Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Explaining my resignation in further detail

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405833

Now, I will be going over my resignation in more detail and the reasons behind it, I will copy and paste some of the reasons from my last post in here if you haven't read it yet:
Currently, school is overwhelming everything and bringing me great stress, and coupling this with my staff duties I am too busy to do literally anything else. My mental health has deteriorated and I don't feel like myself anymore, and due to this I am resigning. I often feel like I am not up to par, and this drags me down, and this is another factor in my resignation.

However, there were some other factors I failed to go over while I was caught up in my emotions.
In my "improved" time here, I honestly felt suppressed.
I was scared to joke even with my best of friends, because I'd feel like I was going to get reprimanded and punished for it.
At times, I felt that there was slight internal corruption, however this is only a tiny factor and doesn't bother me as much as other factors.
There's one thing that really does bother me though: People can't have jokes with their friends in private, while no one is being affected, without being afraid of being punished because someone just happened to be listening in.
It had me in a constant state of fear that if I slipped up even once, I could just have everything taken away over a harmless joke.
I'm not talking about a specific person, because no specific person in general made me feel that way, it's just the way the community is currently. Maybe it was just me being paranoid, but I always felt like this since the start.
This isn't meant to be a diss or provoke arguments or anything, just expanding everyone's knowledge on the reasons behind my resignation.
I'd like to thank you all for your support, but I feel much more free now. I feel like I've got a weight off of my shoulders. I still appreciate you all for the good memories, they'll stay with me as I continue.

Final note: Yes, I have started playing on another community. However, I will only be on there when I have the time. I won't have as much time to play anymore due to me putting more work into school and trying to go over my mental health and improve it.

TL;DR: Ease off a little on people that are just having a bit of banter with their mates and not affecting anyone else, alright lads?
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4290

ex-dog LT member on many servers

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by SorIe.
Login or register to post a reply.

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405835

Noob, Don't worry we're still going to play

You was one of my good friends over on zarp! You supported me 100% when I wanted to become staff and when we just played! And I'm thankful for that. Your a good friend.

;)
  • gogojack9
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 135
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by gogojack9.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405837

Xeronise wrote:
*cough* Snip*
As I've mentioned, this thread is not made to start arguments/controversy. And as I said, it's not a specific person that made me feel this way. There was something about the way the community is that made me paranoid.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by ParaMontana.

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405859

You have improved so much since meme machine. It is amazing to see your progress and now to resign. Good luck with school. I would say I think you are correct about joking people DO take things way to seriously.

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405875

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The whole idea of a staff team is to work as a team at the moment there is two teams the staff team and the lead team. Which it really shouldn't be. Most of the reason for this was that mostly on teamspeak they separate themselfives in spacers which other leader team members or friends of that. One good step was that now users and staff who have not got teamspeak staff can now see them in the spacers so they can be poke them to be moved which is a good step.

The whole idea of corruption I won't touch on because it will probably get me banned.

Checking the description on teamspeak of certain leadteam members is disgraceful for example Jordan's is "If there age is on the clock they are ready for the cock". Which I find that completely disgusting but in the mean time people get abuse reports/warnings on them because they said something in private, away from all others which effected nobody.

You shouldn't have the fear of talking to your friends and having a laugh after all it is just a game some people fail to realise that actually we are here for fun in the end of the day. No matter how much arguing you do we are here for fun. So why should we not be able to talk to our friends how we want if nobody else is effected.

Sorle I am very happy that you posted this. Good luck with school and have fun playing the game like you should!

Also DO NOT take this out on Jordan he's not the only one just the only one I could remember
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by DEADMONSTOR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan, SorIe, Roy Harper, .uzi

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405879

Just keep on joking and appreciating life dude!
Remember whether there is banter, there is a lake.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405880

Come back soon ok. we really appreciated all the hard work you showed!
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405881

DEADMONSTOR wrote:

The whole idea of a staff team is to work as a team at the moment there is two teams the staff team and the lead team. Which it really shouldn't be. Most of the reason for this was that mostly on teamspeak they separate themselfives in spacers which other leader team members or friends of that. One good step was that now users and staff who have not got teamspeak staff can now see them in the spacers so they can be poke them to be moved which is a good step.

The whole idea of corruption I won't touch on because it will probably get me banned.

Checking the description on teamspeak of certain leadteam members is disgraceful for example Jordan's is "If there age is on the clock they are ready for the cock". Which I find that completely disgusting but in the mean time people get abuse reports/warnings on them because they said something in private, away from all others which effected nobody.

You shouldn't have the fear of talking to your friends and having a laugh after all it is just a game some people fail to realise that actually we are here for fun in the end of the day. No matter how much arguing you do we are here for fun. So why should we not be able to talk to our friends how we want if nobody else is effected.

Sorle I am very happy that you posted this. Good luck with school and have fun playing the game like you should!

Also DO NOT take this out on Jordan he's not the only one just the only one I could remember

Now Thanks for your opinion however, That was as a Quote that we all laughed about and enjoyed DeadMonstor, We all have times where we goof off and have some fun with our staff team or friends, However if you think that it's giving Zarp a bad reputation I'll change it.

Also back on topic, Sad to see you go once again Sorle, I wish you come back soon dude!
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405882

Jordz wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Now Thanks for your opinion however, That was as a Quote that we all laughed about and enjoyed DeadMonstor, We all have times where we goof off and have some fun with our staff team or friends, However if you think that it's giving Zarp a bad reputation I'll change it.

Also back on topic, Sad to see you go once again Sorle, I wish you come back soon dude!

Well, this is strange... a lead team member having a laugh. I didn't know you guys had those. When we have them we get banned or silenced.
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539
The following user(s) said Thank You: freebandz

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405883

Jordz wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

No keep it, but I want it to be fair for everyone
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan, SorIe

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405884

Xeronise wrote:
Jordz wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Well, this is strange... a lead team member having a laugh. I didn't know you guys had those. When we have them we get banned or silenced.
I see what you're getting at, but it's becoming slightly petty at this point. If you want change to happen, don't just make passive-agressive remarks about it and expect anything to change.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by SorIe.

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405885

There's one thing that really does bother me though: People can't have jokes with their friends in private, while no one is being affected, without being afraid of being punished because someone just happened to be listening in.
It had me in a constant state of fear that if I slipped up even once, I could just have everything taken away over a harmless joke.

Yeah, I get that, whenever I want to speak to my friends I go to my own TS as I'm afraid they'll join mid conversation and hear me say something bad. Or something out of context that sounds bad. As someone can join TS channels.

Good luck in school though dude, I know it can be hard <3
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405886

Xeronise wrote:
Jordz wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

The way you're posting is that you're telling everyone that we don't allow you to even roleplay or even talk to your friends or even joke about, You know for a fact that it's absolutly false. You know as well as me how many times you've had fun Xero and your fun gets you in trouble with your intentions to RDM stuff, So either relize what is real FUN or don't post on the forums about you saying that Lead Team Doesn't allow you to have fun.

(Not replied to Sorle only Xeronise)
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405888

Sadly this post has been banished to the Drama Hole. Someone saw this as an opportunity to start drama, where I clearly stated it was not needed, and now this has happened.

I'd just like to say that this thread has no bad intentions.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405889

Sorle wrote:
Sadly this post has been banished to the Drama Hole. Someone saw this as an opportunity to start drama, where I clearly stated it was not needed, and now this has happened.

Sorry bud, seems like this one was my fault
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #405890

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Sorle wrote:

Sorry bud, seems like this one was my fault
No buddy, don't worry, I've privately spoken to the person who I believe has caused this.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #406074

RIPBaldy 2k16. You will always be missed.
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #406117

Agreed one per on says some hung almost exactly the same or similar and because he's liked by someone they don't get as bad of a punishment or because they are staff but not on TeamSpeak.
You know how many times staff have slipped and said the n word or something funny but offensive.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #406118

It's sad that you're resigning because you honestly used to be a good staff member.
  • Officer FLeX
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stick Talk
  • Thanks received: 143

Explaining my resignation in further detail 7 years 6 months ago #406148

Jordz wrote:
Xeronise wrote:
Jordz wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

The way you're posting is that you're telling everyone that we don't allow you to even roleplay or even talk to your friends or even joke about, You know for a fact that it's absolutly false. You know as well as me how many times you've had fun Xero and your fun gets you in trouble with your intentions to RDM stuff, So either relize what is real FUN or don't post on the forums about you saying that Lead Team Doesn't allow you to have fun.

(Not replied to Sorle only Xeronise)

the amount of hypocrisy, I make a joke on ts about something, i get ban threats.. whilst the lead team get away with having "If their age is on the clock, she is ready for the cock" in their description.
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539
  • Page:
Moderators: EMP
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

185 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
4/127