Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984019

Lewis_is_java wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Don't know why everyone is recommending heat remedies if it is a sore neck or has anything to do with muscles I would recommend an ice pack or a cold shower as cold reduces inflammation, only problem is cold showers are hard as fuck to get into man
I would like to point out a heat pack helps to increase blood flow and blood presure in your muscle being the best for chronic muscle pain.

A cold pack does the complete oposite. Hence they use it in in such injuries as brusing etc. It helps to slow the blood flow and help with the pain.
Ice to reduce swelling and then heat my guy
Thats true I forgot to mention that. But cold is never good for a pulled/stiff muscle
  • SkeletonWarrior
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Pure Legend!
  • Thanks received: 1124

csontvazharcos
Former:
SSRP Super Administrator
TeamSpeak Staff
Forums Section Moderator
Login or register to post a reply.

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984022

SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Don't know why everyone is recommending heat remedies if it is a sore neck or has anything to do with muscles I would recommend an ice pack or a cold shower as cold reduces inflammation, only problem is cold showers are hard as fuck to get into man
I would like to point out a heat pack helps to increase blood flow and blood presure in your muscle being the best for chronic muscle pain.

A cold pack does the complete oposite. Hence they use it in in such injuries as brusing etc. It helps to slow the blood flow and help with the pain.
Thats true I forgot to mention that. But cold is never good for a pulled/stiff muscle
Well it's actually what's recommended to be used, using heat can increase the swelling through the incresed blood flow, the procedure is called RICE and stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, And Elevation Procedure, follow this sorle and you should be fine if it's a strain if not you're fucked cause blocked probably right with a pinched nerve
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4691
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Lewis_is_java.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984023

Lewis_is_java wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

Well it's actually what's recommended to be used, using heat can increase the swelling through the incresed blood flow, the procedure is called RICE and stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, And Elevation Procedure, follow this sorle and you should be fine if it's a strain if not you're fucked cause blocked probably right with a pinched nerve
I don't feel like his neck is being swollen I feel lile he just pulled a muscle or two from a bad move. Happened to me so many times and a heat pack always helped.
  • SkeletonWarrior
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Pure Legend!

csontvazharcos
Former:
SSRP Super Administrator
TeamSpeak Staff
Forums Section Moderator

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984024

i got that too when i watched the entire yu gi oh series in two weeks
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984030

SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:

I don't feel like his neck is being swollen I feel lile he just pulled a muscle or two from a bad move. Happened to me so many times and a heat pack always helped.
What ice and heat are for

Ice is for fresh injuries, and heat is for stiff, aching muscles. Roughly. But the devil is in the details, and there are a lot of them.

Ice is for injuries — calming down damaged superficial tissues that are inflamed, red, hot and swollen. The inflammatory process is a healthy, normal, natural process … that also happens to be incredibly painful and more biologically stubborn than it needs to be. Icing is mostly just a mild, drugless way of dulling the pain of inflammation and taking swelling down a bit… we hope.2 Examples: a freshly pulled muscleor a new case of IT band syndrome (which is more likely to respond than the other kind of runner’s knee, patellofemoral pain, because ITBS is superficial and PFPS is often a problem with deeper tissues).

Heat is for muscles, chronic pain, and stress — taking the edge off symptoms like muscle aching and stiffness, which have many unclear causes,3but trigger points are probably one of the usual suspects.4 Chronic pain, especially back pain, often involves lots of tension, anxiety, hypervigilance, and sensitization, and comfortable heat can soothe a jangled mind and nervous system. Stress and fear are major factors in many painful problems, of course.

www.painscience.com/articles/ice-heat-confusion.php
  • SkeletonWarrior
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Pure Legend!

csontvazharcos
Former:
SSRP Super Administrator
TeamSpeak Staff
Forums Section Moderator

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984104

Take an ice bath
  • Red_
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Shoreline Mafia
  • Thanks received: 676

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984193

you might have a mild case of progeria
  • smo
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I really need to change my password
  • Thanks received: 571
Sorle was here
Luke was here
Rhys was here
Smo change ur password lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Severe neck/shoulder pains + stiffness 5 years 8 months ago #984198

I just crack my neck when that shit happens, feels much better afterwards :blush:
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

275 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
18/127