Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] twardy's Ban Appeal

[SSRP] twardy's Ban Appeal 5 years 10 months ago #952867

Name - twardy
STEAM-ID - STEAM_1:1:97893948
Admins Name - SkeletonWarrior
Reason - Well I broke 2 rules discrimination pushed it over the top.
Server - SSRP 1
Time - 1 day
Story - Revenge RDM'd some kid who kept breaking nlr and trying to arrest me. Big man skeleton picks me up, asks me why I killed him, I said because hes a F*****. Then he says "I'm banning you for 1 day for discrimination"
Proof - N/A
Extra Information - During this whole thing I had 0 recent punishments. Would have been better to jail be or ban me for an hour, but at the point of 1 day with 0 recents breaking 3 petite rules is pathetic tbh. I think you made the ban personal because you kept telling me "Oh twardy your such a minge compared to what u used to be" Like i'm just havin fun on a server thats dying with nothing to do.
  • twardy
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • clarky why u do dis
  • Thanks received: 37
EX - Broccoli Co - Owner
EX - Pink Lemonade Officer
EX - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by twardy.
The topic has been locked.

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952868

Pretty sure Raeker said that there is only 0 tolerance on Racism, not on discrimination like saying "fag***"

and wtf, i mass rdmed someone like 10+ times atleast, and got 10 minute jail. I think i'm the one who caused more trouble here. Twardy calling someone "fag***" probably didnt offend anyone else than Skeleton
  • James Stone
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life is a fight, but not everyone’s a fighter.
  • Thanks received: 297
(OOC) Clarky: rdm me once more and youll be seeing yourself perma banned

If life is nothing but a bitch, I hope my dick is big enough
To fuck the whole world

Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by James Stone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsMs, twardy

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952869

Skeleton made the right decision, wait out the 1 day ban and stop rulebreaking
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life isn’t a destination, it’s hell
  • Thanks received: 963
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeletonWarrior

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952871

If you have 0 recents and only said that then a warning or a mute would be more fitting for this
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: twardy

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952872

James Stone wrote:
Pretty sure Raeker said that there is only 0 tolerance on Racism, not on discrimination like saying "fag***"
The policy is against any kind of discrimination, this includes homophobia
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952875

Kyber wrote:
James Stone wrote:
Not like Ik the kid personally is it. If you go on a server like this you gotta expect salty kids like me to say some random offensive word to express my salt. Its not like I individually picked taht word to offend him on a homophobic level.
  • twardy
  • Junior Boarder
  • clarky why u do dis
EX - Broccoli Co - Owner
EX - SSRP Administrator

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952876

Kyber wrote:
James Stone wrote:
added screenshot to my answer
  • James Stone
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

To fuck the whole world

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952881

James Stone wrote:
Kyber wrote:
James Stone wrote:
added screenshot to my answer

Get mega oofed
Anyway this is ridiculous just mute him fgs :plussp:
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952882

James Stone wrote:

and wtf, i mass rdmed someone like 10+ times atleast, and got 10 minute jail. I think i'm the one who caused more trouble here. Twardy calling someone "fag***" probably didnt offend anyone else than Skeleton

Tyler Durden wrote:
Recently we started to crack down on discrimination within the community, this post aims to clarify our intentions further and to hopefully resolve some issues that you may see with the recent enforcement of rules.

So, it's evident that the topic at hand has turned out to be very polarizing and people have been quite vocal. One common misconception seems to be that we're only cracking down on certain words and certain behaviors but this is not the case. We're aiming to in general be more strict on all forms of discrimination and harassment within the community in order to make for a less toxic and friendlier community. If you have criticisms of this or arguments to put forth about enforcement of rules within the community feel free to voice these concerns by making suggestions or by talking to the staff about ideas for how things could be changed or improved rather than instantly resorting to bad behavior as a sign of revolt.

To end this post I'd also like to inform all staff and users that the ethos as it has been brought up recently in contrast to the current enforcement, is not here to protect people that display hostile or hurtful behavior knowingly but rather to protect users that want to contribute but are struggling with certain aspects of the rules. The moment a user resorts to harassing, disrespecting or discriminating they are no longer under protection of the ethos hence giving way for the current enforcement.

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...acism-discrimination
  • SkeletonWarrior
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Pure Legend!
  • Thanks received: 1124

csontvazharcos
Former:
SSRP Super Administrator
TeamSpeak Staff
Forums Section Moderator

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952883

SkeletonWarrior wrote:
James Stone wrote:

Tyler Durden wrote:
Recently we started to crack down on discrimination within the community, this post aims to clarify our intentions further and to hopefully resolve some issues that you may see with the recent enforcement of rules.

So, it's evident that the topic at hand has turned out to be very polarizing and people have been quite vocal. One common misconception seems to be that we're only cracking down on certain words and certain behaviors but this is not the case. We're aiming to in general be more strict on all forms of discrimination and harassment within the community in order to make for a less toxic and friendlier community. If you have criticisms of this or arguments to put forth about enforcement of rules within the community feel free to voice these concerns by making suggestions or by talking to the staff about ideas for how things could be changed or improved rather than instantly resorting to bad behavior as a sign of revolt.

