Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions!

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393831

Hello ZARP gamers, I am currently overhauling the bank and whilst I am still working on it, adding my touches to it and such, I thought I'd give the community their say in what they'd like to see at the bank. This isn't a thread for other areas so put those elsewhere :side: .

I intend on not keeping the bank raids limited to within the vault only so there will be more to add onto the top to utilise further defence strats in bank raids.

Here's a couple screenshots and a video, this is very incomplete and is not near finished yet:

There is a ladder here so the balcony is more accessible to all, I may add a vent here if that works out fine.

In this video too, you will also notice that I have raised the ceiling up but I do also plan on expanding the vault outwards too. The vent is very incomplete and needs a teleporter hence the noclipping.

Disclaimer!!! [ Click to expand ]
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Martin.
Login or register to post a reply.

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393832

the bank is one of the best things about this map, only thing needs changing is a vent being added imo
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 456

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393835

Clarky wrote:
That marble-esque texture is used too much on the outside walls, kinda suits being used for decoration not walls.
Something about the vent texture is off, maybe have different textures for the bottom and top sides?
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393836

We need a bank bankers can rp in too!

-We Run The Banks
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393837

Some big opportunities for prismatic banking here
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1927
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarky, TrueOverL

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393838

I just want to clarify that Clarky is working on this project primarily for himself. This thread and his project in general have not been brought up to the Community Team and properly discussed yet. Any changes made or promised are therefore not approved or guaranteed to be added to the server. Clarky is welcome to present his map project to the Community Team once he feels like it's appropriate so we can discuss and vote on it as per our usual process. You are welcome to discuss changes to the map on this thread so Clarky can incorporate them into his project, but if his project gets rejected these changes are not automatically accepted for any official map update. Clarky is not working on any projects in an official capacity for the Community Team and cannot work on map updates without prior approval following a formal vote in a Community Team Meeting.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393841

i just want a boring map that every server has
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1738

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393847

Martin wrote:
I just want to clarify that Clarky is working on this project primarily for himself. This thread and his project in general have not been brought up to the Community Team and properly discussed yet. Any changes made or promised are therefore not approved or guaranteed to be added to the server. Clarky is welcome to present his map project to the Community Team once he feels like it's appropriate so we can discuss and vote on it as per our usual process. You are welcome to discuss changes to the map on this thread so Clarky can incorporate them into his project, but if his project gets rejected these changes are not automatically accepted for any official map update. Clarky is not working on any projects in an official capacity for the Community Team and cannot work on map updates without prior approval following a formal vote in a Community Team Meeting.
EMP said otherwise mayte
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393848

Markus wrote:
Clarky wrote:
That marble-esque texture is used too much on the outside walls, kinda suits being used for decoration not walls.
Something about the vent texture is off, maybe have different textures for the bottom and top sides?
Most of the textures are just placeholders, there’s only so much repetitiveness you can get away with too
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393849

Clarky wrote:
Martin wrote:
EMP said otherwise mayte

I highly doubt that EMP told you he brought it up to the rest of the team and discussed it in a Community Team Meeting as this hasn't happened yet. Discussing your ideas and projects with one member of the Community Team isn't the same as having it discussed and voted on by the Community Team as a whole.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Martin.

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393850

Martin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Martin wrote:
EMP said otherwise mayte

I highly doubt that EMP told you he brought it up to the rest of the team and discussed it in a Community Team Meeting as this hasn't happened yet. Discussing your ideas and projects with one member of the Community Team isn't the same as having it discussed and voted on by the Community Team as a whole.
No he deadass said to me "do you want to do the bank for the update", i don't see why me doing this is concerning you this much but you do your thing I guess :s
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393851

Why does it look like an average bank on every map? The hall doesn't need to be that big, add custom models or make it smaller. Outer wall textures are horrible to watch, add a warmer yet smooth texture to it. Door to the vault is just copy - paste.
  • Katje is back!
  • Banned
  • =)
  • Thanks received: 13

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393854

4Kurzen wrote:
Why does it look like an average bank on every map? The hall doesn't need to be that big, add custom models or make it smaller. Outer wall textures are horrible to watch, add a warmer yet smooth texture to it. Door to the vault is just copy - paste.
This is far from the final product but you're not wrong about some points mentioned. The reason why the hall seems huge is because I haven't yet done any interior work to it and also thought it would be much better for gameplay purposes too, if I am incorrect on this then give me some more details as to why it wouldn't work out. The textures will be replaced, don't worry about that.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Clarky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katje is back!

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393855

Clarky wrote:
Martin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Martin wrote:
EMP said otherwise mayte

No he deadass said to me "do you want to do the bank for the update", i don't see why me doing this is concerning you this much but you do your thing I guess :s

I never said that I was for or against your project. I do appreciate you spending a lot of time on a map update for the community. All I'm saying is that external involvement in updates should always be discussed internally before agreeing to anything or making anything public. Several other members of the Community Team agree with me on this. You're welcome to continue working on this and gather community feedback, but this will need to be discussed in a Community Team Meeting, before it becomes anything official. I'll make sure to bring this up as soon as the majority of the Community Team is available for a meeting and I'll let you know how it went.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393856

Martin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Martin wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Martin wrote:
EMP said otherwise mayte

I never said that I was for or against your project. I do appreciate you spending a lot of time on a map update for the community. All I'm saying is that external involvement in updates should always be discussed internally before agreeing to anything or making anything public. Several other members of the Community Team agree with me on this. You're welcome to continue working on this and gather community feedback, but this will need to be discussed in a Community Team Meeting, before it becomes anything official. I'll make sure to bring this up as soon as the majority of the Community Team is available for a meeting and I'll let you know how it went.
Nw it's just how you came across with it, I've put a good few hours into this and considering my inexperience with Hammer, it's something that I don't want to just stop working on
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1393863

Vault is bigger, moved the entire building back a bit so it's less intrusive on the road, still taking on ideas and suggestions :)
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1394562

Hey buddy,

any new recent updates on your rework of the bank?

Thank you for letting me know.
  • Katje is back!
  • Banned
  • =)

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1394567

4Kurzen wrote:
Hey buddy,

The project is either on hold or no longer being worked on, i've been given very mixed messages all over the place and haven't had any clarification so spending time on it still just isn't feasible with me

I'm really sorry if this disappoints you or anyone else, I was looking forwards to doing something with this myself, I do still have the files
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1394636

Clarky wrote:
4Kurzen wrote:
Hey buddy,

The project is either on hold or no longer being worked on, i've been given very mixed messages all over the place and haven't had any clarification so spending time on it still just isn't feasible with me

I'm really sorry if this disappoints you or anyone else, I was looking forwards to doing something with this myself, I do still have the files

Buddy, it's not because somebody gives you negative complaints that you need to stop working on your project. You can still work on it and improve your talents. I do get the '' problem '' due that you don't have the '' skills '' to create a beautiful map because you're still learning how to create one. I find it beautiful, even if it takes years from now, I hope one day, I'll see your name somewhere on Garry's Mod.
  • Katje is back!
  • Banned
  • =)

SSRP - My Bank Rework - Leave your suggestions! 1 year 6 months ago #1394644

4Kurzen wrote:
Clarky wrote:
4Kurzen wrote:
Hey buddy,

Buddy, it's not because somebody gives you negative complaints that you need to stop working on your project. You can still work on it and improve your talents. I do get the '' problem '' due that you don't have the '' skills '' to create a beautiful map because you're still learning how to create one. I find it beautiful, even if it takes years from now, I hope one day, I'll see your name somewhere on Garry's Mod.
I want to work towards something I would be really proud of sharing with others and I am not giving up on learning more about Hammer. This was done with the intent of having it added to the server (hence the reason this post was created in the first place) as I was told I could collaborate by an owner but since there are just mixed messages all over, this has really dumbed my motivation down to assist in the map updates and I have yet to even hear back from the CM team in regards to this as I was told I was due a message. I'm still willing to discuss this in a more private manner but I cannot do anything further from here.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa
  • Page:
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

303 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47