Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396350

I'm interested in reviewing the power gap between new players and old players, this obviously comes with servers that are very old and filled with experienced veterans, but it would be interesting to come up with a way to even the playing field. Perhaps buffing M9K weapons is a good way to give new players a fighting chance against the Gluon / Mini2.0 + Suit meta.

Unpopular opinion?
  • Paladin
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Anti-(Anti-Miner)
  • Thanks received: 101

Former SSRP Admin

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Paladin.
Login or register to post a reply.

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396351

Paladin wrote:
I'm interested in reviewing the power gap between new players and old players, this obviously comes with servers that are very old and filled with experienced veterans, but it would be interesting to come up with a way to even the playing field. Perhaps buffing M9K weapons is a good way to give new players a fighting chance against the Gluon / Mini2.0 + Suit meta.

Unpopular opinion?

Buffing M9K weapons wont do anything PSG already has a balanced damage with scope boost against non suit players, Suit HP and Armor must be nerfed to balance everything because imagine PSG dealing low damage every headshot and every suit has over 500hp and damage protection nerfing every suit by their Armor and HPs is a better idea it is actually easy to bring PSG fights back by nerfing stupid suits so i can one tap standby members
  • Yaman
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 20
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pack of Arseniy buckwheat

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396352

Yaman wrote:
PSG already has a balanced damage with scope boost against non suit players
No, it's dogshit even against non suit players.
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6745

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396353

Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

If you say so, Its already dealing 300 damage with scope boost every headshot but yeah PSG can be buffed little bit atleast to deal more damage and please it should one tap Golden EDF every headshot.
  • Yaman
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Yaman.

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396354

Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

If you say so, Its already dealing 300 damage with scope boost every headshot
Which zarp are you playing?
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6745

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396355

Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

If you say so, Its already dealing 300 damage with scope boost every headshot but yeah PSG can be buffed little bit atleast to deal more damage and please it should one tap Golden EDF every headshot.

:?
  • SammyZ
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • SAM#6200
  • Thanks received: 340

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396356

Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

isnt it dealing 300hp every headshot? or am i wrong
  • Yaman
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396357

Paladin wrote:

Unpopular opinion?

I've said it for years, the biggest issue on the server is the insane power of the gluon, it beats every other weapon (expect in very niche situations like vs jet or where a dmg can cover more distance). Since the gluon went into insane power phase nothing can compete, every time something new gets added its instantly put up against the gluon, when inferno got added, yea its good but not as good as gluon, lightning gun same story, every time a new suit gets added every cool part of it gets INSTANTLY disregarded and replaced with how long can it survive a gluon or what can it do vs a gluon, imagine how cool the steel ninja would be if it didn't get killed in a second (although the steel ninja's biggest counter is the kitchen_counter :pinch: ). The hunter, pretty cool suit but instantly it gets questioned how quickly can it be gluoned when using its ability (im not saying stuff shouldn't have a counter, its more reducing how strong the power level is). So much more options would open up if the gluon wasn't as overpowered as it is currently. So much content on the server gets shadowed because of a single weapon. Also when this was brought up before I did manage to get a MASSIVE nerf on it... an equip sound :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396358

Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

People don't use the deagle and it shows
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396364

Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

It has damage scaling based on distance (every m9k weapon does), in normal fighting distances it does about 25 dmg (for a headshot) if the player has armor, it takes about 3 headshots (with a sniper) to kill a nonsuited player with armor. On the close range, the PSG isn't even viable it sometimes takes 6 headshots to kill a player that is 100/100. m9k is useless unless you pick weapons based on the range you are fighting at but have fun having 4 binds. (A new player won't know this, it is stated nowhere, and if they don't have the scope boost upgrade or smg boost it makes their experience terrible at best.) m9k HAS to be buffed or the damage scaling should be removed altogether. :zarp:
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
  • Thanks received: 1542
a

3^ the Serb
JayHouse on top forever, fuck around and find out :)
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396365

JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

It has damage scaling based on distance (every m9k weapon does), in normal fighting distances it does about 25 dmg (for a headshot) if the player has armor, it takes about 3 headshots (with a sniper) to kill a nonsuited player with armor. On the close range, the PSG isn't even viable it sometimes takes 6 headshots to kill a player that is 100/100. m9k is useless unless you pick weapons based on the range you are fighting at but have fun having 4 binds. (A new player won't know this, it is stated nowhere, and if they don't have the scope boost upgrade or smg boost it makes their experience terrible at best.) m9k HAS to be buffed or the damage scaling should be removed altogether. :zarp:

Nice one mate I agree with you! what if suits gets nerfed and M9K gets buffed hows that sound to you?
  • Yaman
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396366

Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

Nice one mate I agree with you! what if suits gets nerfed and M9K gets buffed hows that sound to you?

If they make it the way the psg used to be without damage scaling doing ~180 damage a headshot there would be no nerf needed to the suits.

Nerfing the suits would also require an entire special weapon rebalance which would be an insane amount of work that could be avoided by doing the first fix
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
a

3^ the Serb
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Yaman

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396367

JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

If they make it the way the psg used to be without damage scaling doing ~180 damage a headshot there would be no nerf needed to the suits.

Nerfing the suits would also require an entire special weapon rebalance which would be an insane amount of work that could be avoided by doing the first fix

I am talking about low hp and armor nerfing only this wouldnt require any weapon rebalance.
  • Yaman
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Yaman.

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396369

Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

I am talking about low hp and armor nerfing only this wouldnt require any weapon rebalance.

Nerfing HP and armor on suits?
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
a

3^ the Serb
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396370

JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

Yeah basically but not that much for example if ACS has 500hp it can be lowered to 400 or 450.
  • Yaman
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396371

Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
JoshuaIsGreat wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Yaman wrote:

Yeah basically but not that much for example if ACS has 500hp it can be lowered to 400 or 450.
The ACS has 450 hp already.

This would still not work and only make specials such as the gluon more op.
and a psg would still need well over 20 shots to kill it after such small nerf's
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
a

3^ the Serb
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by JoshuaIsGreat.

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396375

Not gonna quote everything because that’s just too much, but Yaman I bring up suit balancing a lot because changing the meta every so often brings more fun to the suit pvp of the server. Maddox said on another thread that ZARP fills a “unique arcade style suit pvp server” which is absolutely correct in my opinion. Suits are not hard to get anymore with the introduction of leaderboards and city events, as well as being able to get gencorp cases very frequently from zone captures. If we reduce suit health and armor on every suit that does nothing but reduce the ttk (time to kill) on zarp which is already low. On top of that, if all suits are nerfed and m9k is buffed, there would be less of an incentive of people to use suits to raid anything. Why would I need to raid with a suit if my GEDF and PSG can take on any suit at long range. Suits are meant to be powerful, but I am in agreement that we should buff M9K. There’s just no need to nerf all suits.

I’d suggest reading the changelogs to see the most recent suit rebalances, and if you think some other suit is too powerful make a suggestion about it as suggestions get brought up all the time in the SSRP meeting.
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2311
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by CEO of Business.

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396376

Paladin wrote:

Unpopular opinion?
I think that’s why they did the starter pack, but I do agree with what you are saying 100% maybe give them some kind of buff that wears off after a certain amount of in game time?
  • City Boys
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 12

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396377

City Boys wrote:
Paladin wrote:

Unpopular opinion?
I think that’s why they did the starter pack, but I do agree with what you are saying 100% maybe give them some kind of buff that wears off after a certain amount of in game time?
starter pack should’ve came with a jugg at the end imo
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2311

[SSRP] General Evaluation - Voice YOUR Opinion 1 year 5 months ago #1396378

CEO of Business wrote:
Not gonna quote everything because that’s just too much, but Yaman I bring up suit balancing a lot because changing the meta every so often brings more fun to the suit pvp of the server. Maddox said on another thread that ZARP fills a “unique arcade style suit pvp server” which is absolutely correct in my opinion. Suits are not hard to get anymore with the introduction of leaderboards and city events, as well as being able to get gencorp cases very frequently from zone captures. If we reduce suit health and armor on every suit that does nothing but reduce the ttk (time to kill) on zarp which is already low. On top of that, if all suits are nerfed and m9k is buffed, there would be less of an incentive of people to use suits to raid anything. Why would I need to raid with a suit if my GEDF and PSG can take on any suit at long range. Suits are meant to be powerful, but I am in agreement that we should buff M9K. There’s just no need to nerf all suits.

You are wrong at leaderboards sadly it isnt easy to get suits since everyone is rushing for leaderboards. Just try to imagine new player joining to server and trying to understand everything then leaves it because everything is overpriced and hard to get. they even try to base and gets raided after 20 minutes the server should focus mainly on new players until zarp gets 50 online players a day.
  • Yaman
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

159 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun