Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Competing in a 100K Tourney

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094378

Backpackronixes wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
@Diet Water it’s axtuslly not easy it’s more than just aim and building, understanding when where and how to rotate endgame early game etc, knowing when to use utility, fight, when or how to use mobility effectively, it’s easy to win a scrim if it’s low level but high point pop ups and prac cord scrims are hard with 45 players last few zones. I’ve won like 600 in just wagers and scrim matches, but it depends on how high or low level the scrim game is. When I started scrimming I could win FNPL scrims back to back no problem (open scrims) but when I first got into a pro scrim I didn’t even make it to the 5th zone 3 games in a row.

People assume fortnite is easy to be good at, yeah it’s easy to get the mechanics down but the gamesense and everything else is incredibly hard, there’s also an RNG factor and you need to know how to work around not getting a launch pad, hop into this pop up cup and get more than 60 points and you’ll understand the difference from a low level scrim to a high level scrim.
no offence but fortnite doesn't deserve to be competetive, you say its hard to understand but compare it to a real esport game like league :lol: :silly: imagine the amount of knowledge you need in fortnite compared to league it's like 1 to 100
Not really, in league obviously you need alot of knowledge of the mechanics etc. In fortnite you need to know alot about the skills. Such as aiming, teamwork and coordination and building taking a big part into skill. Bassicly any game has exports potential if it has a big enough comp scene. Just because fortnite doesn't appeal to someone doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered for exports. Tbh league bores the shit out of me

League has more depth than mechanical skills, if what you said was the case then all the T2 and T3 teams would've been in the LCS right? Fortnite on the other hand has no gameplay depth, no huge gamesense factors, RNG based, and since it's a BR it requires basic communication and teamwork skills, this applies to most battle royale games, which is why mostly nonamers or washed up competitive players join Fortnite. To wrap it up, it's a game for casuals, hell even the building is something you can do mindlessly if you play for 1 hour.

Anyway this thread clearly shows how clueless people are in competitive games ZULOL
You’re totally wrong about gamesense, tell me how you win a game with no extra shield or mobility items. How do you recover when you have no loot and enemies have everything, tell me how you take high ground endgame effectively, tell me how and when you should snake yo the left right when to stop when to continue when to get in someone’s box to use their mobility or to fight, what’s a bad fight what’s a good one, when are you safe to take shots, when are kills needed, when should you rotate and where, how do you avoid fights in a 49 man circle no bigger than trump in tilted
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.
Login or register to post a reply.

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094380

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
@Diet Water it’s axtuslly not easy it’s more than just aim and building, understanding when where and how to rotate endgame early game etc, knowing when to use utility, fight, when or how to use mobility effectively, it’s easy to win a scrim if it’s low level but high point pop ups and prac cord scrims are hard with 45 players last few zones. I’ve won like 600 in just wagers and scrim matches, but it depends on how high or low level the scrim game is. When I started scrimming I could win FNPL scrims back to back no problem (open scrims) but when I first got into a pro scrim I didn’t even make it to the 5th zone 3 games in a row.

People assume fortnite is easy to be good at, yeah it’s easy to get the mechanics down but the gamesense and everything else is incredibly hard, there’s also an RNG factor and you need to know how to work around not getting a launch pad, hop into this pop up cup and get more than 60 points and you’ll understand the difference from a low level scrim to a high level scrim.
no offence but fortnite doesn't deserve to be competetive, you say its hard to understand but compare it to a real esport game like league :lol: :silly: imagine the amount of knowledge you need in fortnite compared to league it's like 1 to 100
Not really, in league obviously you need alot of knowledge of the mechanics etc. In fortnite you need to know alot about the skills. Such as aiming, teamwork and coordination and building taking a big part into skill. Bassicly any game has exports potential if it has a big enough comp scene. Just because fortnite doesn't appeal to someone doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered for exports. Tbh league bores the shit out of me

u forgot items.. wave management... power-plays... pushing leads... continuous communication between every single player movement from the shotcaller by simply looking at the minimap :silly: :blink: :side: that's only the beginning mate don't try to compare a MOBA and a THIRD person shooter game in the esports scene
There’s a lot of the same situations in league, fortnite there’s different zones, different guns loot mats shield every time, it takes skill to win a game when you only have a tac shotgun and everyone else has a pump, there needs to be a lot of adaptation skills, the map changes all the time, playin without mats endgame is one of the most challenging things you can do, when you have 45 players moving in one circle trying to understand where people are going to go how they’re doing it who’s a threat, even understanding what to do when people have certain utility like stinks clingers rpgs etc, every scenario is different, games like CSGO and league have similar situations more often than less, fortnite has a different outcome almost every game, even predicting where zone is going to be and who has mobility based on how they’re moving rotating and if they’re being aggressive or not (for using other enemies launch pads or rift to gos)
Any game can be an eSport if it’s taken seriously enough.

even with the rng aspect it's nowhere near as hard as league in the competitive scene, and the fact its so random is one of the reasons it doesn't deserve to be a competitive game
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094381

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:

u forgot items.. wave management... power-plays... pushing leads... continuous communication between every single player movement from the shotcaller by simply looking at the minimap :silly: :blink: :side: that's only the beginning mate don't try to compare a MOBA and a THIRD person shooter game in the esports scene
There’s a lot of the same situations in league, fortnite there’s different zones, different guns loot mats shield every time, it takes skill to win a game when you only have a tac shotgun and everyone else has a pump, there needs to be a lot of adaptation skills, the map changes all the time, playin without mats endgame is one of the most challenging things you can do, when you have 45 players moving in one circle trying to understand where people are going to go how they’re doing it who’s a threat, even understanding what to do when people have certain utility like stinks clingers rpgs etc, every scenario is different, games like CSGO and league have similar situations more often than less, fortnite has a different outcome almost every game, even predicting where zone is going to be and who has mobility based on how they’re moving rotating and if they’re being aggressive or not (for using other enemies launch pads or rift to gos)
So pressing mouse 1 to have another HP bar is considered a skill? Everything you described is RNG which has no place in competitive esports.
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094385

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
Backpackronixes wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:

League has more depth than mechanical skills, if what you said was the case then all the T2 and T3 teams would've been in the LCS right? Fortnite on the other hand has no gameplay depth, no huge gamesense factors, RNG based, and since it's a BR it requires basic communication and teamwork skills, this applies to most battle royale games, which is why mostly nonamers or washed up competitive players join Fortnite. To wrap it up, it's a game for casuals, hell even the building is something you can do mindlessly if you play for 1 hour.

Anyway this thread clearly shows how clueless people are in competitive games ZULOL
You’re totally wrong about gamesense, tell me how you win a game with no extra shield or mobility items. How do you recover when you have no loot and enemies have everything, tell me how you take high ground endgame effectively, tell me how and when you should snake yo the left right when to stop when to continue when to get in someone’s box to use their mobility or to fight, what’s a bad fight what’s a good one, when are you safe to take shots, when are kills needed, when should you rotate and where, how do you avoid fights in a 49 man circle no bigger than trump in tilted
Basic gamesense but you're trying to make it look hard, either you're really bad at this game and trying to find an excuse for your losses or you actually never played any other competitive game at high level, and don't come at me with your ESEA bullshit because you play in A- where everyone is frag hunting for RWS
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by pigskin.

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094386

Backpackronixes wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:

So pressing mouse 1 to have another HP bar is considered a skill? Everything you described is RNG which has no place in competitive esports.
Actually there is because just because you have no good loot doesn’t mean you can’t win, if you play it right you can always win, if I got no gun kff of spawn Amanda a guy got a pump I can just run loot outskirts get max materials and just piggy back off of peoples mobility and left over loot from fights, no matter how bad the RNG you can always win unless you 50/50 for guns which you should avoid or 50/50 buildings which you should avoid. I’ve won pro scrims when I didn’t even land at a location that had a chest, I had a gray tac and a smg and won by movin smart, hiding, piggy backing, rotating smart and taking the easy fights.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094388

Backpackronixes wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
Backpackronixes wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:

Basic gamesense but you're trying to make it look hard, either you're really bad at this game and trying to find an excuse for your losses or you actually never played any other competitive game at high level.
I played CSGO competitively wasn’t pro obviously but I played league etc, it’s a different game but there’s no real RNG aspect except hitboxes and lucky shots etc. A lot of situations are similar. Fortnite isn’t an easy game to be a competitive player in, it takes a lot of patience and adaptability.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
Aspect wrote:

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094389

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
Backpackronixes wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:

Actually there is because just because you have no good loot doesn’t mean you can’t win, if you play it right you can always win, if I got no gun kff of spawn Amanda a guy got a pump I can just run loot outskirts get max materials and just piggy back off of peoples mobility and left over loot from fights, no matter how bad the RNG you can always win unless you 50/50 for guns which you should avoid or 50/50 buildings which you should avoid. I’ve won pro scrims when I didn’t even land at a location that had a chest, I had a gray tac and a smg and won by movin smart, hiding, piggy backing, rotating smart and taking the easy fights.
Yeah? That's basic BR gameplay, you're trying to make it look like it needs 140IQ.
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094390

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
Backpackronixes wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:

in league if u have a bad start u lose (on competetive level with similar skill level of teams) because there is a thing called pushing your lead which fortnite doesn't have because as you may know it is a battle royal and battle royals heavily rely on luck/bad luck to win/lose and not actual skill.
and in league if you are better than the other team then you win even with a bad start, but in fortnite if you spawn and run into a house a second too late and get one tapped by a pump its kinda unlucky isn't it
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094391

MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
Backpackronixes wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
Mytic wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:
GmadTheH4cker wrote:

in league if u have a bad start u lose (on competetive level with similar skill level of teams) because there is a thing called pushing your lead which fortnite doesn't have because as you may know it is a battle royal and battle royals heavily rely on luck/bad luck to win/lose and not actual skill.
and in league if you are better than the other team then you win even with a bad start, but in fortnite if you spawn and run into a house a second too late and get one tapped by a pump its kinda unlucky isn't it
That’s why you bail if you don’t get first drop.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
Aspect wrote:

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094392

A good player with a Tec-9 and bandages is likely going to lose against a good player that got a Scar and a shield potion in their initial drop. In a 1v1, the player who gets the circle plopped right over their ridge is more likely to win.

It's like if at the start of a round of Counter-Strike the players rolled a die to see if they were able to buy armor and AKs at the beginning of the round.

This is the main reason as to why battle-royals (fortnite) will never be on the same competitive level as other games such as (csgo, league, dota2) because of the MASSIVE RNG function in the game that does not exist in others, and maybe the fact that the game is slowly dying anyways.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094393

MICHAELL wrote:
A good player with a Tec-9 and bandages is likely going to lose against a good player that got a Scar and a shield potion in their initial drop. In a 1v1, the player who gets the circle plopped right over their ridge is more likely to win.

It's like if at the start of a round of Counter-Strike the players rolled a die to see if they were able to buy armor and AKs at the beginning of the round.

This is the main reason as to why battle-royals (fortnite) will never be on the same competitive level as other games such as (csgo, league, dota2) because of the MASSIVE RNG function in the game that does not exist in others, and maybe the fact that the game is slowly dying anyways.
You just made a really bad statement, good players vs bad? If you’re playing competitively you usually fight players of the same skill, if you can outsmart the player with the Better loot you can still win, right hand peeks, building, distance or crouch spamming, taking advantage of slow pump fire rate.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
Aspect wrote:

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094394

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:

You just made a really bad statement, good players vs bad? If you’re playing competitively you usually fight players of the same skill, if you can outsmart the player with the Better loot you can still win, right hand peeks, building, distance or crouch spamming, taking advantage of slow pump fire rate.

mate are you okay?
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094396

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
MICHAELL wrote:

Stop making examples of basic mechanics it makes you look even worse, all you said requires 0 thinking. There's a reason why SC2, W3, Chess, Overwatch, League, D2, R6, hell even Tetris, require way more skill than Fortnite, but you're still trying to bullshit your way by saying that stuff that you do automatically because of instinct is competitive.
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094397

League of legends is for washed up losers and fortnite is for 9 year old kids in need of recognition.

Minesweeper speedrunning is where true mens compete.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094398

Jool wrote:
League of legends is for washed up losers and fortnite is for 9 year old kids in need of recognition.

Minesweeper speedrunning is where true mens compete.

dont worry, i offer coach and analyst services for fortnite too :)
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094401

When you qualify for a tourney you can say the game takes no skill
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
Aspect wrote:

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094402

GmadTheH4cker wrote:
When you qualify for a tourney you can say the game takes no skill
I guess people tend to be more defensive when they don't want to admit that they invested so much time for such a shit show of a game
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu

Competing in a 100K Tourney 5 years 1 month ago #1094421

Mr Red X wrote:
Im training for it but i suck a bit aint like tfue lawl
you suck a bit ?
excuse me but 1 win and 89 kills ain't "sucking a bit"