Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Opinion on Classic Server

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155451

So i've been reading through the classic server post and it seems large majority want Evilmelon back however IMO this really isn't the best choice due to how much zarp has changed since 2014. For example the lack of good base locations, the only ones I can think of that are good of the top of my head would be Disco and under ground, the rest just can't really be used for the metas, and the only reason i'd even say the underground is because of the insane AoH base we used to have underground that was good. But you need to think with the lack of base locations is this going to work as it should?

People will swarm to this server (new heads & old heads) meaning high playercount most likely but with the lack of base locations it's going to be a mess as even though there are two good base locations meaning two dominant gangs will most likely get these, they just can't catch up with the metas.

A map that would be suitable for this server is Rockford v1b, it's a large map with loads of base locations such as, Disco, Mansions, Apartments, beach houses and warehouses if district is taken over. So the good base locations from different maps are currently 2 to 5 atm (Rockford ones being classed as districts and not buildings like evilmelon). It's almost more suitable for a higher playercount as it's a big map however Evilmelon is a small map and i'd imagine it being chaos with high player count.

I also heard that the server will have a linked data base, I can't think of a good enough reason other than "People have spent a lot of time and money onto the server" however i'd imagine the DarkRP server will still be about and if we have the darkrp servers and classic server linked together it won't last long due to the lack of things to grind for. The classic server will potentially bring loads of new community members upon it's release and if everyone has all there current billions then there is 0 point in basing for anyone meaning no raids, which removes a large majority of why people want the new classic server. Back to the new player thing, if people run around with Billions it'll be harder for new players to catch up and will most likely just get dominated by the people who raid new people due to them not being to raid anyone else.

Anyways this is my opinions on the current map and choices that have been made for this classic server, i'd like to hear your opinions on both evilmelon and no new data base.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ........, SorIe, narexa, Clarky, .uzi and 1 more...

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155452

Evilmelon is probably going to be a nostalgic trip and that's it. Patrick dislikes the map and refuses to do edits to it so what's the point if there isn't much variety to the map?
  • Clarky
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 46745
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, SorIe, TILTED TURTLE, DanielEscobar, 123123123123

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155453

Clarky wrote:
Evilmelon is probably going to be a nostalgic trip and that's it. Patrick dislikes the map and refuses to do edits to it so what's the point if there isn't much variety to the map?

A nostalgic trip only lasts may be like a few days then people will have enough of it so I also don't see the point in it, most of the current members within the community wasn't even about when it was.

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155454

Yeah I completely agree, I'm not too bothered on the map choice but the data base cannot be linked or else it's useless to make a classic server.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, Wonky, Jeppe, Smol

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155465

I think a good idea would be to rotate maps per month, for example, Evilmelon at launch to see how players like it. After everyone gets their nostalgia and realizes the map isn't very good for high player count it would be changed to something like rockfordv1, or another old map and rotate out each month or so. I just don't think any new maps would fit the style of a "classic" server such as the current S1 map or even having rockfordv2

Edit - I believe the only thing that should transfer over from normal servers is VIP, no booster packs on the server. You have to earn your money, not buy it.
  • Zorri
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 71
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Zorri.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, Jeppe

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155479

Zorri wrote:
I think a good idea would be to rotate maps per month, for example, Evilmelon at launch to see how players like it. After everyone gets their nostalgia and realizes the map isn't very good for high player count it would be changed to something like rockfordv1, or another old map and rotate out each month or so. I just don't think any new maps would fit the style of a "classic" server such as the current S1 map or even having rockfordv2

Edit - I believe the only thing that should transfer over from normal servers is VIP, no booster packs on the server. You have to earn your money, not buy it.

It's a bad idea to start off with a Evilmelon due to the fact that it'll just ruin everyones first opinion on the server as there is no where good enough for players to base, the only reason people want it is for the nostalgia feeling but EvilMelon was never the main basing server back in the day unless you wanted to be left alone, and because we haven't got multiple classic servers with different maps to bounce about between it'll ruin a lot of peoples first opinions on the map(and server) and will allow the dominant players to gain a massive advantage before the map changes as there is really only 2 good basing locations meaning only 2 gangs/allied with fellow gangs will get the good spots to base making it a lot harder for upcoming players or even players who in the community now. If people dominated the only two good spots, they'll grind for days and get loads of money before map change making it harder after map changes.

However if you started with rockford, it'll allow more than 2 gangs to spread around the map making bases and controlling an area of that map. There are also endless places of new players to base and make decent bases compared to Evilmelon and it'd do the classic server and community good to take advantage of the high player count that'll bring new players to the server again and again as they won't get dicked on everytime they base due to a shitty base locations. This map would 100% suit the "classic" times as back in 2015 this was a favorable map by gangs such as A-Team, SM and BiB back in 2015 days.

I agree that may be the only thing they should transfer is VIP, no cash, no boosters. A fresh start is what is needed on the Classic because if there is no new data base it'll only destroy the whole purpose of this, being that people will have to base, raid and what not. Doing this only really benefits the server as people will come back on the daily just to grind meaning a stable player count within the server.

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155487

I don't think splitting the community on 2 different types of ssrp servers is a good idea, in my opinion there should just be a legacy server but I don't think they will ever do this but they really should, at this point they haven't really got anything to lose so I don't understand why they won't try it out
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Plankton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, h0meless, Jeppe

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155489

Plankton wrote:
I don't think splitting the community on 2 different types of ssrp servers is a good idea, in my opinion there should just be a legacy server but I don't think they will ever do this but they really should, at this point they haven't really got anything to lose so I don't understand why they won't try it out

I feel like SSRP has fully passed it's expiry date at this point for players like me & you, we've done everything possible and it's time to may be go back to older times where we'd enjoy logging on for actual pvp instead of people jumping about in suits
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plankton

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155490

Vicente Carrillo Fuentes wrote:
Plankton wrote:

I feel like SSRP has fully passed it's expiry date at this point for players like me & you, we've done everything possible and it's time to may be go back to older times where we'd enjoy logging on for actual pvp instead of people jumping about in suits

By the player count it would seem like most people agree
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155491

Hello jamal
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155492

A Good Pianist wrote:
Hello jamal

Hello Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: A Good Pianist

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155499

A Good Pianist wrote:
Hello jamal

Hello Rob

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: u best return for te laughs n dat I speak like Micky now
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155501

I don't really care about the map tbh. Your point is quite valid tho. As it stands now, they don't reset database which means it will suck anyway. Wish there was a server that really replicated old ZARP. Almost like, a private server does with old games nowadays.
  • OG Dylan
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Vanilla servers pls
  • Thanks received: 183
The following user(s) said Thank You: XxmasterxX, Vicente Carrillo Fuentes

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155692

A Good Pianist wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Hello jamal

Hello Rob

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: u best return for te laughs n dat I speak like Micky now

I will if the classic server becomes a thing x

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155720

A Good Pianist wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Hello jamal

Hello Rob

Dooooood let's make it a thing
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155724

A Good Pianist wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Hello jamal

Hello Rob

Already on it babes x

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155747

A Good Pianist wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
Hello jamal

Hello Rob

Already on it babes x

:blush: :blush: :kiss: :blush: :blush:
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

My Opinion on Classic Server 4 years 7 months ago #1155836

Tbh I agree too
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

224 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf