Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unban Request - Maverik

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52813

Name - [ETA] Maverik
STEAM-ID - STEAM_0:1:5865100
Admins name - Zippy? If not him, he was definitely there.
Reason - "Mass RDM, Trolling"
Server - ZARP RP server 1
Time - 2 weeks and 1 hour
Story - A couple of guys (can't remember their names) were being really offensive, personal insults etc, so I basically flipped out and used heavy weapons as a citizen to kill them (yes I know, I shouldn't have just called an admin). Admin told me to stop and I did it again. The admin was well within his right to punish me seeing as I ignored his orders, but this only happened once and it was the only real incident I believe I have been in. I've definitely learnt my lesson (there are much more intelligent ways to get revenge ;P ). Hopefully I'm not coming across to beggy, I just kinda hope the 2 weeks can be reduced or removed, I play this server a lot and enjoy the community.
Extra information - Happened around 9pm on 30/06/2014, there were at least 3 admins present
  • maverik
  • Fresh Boarder
The topic has been locked.

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52820

I vaguely know this guy and when I have played with him he has been a rule abiding player; playing in a true and legitimate RP way (which cant be said for the majority of players).
I am sure he knows the rules and has identified he has broken them, as declared, yet this ban seems pretty unreasonable. A two week ban for having a heavy gun as citizen and shooting someone? This could have been in self-defense, but also the slots for gangsters becomes full incredibly quickly so you have to resort to using a weapon. This rule, in my opinion, should be revoked due to lack of slots for gangsters/thieves/cops especially on a 90player server.
It seems, also, that he wasn't given the warning process of 3 warns = kick then 4 warns = 1 hour ban. I have seen a lot worse behaviour go unpunished and this admin has been far too strict on this player. I would say he possibly deserves a ban to think about what he has done and to learn a lesson, but it should be something more like 3 days.
Thanks,
Milky

+SUPPORT
  • milkybakid
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by milkybakid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maverik

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52824

He was verbally warned numerous of times by wonderley and just ignored him and carries on he also began to troll by saying he holstered his weapon when he never. I'll think about your ban appeal. But you were ignoring 2 members of staff and breaking 2 rules.
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52826

Zippyjack wrote:
He was verbally warned numerous of times by wonderley and just ignored him and carries on he also began to troll by saying he holstered his weapon when he never. I'll think about your ban appeal. But you were ignoring 2 members of staff and breaking 2 rules.

Surely he should have gone through the correct process of warnings, rather than verbal ones. This system is there as structure that punishes a player which is consistent and treats everyone equally
  • milkybakid
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52827

Zippy, I told you once and I'll tell you again. You told me to holster my weapon, so I equipped my phys gun. I thought that meant holstering, because in real life, to holster a weapon just means put it away. As soon as you said put it in your inventory, I did. I am sorry about that confusion.
  • maverik
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by maverik.

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52843

Earlier yesterday I had to kick you because you killed 2 people in my f1 and then tried to kill me! So if he knew that when he banned you I'm sure it would have been longer.
  • JLByrne
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I was once a potato.
  • Thanks received: 23

Feel free to leave a thank you if I helped you!

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52852

Are you sure that was me? I've never tried to kill an admin, that would be ridiculous, you have god mode anyways.
  • maverik
  • Fresh Boarder

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52912

milkybakid wrote:
Zippyjack wrote:

Surely he should have gone through the correct process of warnings, rather than verbal ones. This system is there as structure that punishes a player which is consistent and treats everyone equally

Verbal warnings are used as staff quite often. They can be worse or better than receiving actual warnings from the F1 system as the staff member will personally tell you what you are doing wrong so you know exactly what to stop doing.
If this player did in fact do as Jibyrne23 said then the ban should stick. If not then I think lowering it to 5 days would be better.

Anyway I will leave this to Zippyjack for now.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52914

Well I may be wrong but surely a verbal warning would entail the member of staff saying "this is a verbal warning". That statement was never used, all that was said was "put your gun away". I'm not condoning what I did but you just sort of confirmed that a warning process should be enforced, whether that be F1 or verbal, whereas I was told not to do something, did it once more then got a 2 week ban.
  • maverik
  • Fresh Boarder

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52915

Hello Maverik,
Thank you for appealing your ban. You were disregarding me and Wonderley numerous times and even lied to Wonderley. Nevertheless, you have taken time and put a lot of determination into your appeal. So I will shorten the ban to 4 days. I do not want to see you do it again. I hope you have nice day.

- Accepted, Ban decreased to 4 days

Regards,
Zippy
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174
The following user(s) said Thank You: maverik

Unban Request - Maverik 9 years 10 months ago #52918

maverik wrote:
Well I may be wrong but surely a verbal warning would entail the member of staff saying "this is a verbal warning". That statement was never used, all that was said was "put your gun away". I'm not condoning what I did but you just sort of confirmed that a warning process should be enforced, whether that be F1 or verbal, whereas I was told not to do something, did it once more then got a 2 week ban.

Before I lock this I would like to clarify that a staff member shouldn't need to point out that he is giving a verbal warning as the whole meaning of a verbal warning is to tell someone not to do it over voice/text chat. Verbal..... get it?

Anyway it seems your ban was decreased so this is locked.
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackelele
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

261 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
19/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40