Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why this new racism rule will not work.

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863627

Raeker wrote:
Gamentix wrote:
what cunt removed my comment
I don't appreciate being called a cunt, thanks
Stop being a nazi raeker
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.
Login or register to post a reply.

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863635

SkeletonWarrior wrote:
Nafe wrote:
@SkeletonWarrior, correct me if I am wrong, but can't you be done for hate crime in the UK, making it pretty much illegal?

Then I ask you to go and search up a few of these people on Twitter (one who of which frequently gets arrested for hate crime)

Tommy Robinson (Good guy)
Nigel Farage (Good guy #BrexitisBrexit)
Katy Hopkins (Nice Lady)

So I ask again, how in the world will doing this make "Us nazi racists" die out?
"Any criminal offence can be a hate crime if it was carried out because of hostility or prejudice based on disability, race, religion, transgender identity or sexual orientation."

Didn't I ask how it will make us die out? I asked you to answer that not anything else.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863638

For those of you that are not aware this is GLOBAL SILENCE now please follow rp and let me speak

Having a zero tolerance policy towards racism is fine, probably for the best actually considering the average age of the playerbase and the fact that at that age you should actively be discouraged from saying anything like that, even for a joke. However, I personally feel that handing out bans for it first time (or whatever,) is a bit disproportionate considering last time I checked mass rdm got you a warning at most.

The reason for rules is to ensure every on the server can have a good time and feels safe. A tougher stance on discrimination will help that, but distinguishing those who are joking and need to be told to stop (perhaps one warning > ban situation) and those who are just trolls saying disgusting shit to be funny and make others feel uncomfortable will go leaps and bounds for player - staff relations.

That is all.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by exrobite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, luke_, SorIe, Xeronise, Denis and 1 more...

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863641

I don't understand why do you get an insta 1-2day ban for saying a word but to my knowledge you still get a kick for first time hacking or a warning for breaking nlr or rdm which are all worse.
  • Hoi
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 513

Thank you Nexize for VIP

Resigned Global moderator, TTT/DarkRP Admin
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Hoi.

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863769

Here's what I think is probably the most hilarious part of all these "discussions" It's people who like to "kid" around about using terms or phrases that occasionally OFFEND others, and then they act like they've done nothing wrong, and should be treated like everyone else who actually FOLLOW the RULES that have been listed and described.

Things like racism and the sort of things that offend others, AREN'T allowed where ever the hell you go, some places might be less strict about things like that, and others are more strict because a lot of their player base will abuse the fact that they're more lenient on things like that, especially when they're used in more a joking manner.

I don't know how many times I've basically restated the same thing, yet I've had to just rephrase it because the point doesn't seem to get across to a lot of those who typically don't give a shit about it in the first place, and yet I do it anyways.

Most people come around for just an enjoyable experience, and I don't want to come around just to hear a bunch of people saying shit that would offend others. If you know something will offend someone, even if it doesn't offend those who are currently around you or even those that you circle yourself around with, it doesn't mean that someone won't eventually come around and be offended by it.

That being said, there's a simple solution that's been there the ENTIRE TIME, and I bet you've even thought about it, but just incase you haven't, I'll give you a helping hand.

Don't say shit that does offend others.

I'm not saying we all need to be programmed to understand a simple concept such as this, but a lot of this kind of stuff is common sense. That being said, If you simply can't understand it, maybe you should be programmed to understand it.

There's enough hate and shit in this world that causes those who get affected by it to end their lives prematurely, and while I understand some people typically don't give a single fuck about others, you can make a simple change that not only will benefit the others around you, but in the end will benefit yourself.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863773

exrobite wrote:

For those of you that are not aware this is GLOBAL SILENCE now please follow rp and let me speak

Having a zero tolerance policy towards racism is fine, probably for the best actually considering the average age of the playerbase and the fact that at that age you should actively be discouraged from saying anything like that, even for a joke. However, I personally feel that handing out bans for it first time (or whatever,) is a bit disproportionate considering last time I checked mass rdm got you a warning at most.

The reason for rules is to ensure every on the server can have a good time and feels safe. A tougher stance on discrimination will help that, but distinguishing those who are joking and need to be told to stop (perhaps one warning > ban situation) and those who are just trolls saying disgusting shit to be funny and make others feel uncomfortable will go leaps and bounds for player - staff relations.

That is all.

something smart came out of this guy
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863781

I got banned for saying the word “Fag”
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 881

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863785

Snake_ wrote:
I got banned for saying the word “Fag”

by who
  • illegalimmigrant
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dont worry im hilarious
  • Thanks received: 526

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863873

hello sirs i have a solution for your problem please message me on Steam for more info
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863874

This is the biggest bullshit, want to destroy the community, sure, keep doing this, people are with friends, i will still do the same with friends or people who don't care, which is 70% of this community, honestly you're all retards, okay a racism rule for people who are intenting to harm people, but this shit is totally harmless, playing with friends having banter, do i need to call people special now cause saying retards is racist to retards :( :( :(

ALSO ROY JUST TELL US HERE MAN!!! WE NEED TO KNOW YOUR GOD SOLUTION!!!!!!
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Ashur.

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863875

OTT: people crying about getting banned validly for racism and staff members who take it way too seriously

If you're actively being discriminative against one or more people, then sure, a ban would be fair. But, if used in casual conversation e.g accidentally slipped in, then a warning really does suffice. Furthermore, people really shouldn't be punished for racism in private chats (gang/PM) if it's not used in a discriminative manner and no one feels offended enough to report it.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by SorIe.

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863876

sorIe wrote:
OTT: people crying about getting banned validly for racism and staff members who take it way too seriously

If you're actively being discriminative against one or more people, then sure, a ban would be fair. But, if used in casual conversation e.g accidentally slipped in, then a warning really does suffice. Furthermore, people really shouldn't be punished for racism in private chats (gang/PM) if it's not used in a discriminative manner and no one feels offended enough to report it.
Shouldnt be punishable if it's in GANG/PM unless it's reported tbh
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863882

Gurren Lagan wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Gurren Lagan wrote:
What are you trying to achieve with this thread? would you rather allow non-stop racism in this community?

i am trying to notify the lead team who never listen that their staff do not understand the concept of racism and this new rule with cause false bans to be thrown out left right and center.

Alright I can understand that some situations might be controversial.. But speaking about that 'one' word. I've read that some people actually believe it is 'okay' to use it in a certain way. Well, I am here to say it is not (whether you would loophole it or not). this word is absolutely a racist term, as it stems from a time where the N-word was used to describe black people. The people at that time, actually thought that those with a black skin couldn't be considered as 'human'.
You are actually so wrong on many levels, do some actual research on it before trying to educate others

Also for anyone getting offended, unless you are Micky you shouldn't be you are just looking for an excuse to be offended, sure you can try to educate the person if you don't believe they should be racist but you should not be offended because why would you?

EDIT: Also I've noticed people arguing about the Nazi thing and unless the person being called a Nazi is German (and that's the only visible reason for calling them it) then it shouldn't be seen as racist.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Denis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863900

good meeting guys

• MsMs
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hey there I'm MsMs
  • Thanks received: 1209
Nothing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863902

The Zarp community is like the whore that keeps on fucking, even if you spank her hard enough to make her bleed.
  • RedWingz
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Former Deathrun Mod & SSRP Admin
  • Thanks received: 176
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by RedWingz.

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863932

This topic is larger than expected, as a result I’ve only read the first and fifth page, but here’s my opinion:

Yes, banning someone for saying the N word might be a bit too much, actually, if we compare it to other situations as the ones listed by someone in the fifth page like for example remind a hyper, it’s too much. By saying this I mean saying the an word is not that bad.

Thing is, the problem is not th word but the “meaning”. Saying it is not much, thing is yo7 are being racist. When someone comes into the server, we staff want to ensure he has a good time rather than having a bad time and feeling offended because of someone saying it as a joke. Racism deserves 0 tolerance and there is no need to say the word. Like Nafe said, typing the N and saying it’s a typo it’s also as offensive and we staff know who might have actually had a typo and who wanted to purposely offend someone.

There is no point in being racist, don’t.
There is no point in trying to offend people just because you want to be funny, don’t.
There is no point in hurting people who are trying to have a good time, don’t.
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy
  • Thanks received: 309

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863936

BDnico17 wrote:
There is no point in trying to offend people just because you want to be funny, don’t.
This argument ony goes so far when users get banned for saying the n-word in provate situations with only one or two friends there.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863941

Raeker wrote:
BDnico17 wrote:
This argument ony goes so far when users get banned for saying the n-word in provate situations with only one or two friends there.

What I’m trying to say is that, there is no reason to be racist, because I truly doubt those who use the N word are actually anything else than kids trying to be funny
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863944

BDnico17 wrote:
Raeker wrote:
BDnico17 wrote:

What I’m trying to say is that, there is no reason to be racist, because I truly doubt those who use the N word are actually anything else than kids trying to be funny
Yet the argument you used above is that people are hurt by it and that's why they shouldn't say it. Yet there have been cases of users getting banned for saying the word in a situation where they're completely seperated from anyone that would even remotely give a fuck.
  • Raeker
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Why this new racism rule will not work. 6 years 2 months ago #863948

Raeker wrote:
BDnico17 wrote:
Raeker wrote:
BDnico17 wrote:

Yet the argument you used above is that people are hurt by it and that's why they shouldn't say it. Yet there have been cases of users getting banned for saying the word in a situation where they're completely seperated from anyone that would even remotely give a fuck.

That’s the other point I’m trying to clarify. If I’m in a spacer and someone said it to me, I wouldn’t personally give a fuck. Think is, if you are playing in a server, such as SSRP or TTT, there are lots of people, and you shouldn’t say that.
  • BDnico17
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That Spanish Guy
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40