TOPIC: Death stranding

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1125957

• DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Login or register to post a reply.

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1125958

This game has never looked interesting to me and I was always curious why everyone is so hyped for it
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1125968

Looks great!
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1125994

Graphics might be good, but the story will be as short as the recent Call Of Duty games..
  • Katje
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 844

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1125996

Never heard of this game until I saw this post
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bigwhal Gaming
  • Thanks received: 501
Former Bhop Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former TTT Admin
Former Surf Admin
Former Deathrun Admin
Former Prophunt Mod
Former Murder Admin

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1126087

This game never gets any clearer, it's so interesting.

Isn't it Kojima's first game since he was axed from Konami?
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1126101

First of all: Yes. This game is extremely exciting to me, and I'm going to really enjoy getting it.
Second: Bite me, DeadMonstor, you have no right to be posting about our lord and saviour Hideo Kojima's masterwork (Not counting MGS because fuck Konami).
Narexa wrote:
This game has never looked interesting to me and I was always curious why everyone is so hyped for it

In all seriousness, this is a fairly good point. To any newcomer to Kojima's work, and even to people who have already played an MGS game - this is a bit of a minefield of "it's really good" and "it's really fucking confusing" and "it's really not as great as people think it's gonna be".

The reason the game is hyped I'd say is primarily because of two things:
1) It's Kojima's first project since leaving Konami. People love Kojima.
2) It's got all the same people that were going to be in P. T. - the Silent Hill game that never was. Reedus would've been the protagonist, and Guillermo Del Toro was working with Kojima to write the story.

Anything beyond that, the hype is mostly down to "Hey, this game is trying to do something different." That's a very, very controversial statement because at the minute, *every* game is trying to do something different. But for a lot of people, following the journey this game has had since it was first announced years ago is definitely a big part of the hype, and Kojima has worked really hard to find the right materials for this game and to make it into what he wants it to be - which was really what brought MGS5 down a few pegs because of the shit with Konami forcing release earlier than anticipated, and sacking his ass, etc.
Katje wrote:
Graphics might be good, but the story will be as short as the recent Call Of Duty games..
This is... difficult. Again, for people unfamiliar with Kojima's work, they might be like "this just looks like a weird game trying to be edgy", or people who are familiar with it are probably gonna be like "is he gonna make it super-complicated and over the top" and the short answer is probably yes given what we've seen. I imagine people will constantly be trying to figure shit out with this game, and about half the people who play it probably won't understand half the game. I do disagree, though. I think the game is gonna have a really in-depth story, as story has always been Kojima's favourite part of development.
.uzi wrote:
This game never gets any clearer, it's so interesting.

Isn't it Kojima's first game since he was axed from Konami?

As I said above, yes. This is Kojima's first game since being released from Konami's iron-grip. Funnily enough, as I said, he was gonna do the next Silent Hill game - titled Silent Hills - but all we got out of that was P. T., and the attempted clones have been frequent. Layers of Fear being the biggest offender, but there are others like Allison Road, Visage, etc. The game probably won't get any easier to understand given Kojima's fascination with deep narrative, etc. But hey. It'll be good. Plus, Mads Mikkelsen is the bad guy, innit.

All in all, I'm looking forward to it.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katje, Mr. Richard

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1126104

Yeah I mean it looks interesting I guess but I've seen so many interesting games that try to go the extra mile fail that I just physically can't get excited for these types of games anymore, I do hope it's good though I'm glad they're taking their time with it to (hopefully) be making it great!
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

Death stranding 4 years 10 months ago #1126111

It's funny you should say that because that's what my last paragraph addressed to you was about in the last post, but also - sort of continuing along that train of thought, very recently, Platinum Games said "OH WE'LL BE FUCKIN' DOING SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE IN GAMING"

And it's kind of like... well, there's a difference between "Doing something different" and "doing something that has never been done before". Because you can take something and spin it in a different way and that technically counts as different. But "doing something that has never been done before" is one of those "redefining gaming" moments. I mean, Five Nights at Freddy's was said to be the first game that did the cameras thing - it really fuckin' wasn't. There was a game in the fuckin' nineties doing the cameras thing. Check this shit out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Trap

It's like I want to believe there is originality but it really doesn't have to be a matter of "LET'S DO SOMETHING THAT'S NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE" because that's just opening a whole box of criticism if it isn't something that's not been done before.

That said, I like Platinum Games. They made some of my favourite Beat 'em Ups and Hack and Slash games. Like God Hand, Metal Gear Rising, etc.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40