To end this post I'd also like to inform all staff and users that the ethos as it has been brought up recently in contrast to the current enforcement, is not here to protect people that display hostile or hurtful behavior knowingly but rather to protect users that want to contribute but are struggling with certain aspects of the rules. The moment a user resorts to harassing, disrespecting or discriminating they are no longer under protection of the ethos hence giving way for the current enforcement.

too much text soz

tbh no wonder ppl resigned and started leavin,
staff taking everything way too seriously. Rules word by word without any use of common sense. 24 hours is pretty harsh
  • James Stone
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

To fuck the whole world

The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, MsMs, twardy

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952885

I'll handle this.
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

[SSRP] twardy's Ban Appeal 5 years 10 months ago #952887

:plussp:
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995
The following user(s) said Thank You: twardy

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952888

#DemoteStaffThatDon'tHaveCommonSenseOkTy

Like when SyStem was a staff, he went crazy on me trying to tell me that i shouldn't walk on streets as AoD or at spawn area, chatting with people etc. That's a good example of people taking rules way too strictly, "THAT JOB SHOULD NOT RP" "IT RUINS OTHERS RP" it didn't harm anyone, just gave people something to do and laugh about when we had fun around spawn. Common sense to staff members should be a requirement.

Even if Twardy called someone a fag***, obviously it wasn't a right thing to do but did you even ask the other person was he even offended by that? Is ZARP really turning into family friendly community? Anywhere else on the internet its quite normal language to use shit like that. If someone gets offended by it maybe they shouldn't even use internet.
  • James Stone
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

To fuck the whole world

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952890

James Stone wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
James Stone wrote:

Tyler Durden wrote:

too much text soz

staff taking everything way too seriously. Rules word by word without any use of common sense. 24 hours is pretty harsh

Tbh Idk anyone whos got a ban for that word. Anyways "Making it a less toxic more friendlier comunity" Your basically gonna have to ban 98% of the server tbh theres always gonna be toxics.
  • twardy
  • Junior Boarder
  • clarky why u do dis
EX - Broccoli Co - Owner
EX - SSRP Administrator

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952893

twardy wrote:
James Stone wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
James Stone wrote:

Tyler Durden wrote:

too much text soz

Tbh Idk anyone whos got a ban for that word. Anyways "Making it a less toxic more friendlier comunity" Your basically gonna have to ban 98% of the server tbh

You weren’t banned just for the discrimination, you also broke 2 other rules which added up on your punishment making it a 1 day ban. If you’re thinkin that 98% of the server should be banned then provide sufficient proof of it to a staff member or report it on the forums
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952895

Windows wrote:
twardy wrote:
James Stone wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
James Stone wrote:

Tyler Durden wrote:

too much text soz

Tbh Idk anyone whos got a ban for that word. Anyways "Making it a less toxic more friendlier comunity" Your basically gonna have to ban 98% of the server tbh

You weren’t banned just for the discrimination, you also broke 2 other rules which added up on your punishment making it a 1 day ban. If you’re thinkin that 98% of the server should be banned then provide sufficient proof of it to a staff member or report it on the forums

I'm not saying i'm against discrimination. If I said it in such a way it was offensive then I would expect a ban. Friends greet eatchother with names like this it's just a joke. I didn't call the guy the name to offend him in fact he wasn't even there. I'm just saying sticks and stones.
  • twardy
  • Junior Boarder
  • clarky why u do dis
EX - Broccoli Co - Owner
EX - SSRP Administrator

[SSR 5 years 10 months ago #952905

twardy wrote:
Windows wrote:
twardy wrote:
James Stone wrote:
SkeletonWarrior wrote:
James Stone wrote:

Tyler Durden wrote:

too much text soz

I'm not saying i'm against discrimination. Friends greet eatchother with names like this it's just a joke. I didn't call the guy the name to offend him in fact he wasn't even there. I'm just saying sticks and stones.

Even if friends greet eachother that way doesn’t mean that a homosexual person wont get offended by that since they prefer to be called homosexual or gay instead of f*****
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] twardy's Ban Appeal 5 years 10 months ago #952907

After talking to Skeletonwarrior, reading the appeal and it's replies, I've decided to deny this appeal. The reason being, you acknowledge you broke the rules intentionally so any argument of a 1 day ban being harsh is false. I would like to add, you had a recent from Wizard for NLR, so you do not deserve being let go. There's also a zero tolerance to discrimination rule, which includes actions and words that are discriminating towards others.
Tyler Durden wrote:
One common misconception seems to be that we're only cracking down on certain words and certain behaviors but this is not the case. We're aiming to in general be more strict on all forms of discrimination and harassment within the community in order to make for a less toxic and friendlier community. If you have criticisms of this or arguments to put forth about enforcement of rules within the community feel free to voice these concerns by making suggestions or by talking to the staff about ideas for how things could be changed or improved rather than instantly resorting to bad behavior as a sign of revolt.
To end this post I'd also like to inform all staff and users that the ethos as it has been brought up recently in contrast to the current enforcement, is not here to protect people that display hostile or hurtful behavior knowingly but rather to protect users that want to contribute but are struggling with certain aspects of the rules.
In conclusion, consider this:
:denied:
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by dankek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Windows, eddie.

[SSRP] twardy's Ban Appeal 5 years 10 months ago #953291

What I said in my discussion with James Stone is true. Whenever we speak of the "zero tolerance policy" we explicitly mean it in regards to racism. Obviously Tyler's post still holds some merit, however at core value it is factually wrong. You cannot be banned instantly for discrimination like you can be for racism - both are things that will hopefully be changed soon.

Regardless Twardy as you broke other rules in this situation you were still rightfully banned. That there's not a zero tolerance on discrimination does not mean that Tyler was wrong in saying that there are still harsher punishments for it.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, MsMs, dankek, Boxy
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

233 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun