Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Requesting Assistance

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184076

Huperchild wrote:
put it in rice
btw had the same problem with 90+ degrees and my screen was going off and on
that's when i realized AMD graphics cards are absolute garbage.

New AMD series Graphics Cards are fantastic man, not sure what you're talking about.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4844
Login or register to post a reply.

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184077

The epic gamer move here would be to buy a mega fan massive one y know like the spiny ones like 130cm tall ones and point it at the laptop
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1225
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184091

Huperchild wrote:
Narexa wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
put it in rice
btw had the same problem with 90+ degrees and my screen was going off and on
that's when i realized AMD graphics cards are absolute garbage.

New AMD series Graphics Cards are fantastic man, not sure what you're talking about.
Narexa wrote:
New

You didn't specify new or old, you simply stated AMD graphics cards as a whole are garbage which is false, sir.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4844

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184551

Mr. Richard wrote:
Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
You said your CPU reaches 75° when idle. This could be a sign of a malware infection. I suggest running an AV scan in safe mode with like Malwarebytes. It's more than likely that you don't have any malware running on your laptop, but now seems like a good time to just double check.

You could also try leaving your laptop on for like 20 minutes with the task manager open. Don't do anything else with it and just monitor which programs are taking up the most resources. These could be causing your problem. I assume you know this, but by clicking the "More details" button, it'll show you how much of your CPU, Memory and GPU are being taken up.

But yeah. You're probably fine on the software side of things as it's most likely a hardware issue, although it's always a good idea to double check before dishing out loads of money on stuff that you wouldn't have needed if you'd just used up like an hour of your time earlier on.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do what you said, tomorrow, and hopefully come back with good news.

I ran an Anti-Virus on safe mode with Malwarebytes, as instructed, had a few viruses, got rid of them, but that did unfortunately not solve my issue. Also, I observed Task Manager for quite some time without running or starting anything, CPU utilization is at a minimum, but the temperature still remains the same.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5444

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184639

Check vents. Could be clogged with dust. Same with fans, best bet would be to get a compressed air cannister.

Would definitely be worth to get a laptop cooler. Get one with high RPM if sound isn't an issue. But before you do, run your laptop on almost full power and after a while see where the heat is located primarily. It should be around the middle top mostly, if so, get a cooler that has a fan targeting that area.

Also check if your laptop has some manufacturer settings that have custom fan blowing speeds on function keys, my girlfriend spent a long time playing sims without knowing it and it was getting quite warm, now it's all good.

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184646

Alright so, after investigating my issue on Google, going through random settings, contacting the HP support centre, and calling over a few friends who are good with PC's, I have finally realized what the issues are.

So, firstly, the geniuses at HP thought that making the heat pipes of both the CPU and GPU connected (and putting them extremely close together) would make a wonderful idea, especially for a gaming laptop with such a strong central processing unit. My friends who work on laptops for a living have stated that such a thing, especially for gaming laptops, is one of the worst you can see. But that isn't the full reason as to why it's overheating.

Secondly, most gaming laptops are apparently designed to perform better when plugged in. Hence why my FPS would always drop to 20-30 when unplugged. After doing some tests, it was determined that for some reason, the laptop was designed to (mostly) maintain the CPU's frequency at 3907 MHz, sometimes reaching the maximum of 4007 Mhz whilst playing games due to something called the "Intel Turbo Boost Technology", which can be considered similar to overclocking.

Nonetheless, I will still be purchasing two new, stronger fans, as well as adding some quality heat-conducting paste for both my CPU and GPU, and will see to acquire a cooling pad as well, for longer gaming sessions. I'd like to thank you all for helping me on this thread but it seems like there was no problem after all, people @ HP are simply retarded.

TL;DR Don't buy gaming Laptops from HP, they obviously don't know how to make them, and choose your future PC's carefully.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Mr. Richard.

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184651

Glad to see that you have located the issue Richard :)

Regarding plugging the power: in 2012 I bought a gaming laptop from lenovo and I had exact same "limitation" that when it was not plugged in performance would drop significally. From my own experience I advice you, the best method to extend live of your battery would be to take it out when you need it and leave laptop plugged to power supply. This way, I've still got 4 hours on the battery :D
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by GregoryTWIX.

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184653

GregoryTWIX wrote:
Glad to see that you have located the issue Richard :)

Regarding plugging the power: in 2012 I bought a gaming laptop from lenovo and I had exact same "limitation" that when it was not plugged in performance would drop significally. From my own experience I advice you, the best method to extend live of your battery would be to take it out when you need it and leave laptop plugged to power supply. This way, I've still got 4 hours on the battery :D

Well, apparently...

Do gaming laptops need to be plugged in?

Does my gaming Laptop needs to play in plugged in? ... Yes its recommended to game with the power cord plugged in and it will not hurt the battery. Laptops in general (not just HP) are setup to not overcharge the battery after it reaches charge. You can safely charge the battery while gaming, it just wont charge as fast.

I keep it plugged in whilst gaming, unplug it when not, and never charge it when I shut it down (unless if I need it on a trip or for work).
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Mr. Richard.

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184656

Mr. Richard wrote:
this might not apply to you but bluestacks can make some PCs and laptops go MAD, my old pc could run bluestacks, but all the temperatures just skyrocket and the fans go crazy, the task manager never showed that it was bluestacks heating my pc, but it was obvious because i tested it by only running bluestacks and that was the issue. again, it looks like you have found some causes already but just not using bluestacks helped me a while back.
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184657

Hiro. wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
this might not apply to you but bluestacks can make some PCs and laptops go MAD, my old pc could run bluestacks, but all the temperatures just skyrocket and the fans go crazy, the task manager never showed that it was bluestacks heating my pc, but it was obvious because i tested it by only running bluestacks and that was the issue. again, it looks like you have found some causes already but just not using bluestacks helped me a while back.

That's Bunnyslippers' Task Manager, not mine. I don't even know what that program/software is.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Requesting Assistance 4 years 9 months ago #1184662

Mr. Richard wrote:
That's Bunnyslippers' Task Manager, not mine. I don't even know what that program/software is.

oh lol
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment