Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Remove or Keep elevator bases

TOPIC: Should we remove or keep elevator bases?

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #565067

So let's look at the statistics guys :
Elevator bases have existed since s2 was created , and it was used normally and nothing really happened .
People were starting to brag on how shooting down the elevator was OP , and it was made against the rules , problem solved .

People kept bragging about how hard it was to raid an elevator base since you needed a suit and even then you'd die anyways , they buffed the jugg , problem solved .

People have been using these bases for as long as we could remember , this heritage of elevator basing shouldn't go away , there is no problem with it , what you COULD do is make it so that there should be an elevator entrance where people can't shoot through , that'd make things more equal and would "Balance" the "Economy" , but completely removing them means completely removing the chance for new players to base , sure people can go on saying that only huge gangs base in there but its false , you can make it so that there is a way to actually raid it .

I finally conclude my statement , this recommendation shouldn't see the light of day , however to balance things up we could add a new rule which would make it so that there are multiple apartments in the actual level , therefor only the Hotel Owner class can actually own the entire thing , but removing it will only cause havoc because , as one person stated , Handcannons are OP against normal bases , for every Attack there should be a Counter-Attack , to counter Handcannons we use Elevator bases .

Thank you for your time
  • bortchy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • cool
  • Thanks received: 32
The topic has been locked.

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #565082

Chaotic wrote:
So let's look at the statistics guys :
Elevator bases have existed since s2 was created , and it was used normally and nothing really happened .
People were starting to brag on how shooting down the elevator was OP , and it was made against the rules , problem solved .

People kept bragging about how hard it was to raid an elevator base since you needed a suit and even then you'd die anyways , they buffed the jugg , problem solved .

People have been using these bases for as long as we could remember , this heritage of elevator basing shouldn't go away , there is no problem with it , what you COULD do is make it so that there should be an elevator entrance where people can't shoot through , that'd make things more equal and would "Balance" the "Economy" , but completely removing them means completely removing the chance for new players to base , sure people can go on saying that only huge gangs base in there but its false , you can make it so that there is a way to actually raid it .

I finally conclude my statement , this recommendation shouldn't see the light of day , however to balance things up we could add a new rule which would make it so that there are multiple apartments in the actual level , therefor only the Hotel Owner class can actually own the entire thing , but removing it will only cause havoc because , as one person stated , Handcannons are OP against normal bases , for every Attack there should be a Counter-Attack , to counter Handcannons we use Elevator bases .

Thank you for your time

what a load of shit, god damn
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #566494

I dont get how everyone wantd these removed...i love when people base in elevators at this points if theres even a problem its too easy to raid them. Ask clarky before he banned me for holster exploit i fucked up a elevator base alone with just a PSG it was a huge ass base too.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #566499

AyyLookItzGmad wrote:
I dont get how everyone wantd these removed...i love when people base in elevators at this points if theres even a problem its too easy to raid them. Ask clarky before he banned me for holster exploit i fucked up a elevator base alone with just a PSG it was a huge ass base too.
Welcome for the idea to 'kidnap' me. XD
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8585

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #566955

After watching the remove kebab video, keep it. You don't even need a suit, just morphine and amphetamine with a gluon and you're set. Suit is always nice
  • Diet Water
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 748

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #567291

Diet Water wrote:
After watching the remove kebab video, keep it. You don't even need a suit, just morphine and amphetamine with a gluon and you're set. Suit is always nice

He did used a suit, if he didn't used the suit then he would've died by the psg shots/gluon.
  • FUZZY
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Skrrt Skrrt
  • Thanks received: 265
Any questions add me on Steam

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #569122

Couldn't we just do a map vote like we used to do for S2 back in the days?
If the elevator bases are removed, the map is basically removed, the only reason its popular is because of elevator bases, might as well change the map!
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #569206

Get dem elevators outta here its stupid if your base gets raided its literally impossible to get back up
  • Megumin
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ★ Dont Mind Me ★
  • Thanks received: 108
Nupe

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #569285

lMichaell wrote:
Couldn't we just do a map vote like we used to do for S2 back in the days?
If the elevator bases are removed, the map is basically removed, the only reason its popular is because of elevator bases, might as well change the map!
:plussp:
  • SwiiFTz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 955
Ex Minecraft Server Owner
Ex TTT Super Administrator
Ex SSRP Administrator x2
Ex Deathrun Moderator
Ex Murder Moderator

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #569647

Sorle wrote:
Elevator bases are VERY raidable. I've raided them so many times in the past, it's easier than you think.
Not when the elevator back down instantly or when you don't have a suit
  • deadstar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 13

http://imgur.com/a/2DnfJ

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #569890

bump
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172

Should we remove or keep elevator bases? 6 years 11 months ago #569892

I love to play s3 but it is aids to play because everyone is hiding in elevator bases and your basically in the lift and u need to keypad the door but before you even emp the door there is a tgun shot at you and u insta die it's a pretty op way to successfully do a nuke because it's so hard to get into so I think they should be removed
  • z ub
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 28
[url/][/url]

[url/][/url]
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

146 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40