Racist Admin/Unban Appeal 10 years 2 weeks ago #45771

Name - Barbieque/Mohammed Al-Jazeeri
Steam-ID - STEAM_0:0:33336944
Evidence of Steam-ID -
Server - Dark RP
Rank - Normal
Reason -

Hello guys, how you doing?

I recently joined this server I am quite new I decided to change my name from Barbieque to Osama Binloaden as a joke nothing serious so this admin known as "JellyBean69 Smith" decided to teleport me to him and asked me to change my name so I roleplayed and asked why and he said to me that it's racist, no clue how that is racist but ok, changed my name to "Mohammed Hussain" said that is racist as well no clue how that is racist because many people have that name nowadays, by the way I am arabic and muslim my self. I asked him how that is racist and he threatened to ban me so I changed it again and changed it to Mohammed Al-Jazeeri and complained that he is racist and not me why would I be racist to muslims if I am one my self?

What I think is that this admin is racist him self and did not want these names to be on the server I even mentioned that I am arabic my self and he did not care these type of admins are not good for this community. My friend also told people in the server what happened and many people said it is not racist and defended me, I just don't understand how that is racist.

Thank you for reading I hope I did not post this in the wrong section, as I said I am new.

Proof -

Time and date - around 18:00 28/04/2014
Other comments - Accusing a Muslim person of being racist is not good of you neither banning me for changing my name to a Muslim name I even told him I am Arabic yet he carries on and bans me.
  • Barbieque
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Last Edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Barbieque.
The topic has been locked.

Racist Admin/Unban Appeal 10 years 2 weeks ago #45773

Well, Hussain is not racist nor a terrorist name, so I don't think that you should have been banned. The person who banned you can ask an Arab Admin on the server if he doesn't believe me (Everyone knows him). Mohammad Al-Jazeeri isn't racist nor terrorist either :p I think that you should be unbanned. +SUPPORT
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor

Racist Admin/Unban Appeal 10 years 2 weeks ago #45775

Must admit, screaming tons of distasteful, impertinent abuse at him accompany the word 'racist' wouldn't have been helpful, however you have made effort to appeal so I would strongly advise that Jellybean unbans you in the verdict.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Racist Admin/Unban Appeal 10 years 2 weeks ago #45776

Hello, Barbieque,

First off, Thank you for making this post and following the template provided by ZARP.

Lets get some things clear, I banned you for being racist because your name was "Osama BinLoaden" relating to Osama Bin Laden who was a terrorist. You said in ooc with this name "i bomb everyone". This was not a sensible idea. I then teleported to you to tell you to change your name and talk to you about what you have just posted in ooc.

I then took you out and started explaining to you that this was not aloud. You then changed your name to "Mohammed Hussain". This name I thought was linked to Saddam Hussein another bad person. By this point I thought you were being cheeky and doing this on purpose to annoy me.

In response to many people saying its not racist getting friends invovled with personal F1's is not a good idea and I would not advise you doing it in future because one of your friends "Dan-Phillips" advert abused by using advert to say RACIST.

Some key points to take in from this post:
  • Not to publicly declare your F1's
  • Understand that getting friends involved will get you into more trouble
  • Think hard about what you post in OOC
  • Understand that although names may be spelt differently they look similar upon first glance
  • Admins are here to make the server better not to abuse and be racist

Please think hard in future before changing your name.

I am not being racist towards any other players with a different ethnic background

You got your friends involved in your F1 which was not a smart move

BUT

You are a new player and you did put some effort into this ban appeal I will accept this.

ACCEPTED

Please think hard about what you post in future.

- jellybean
  • jellybean
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • ITS NOT WORKING
  • Thanks received: 66
The following user(s) said Thank You: i7moody009

Racist Admin/Unban Appeal 10 years 2 weeks ago #45777

I do not see the point of making a big deal out of a name even if it's a name of a infamous person in real world.
But that is just my opinion of course, but the fact is that it brought cold feelings to both sides.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The things you own end up owning you.
  • Thanks received: 37
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

117 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
3/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf