always
The following user(s) said Thank You: bunnyslippers69

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 4 days ago #1214336

:plussp:
  • Skiper
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 345
what?

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 4 days ago #1214761

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, i'll definitely ocnsider cleaning up the Items file. I'll most likely do that after i've got to a point where i'm fairly certain the bot is finished, as it's not a priority at the moment. It does the job well enough for me to not be too concerned about it right now.

I decided i'd do both the things you mentioned regardless. You can now add/remove items and printers with commands. Cleaned up the commands, spllit them into different files.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 4 days ago #1214817

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
Bunnyslippers69 wrote:

I decided i'd do both the things you mentioned regardless. You can now add/remove items and printers with commands. Cleaned up the commands, spllit them into different files.

Good work, although stuff like
if (Context.Message.Author.ToString() != "Bunny#9220") { await Context.Channel.SendMessageAsync("No permission"); }

Tends to be an insecure method. In theory what would stop someone with discord nitro impersonating your account. You'd be better enabling developer mode on discord and getting your userID and using that. (discord.js.org/#/docs/main/stable/class/...ence?scrollTo=userID)

I've proposed a new commit to one of your files using your userid, I'd review it beforehand though as its been a while since I've worked with discord bots.

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 4 years 4 days ago #1214823

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
Bunnyslippers69 wrote:

Good work, although stuff like
if (Context.Message.Author.ToString() != "Bunny#9220") { await Context.Channel.SendMessageAsync("No permission"); }

Tends to be an insecure method. In theory what would stop someone with discord nitro impersonating your account. You'd be better enabling developer mode on discord and getting your userID and using that. (discord.js.org/#/docs/main/stable/class/...ence?scrollTo=userID)

I've proposed a new commit to one of your files using your userid, I'd review it beforehand though as its been a while since I've worked with discord bots.

Yeah cheers. I didn't plan on leaving it there permanently, just couldn't be arsed doing something different in the moment.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder

[Release] SSRP Discord Bot 3 years 11 months ago #1219697

Added a bunch more commands.
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder