Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regarding Chute

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867167

Ok so I guess I’ll just put it here because I’m tired of putting typing the same thing to people. I’ve been asked multiple times and since Chute just commented on my post it brought the subject up again. Anyways here we go.

Chute as done NOTHING to me he hasn’t offended me he hasn’t trolled me he’s not “forced” me out of the community. We just have two different views on how things are and I respect his opinion and I’m just he does the same regarding mine.

I left because my life was getting busy and I didn’t have the time or energy to fight for what I felt was right against chutes strong opinion of what’s right. I won’t bother calling anyone out in this post but I’m sure you all already know what the hell im talking about when mistakes was made.

Chute and I both have the most upmost commitment for this community and the way things should or shouldn’t be are different in the both of us. I personally wasn’t going to stay and watch something I loved and poured 1000s of real life hours in to get to a point of what I personally thought was ruined. I wanted to leave on a good note and the way to do that was to end communication with the lead team. I still speak to most of them and it will continue to be that way for a long time.

In no way am I saying Chute is doing anything wrong I’m just saying what he’s doing is different from how I viewed things and you can’t have two people who care so much butting heads and just mad at each other. I have a lot more respect for Chute than to chat shit about his work and then leave.

What I felt was wrong could be and might be working now I have no idea nor do I ask because it’s none of my business.

You guys that say the community is dead and that it’s shit really have no idea the dedication MOST of the members put in.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Pink, Jim_Jam, Roy Harper, Wolfi and 2 more...

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867173

PARAGRAPHS! Another person other than Raeker who knows how to use paragraphs. Kinda BONERED RN
  • _Lewis
  • Legendary Member
  • Scotland
  • Thanks received: 1074
Ex-Bhop Head Administrator
Ex-Surf Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder, MsRevine, Raeker

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867175

.x. wrote:
PARAGRAPHS! Another person other than Raeker who knows how to use paragraphs. Kinda BONERED RN
Inbefore Xnator responds to this with a massive wall of text
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder, _Lewis

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867177

Raeker wrote:
.x. wrote:
Inbefore Xnator responds to this with a massive wall of text

No punctuation. Just one massive sentence with 60 lines.
  • _Lewis
  • Legendary Member
  • Scotland
  • Thanks received: 1074
Ex-Bhop Head Administrator
Ex-Surf Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder, Aria, Raeker

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867178

o h S H O O T
  • ChikenGod
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • BiWx Vape still not implemented smh.
  • Thanks received: 271
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867180

Personally i think if red comes back zarp would get better cause right now its more dry than my nans sunday dinner.
  • _Lucky_
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 113
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedPowder, spodermon, _Lewis

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867182

In any online community, countless of people with various different opinions come together because they enjoy the same thing that community is built around. In this case that would be a love for Garry’s Mod (and if we make it more specific: SSRP) and everyone in this community is here because they’ve enjoyed playing on it at some point in time.

With that, though, comes the fact that everyone that loves or has loved the community in some shape or form will have different ideas on how that community should be ran. Making concessions for policies is vital in a good working democracy (and, arguably, concessions have lacked greatly within ZARP meetings, but that is a different discussion altogether), but standing for what you believe in is just as important.

It goes for all of us that something has happened within the community that we do not agree with. Voting results, policy changes and also demotions can sometimes be considered bullshit or wrong. And that would be fine, if we can all at least agree that the process that those decisions were made can be considered fair.

Although some decisions can be considered bullshit or bad for the community, that doesn’t mean that they were made with the wrong intentions. One thing that I strongly believe in is that love for the community and its servers that I mentioned earlier. Regardless which decisions are made, they’ve always been made with the idea that it is the best choice for the community, even though others might disagree.

I strongly respect your decision to leave the community peacefully than to make an issue over it. Calling out Chute for the worthless decision regarding some of the policies wouldn’t have helped anyone, neither the community nor yourself. And I honestly believe that Chute’s heart is in the right place, although some people think otherwise.

Once again I personally believe in concessions: sure, there is one policy choice that you cannot agree with, but that does not mean that you can’t get your own ideas through. I’d say that it should work two ways, which is why I’d never resign over a simple disagreement. But as I've said before I do respect your own decision to leave. If you really don’t agree with something to the point where it hampers you both in-game and possibly even in real life, then there is no other option. And although your choice seemed rather abrupt, I’d rather have seen you leave in this particular way than other community team members have done in the past.

So yeah, that’s my long rant I guess. Sorry if it doesn’t make any actual sense, I’m in a bit of a rush right now.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, RedPowder, spodermon

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867189

Eggsy wrote:
Personally i think if red comes back zarp would get better cause right now its more dry than my nans sunday dinner.

My way of doing things wouldn’t work in today’s community I had more of a “ Do what’s best for the community attitude “ which didnt always follow in suit with the ethos and policy’s. I didn’t care if you broke a stupid rule I would look at the situation and if it had done no harm to anyone then I wouldn’t give a shit. I liked to fuck around, spawn shit in and do whatever made the server fun at the time which I’m not to sure would be allowed anymore. If someone was being a dick I made sure their time here was hell until they changed their attitude and then we could be BFFs and go fuck with rule breaks.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by RedPowder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867190

RedPowder wrote:
Eggsy wrote:

My way of doing things wouldn’t work in today’s community I had more of a “ Do what’s best for the community attitude “ which didnt always follow in suit with the ethos and policy’s. I didn’t care if you broke a stupid rule I would look at the situation and if it had done no harm to anyone then I wouldn’t give a shit. I liked to fuck around, spawn shit in and do whatever made the server fun at the time which I’m not to sure would be allowed anymore. If someone was being a dick I made sure their time here was hell until they changed their attitude and then we could be BFFs and go fuck with rule breaks.

Yeah i feel you! today everything that changes is not even best for the community but best for the staff/teams i mean i think thats explains the gametracker :thinking:
  • _Lucky_
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 113

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867196

RedPowder wrote:
Ok so I guess I’ll just put it here because I’m tired of putting typing the same thing to people. I’ve been asked multiple times and since Chute just commented on my post it brought the subject up again. Anyways here we go.

Chute as done NOTHING to me he hasn’t offended me he hasn’t trolled me he’s not “forced” me out of the community. We just have two different views on how things are and I respect his opinion and I’m just he does the same regarding mine.

I left because my life was getting busy and I didn’t have the time or energy to fight for what I felt was right against chutes strong opinion of what’s right. I won’t bother calling anyone out in this post but I’m sure you all already know what the hell im talking about when mistakes was made.

Chute and I both have the most upmost commitment for this community and the way things should or shouldn’t be are different in the both of us. I personally wasn’t going to stay and watch something I loved and poured 1000s of real life hours in to get to a point of what I personally thought was ruined. I wanted to leave on a good note and the way to do that was to end communication with the lead team. I still speak to most of them and it will continue to be that way for a long time.

In no way am I saying Chute is doing anything wrong I’m just saying what he’s doing is different from how I viewed things and you can’t have two people who care so much butting heads and just mad at each other. I have a lot more respect for Chute than to chat shit about his work and then leave.

What I felt was wrong could be and might be working now I have no idea nor do I ask because it’s none of my business.

You guys that say the community is dead and that it’s shit really have no idea the dedication MOST of the members put in.

Thank you Red I appreciate this post. You stayed until we are able to run the Community manager votes even though you had a crazy busy life because you wanted to make sure we had people in place to take over the big amount of work you were doing, a lot of people can forget that you actually spent an insane amount of time on a day to day basis on the servers and on TeamSpeak.

And absolutely right we never would force you out, troll you or offend you because you earnt our respect and deserved it. And we had the most successful year this Community has even seen with Tyler and EMP in place which is absolutely great and I can't thank you all enough for that.

I understand the community is suffering I have been inactive for 3 months or more now, I do try to pop on the TeamSpeak but real life gets in the way of updates and major changes and we can fall behind and have done so significantly on SSRP, but our other server owners continue to do a fantastic job. I'd like to thank everyone who sticks with us and as soon as we can me and EMP have some great changes planned for SSRP. And even Getzco has now agreed to help with the coding. Hallelujah!
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5057
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Chuteuk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EMP, Bezzy, RedPowder, Roy Harper, MsRevine and 3 more...

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867197

bring back the old cm that I will not name
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867201

Chuteuk wrote:
RedPowder wrote:

Thank you Red I appreciate this post. You stayed until we are able to run the Community manager votes even though you had a crazy busy life because you wanted to make sure we had people in place to take over the big amount of work you were doing, a lot of people can forget that you actually spent an insane amount of time on a day to day basis on the servers and on TeamSpeak.

And absolutely right we never would force you out, troll you or offend you because you earnt our respect and deserved it. And we had the most successful year this Community has even seen with Tyler and EMP in place which is absolutely great and I can't thank you all enough for that.

I understand the community is suffering I have been inactive for 3 months or more now, I do try to pop on the TeamSpeak but real life gets in the way of updates and major changes and we can fall behind and have done so significantly on SSRP, but our other server owners continue to do a fantastic job. I'd like to thank everyone who sticks with us and as soon as we can me and EMP have some great changes planned for SSRP. And even Getzco has now agreed to help with the coding. Hallelujah!

Definitely man, I had to clear it up because I wouldn’t think for a second to let people think you did something wrong to me you have done nothing but be great support in and out of the community.

Getzco Hallelujah!!!
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk, Bezzy, Raeker

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867207

People respect you Red, you're have been an amazing person to have in this community, and a great friend. Same with you Chute, you should just use your time on your life right now. You have always been active as fuck, and before that shit happened irl, you havnet miss a single meeting. which is very impressive.

I will do my best as a Map developer to try make the maps more fun and better for players. Adding a better event area and such could be one of them. Without saying anything more about future updates i will just point out that Chute and the rest of team is doing a hell of a great job, and i really respect them for that.
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk, Bezzy, RedPowder, Raeker

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867209

.x. wrote:
Excuse me?
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867238

Yeah, probably ddosing user's isn't the best way to do things? right Red?
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867244

Narexa wrote:
Yeah, probably ddosing user's isn't the best way to do things? right Red?

I wouldn’t say so but if they did get dossed they probably deserved it. I’m not even sure how it’s done so I don’t know the mechanics of it but I think you have to connect your router to their phone line.

Ps: What about staff do their life’s not matter ?
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867249

we need more americans
  • Aria
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • kris and ali are studs
  • Thanks received: 411

ApeX. Pennybomber, Muhammed Ali, Kodi, Roy Harper, Helari, Kris Dude, BiWx, Micky, Strafing, Grumpy, Gamesys, Klaprefot, B4nQk0k, Seraphian, AceInsidious, VeGoVeVo

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867255

I noticed a significant change when RedPowder resigned and even came back for the short time he did, those changes were the good ones, the ones I want to see more of.

Now all I get to see is photos of the back of black peoples heads on buses, thanks Red.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 11869

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867257

Damm, sad to hear one of the Best CM are leaving, we haven't always been on the right foot of each other and a lot of the time i was constantly nagging you for help, Anyway i just want to wish you the best of luck buddy i hope you will return to the community soon, but wish you all the best in life B) B)

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Revolutionist Bartark
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ℓιƒє ιѕ ησт α gαмє
  • Thanks received: 80

вє яєαℓιѕтι¢,
&
ρℓαη ƒσя α мιяι¢ℓє
ExDarkRpAdmin-2015/18
“One day you’ll leave this world behind so live a life you will remember” ❤️

Regarding Chute 6 years 1 month ago #867265

Revolutionist Bartark wrote:
Damm, sad to hear one of the Best CM are leaving, we haven't always been on the right foot of each other and a lot of the time i was constantly nagging you for help, Anyway i just want to wish you the best of luck buddy i hope you will return to the community soon, but wish you all the best in life B) B)

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

He’s not leaving nor resigining, did you
actually read the thread?

All this does is to clear up confusion as to why he left months ago
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 11869
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

156 PLAYERS ONLINE