TOPIC: Unban Appeal

Unban Appeal 9 years 11 months ago #48334

Name - XxXDogFingeringXxX
STEAM-ID - STEAM_0:1:54039274
Admins name - MorganOfFreemans
Reason - Placing a Swastika that was mistook for a Nazi Swastika
Server - Zarps DarkRP
Time - 2 weeks and 6 days
Story - Whilst rp'ing in the church, me and my buddies took a buddhist approach to the church. I put a buddhist swatika symbol on the wall, which means 'All is Well'. This was quickly mistaken for a Nazi Swastika, and I was almost instantaneously banned for 2 weeks and 6 days. I find this extremely irritating as I was simply expressing my OWN religion, due to the insta ban i did not get a chance to argue my case.
Proof - Here is a webpage explaining my case, www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/swastika.htm You could google it and you would clearly see that I am in the right on this
  • Fresh Boarder
The topic has been locked.

Unban Appeal 9 years 11 months ago #48396

MorganOfFreemans should have had you explain what happened first. I'm sure that if you had the time to explain that the swastika is a Buddhist swastika that means "All is well" and that it was your religion, he wouldn't have banned you.
  • Concorn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5
~Concorn :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locked

Unban Appeal 9 years 11 months ago #48397

Obviously he got the wrong end of what I was trying to do, if he would of asked me to explain by all means i would of, i'm not angry about the ban just annoyed that he didn't give me the chance to explain what i was trying to do, nor am i offended that he banned me for something which is considered as a sign of 'all is well' in my religion.
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Locked. Reason: There was a grammatical mistake

Unban Appeal 9 years 11 months ago #48439

Hello, Locked.

I feel this ban is a bit harsh due to the length of the ban for one. But the symbol as you mentioned is quite close. here is one I found off the internet.

They are quite close but one of the rules is to use common sense. Would sticking a symbol outside a church that looks like a swastika be a good idea? I think this was a stuiped move as in order to know about this symbol you would have to be interested in religion. In which case most Admins are not. Yes, You didnt mean no harm but it did look like a swastika. Think carefully next time about putting dodgey symbols outside your base.

- jellybean
  • jellybean
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • ITS NOT WORKING
  • Thanks received: 66

Unban Appeal 9 years 11 months ago #48447

I think, given the context, we all know youre trying to con us. There was no need to test the water by placing the swastika symbol in a place it can have an immediately offensive effect by using it to represent an in character practice. For exqmple, you may have portrayed the building as a nazi or anti semitic building, whereas for example posting a book cover which clearly puts the symbol in an educational context wouldnt be a problem. You knew it had two meanings, and there was simply no need to take the chance.

TL; DR - we're not idiots.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Chris.

Unban Appeal 9 years 11 months ago #48573

You can have another chance.

ACCEPTED
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Unban Appeal 9 years 11 months ago #48577

Sorry that I did not get to this sooner, I've been very busy with school related tests.

As Chris said, I couldn't more agree, that you deserve a 2nd chance.

I also regret not coming to you and talking about this, instead I just banned you.

It's hard to determine weather it is a troll, or you are very serious about this.

Sorry that I banned you, it just looked like you were trolling with Swastika's, as I've seen people do this before.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

233 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun